Boruc to face SFA Disciplinary Board

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news.cfm?newsid=4162

Tuesday, 09 Sep 2008

The Review Panel has decided that Celtic FC goalkeeper Artur Boruc has a case to answer in regard to his alleged gesture towards Rangers FC supporters at the Old Firm match on 31st August 2008.

Press photographs showing the player making a one-fingered gesture were considered by the Review Panel.

The player has been called to appear before the Disciplinary Committee at its next meeting on 16th September when it will investigate the case. Before the meeting, the player has to respond with his comments on the alleged misconduct and to the material considered by the Review Panel.

The case is being dealt with as a Case of Improper Conduct which has come to the attention of the Disciplinary Committee other than by means of a match official's report.

If the Disciplinary Committee finds the player to be guilty of Improper Conduct, it may impose any penalty on the player.

The case for alleged misconduct is to be held on the 16 September, it's on the Evening Times flash stream haven't seen a proper full report yet.

No nothing report yet, only on scroll bar on SSN. :sherlock:

Looks like someone beat both of us to it! :D

To the report but not the initial news ;) Anyways whats the punishment gonna be then ? Night out in jinty mcginty's, all inclusive ? :sherlock:

The case for alleged misconduct is to be held on the 16 September, it's on the Evening Times flash stream haven't seen a proper full report yet.

No nothing report yet, only on scroll bar on SSN. :sherlock:

Looks like someone beat both of us to it! :D

To the report but not the initial news ;) Anyways whats the punishment gonna be then ? Night out in jinty mcginty's, all inclusive ? :sherlock:

:lol: In a boxing ring with Lennon, gloves off!

Boruc to answer Old Firm charge

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7606039.stm

Boruc faces a Scottish FA charge of improper conduct

Celtic goalkeeper Artur Boruc has been called to appear before the Scottish FA's disciplinary committee over an alleged gesture made to Rangers fans.

The Polish international conceded four goals as Rangers ran out comfortable winners at Celtic Park on 31 August.

The SFA review panel decided Boruc had a case to answer after studying photographs from the Old Firm match.

The goalkeeper will go before the committee on 16 September, facing a charge of improper conduct.

A statement on the SFA's website read: "Press photographs showing the player making a one-fingered gesture were considered by the review panel.

"The player has been called to appear before the disciplinary committee at its next meeting.

"Before the meeting, the player has to respond with his comments on the alleged misconduct and to the material considered by the review panel.

"If the disciplinary committee finds the player to be guilty of improper conduct, it may impose any penalty on the player."

his middlefinger sign doesn't bother me to be honest.

I ain't no Boruc fan but it seems injust that one side can dole out unfettered abuse without sanction and if the the recipeint of the abuse can't keep his cool he is the one to be punished....

1) it ain't just Rangers fans that give Boruc dogs abuse

2) He has got away with this shit for too long

3) The tadgergets paid more in a week than a lot of us do in a year, he can take the abuse becasue he is paid to.

I never saw Beckham lose his cool with the abuse Posh Spice took at football grounds.

Boruc deserves everything he gets.

It's all part of the game for professional sportsmen and managers etc of any sport, it might not be nice and it would be better if abuse wasn't dished out, banter is a different thing, but these professionals are paid an awful lot of money and are fully aware of what they are letting themselves in for, and in some cases from their own fans, but they are in a position of responsibility and should not do anything to antagonise a fan base from any team.

Imagine what would happen if people were only shouting verbals at the police and they went in with batons raised? Might be slightly extreme example but the police are paid an awful lot less and have to take abuse without retaliating.

But what about Nacho Novo knocking the steward out at the end of the game? not to mention urinating on Celtic fans as he got off the team bus.

I'm pretty sure that picture of Boruc giving the finger had been photo-shopped. He was probably waving.

Its all wrong, this witch hunt. Novo is the culprit.

i can tell you for sure there was no photoshop anywere he gave us the finger full stop i was there an seen it with my own eye's

Polsih Wank duff should be sent out the country an never be allowed back..

I think WVB was being a bit sarcastic mate

i can tell you for sure there was no photoshop anywere he gave us the finger full stop i was there an seen it with my own eye's

Polsih Wank duff should be sent out the country an never be allowed back..

Hook, line and sinker! :mutley:

But what about Nacho Novo knocking the steward out at the end of the game? not to mention urinating on Celtic fans as he got off the team bus.

I'm pretty sure that picture of Boruc giving the finger had been photo-shopped. He was probably waving.

Its all wrong, this witch hunt. Novo is the culprit.

It is all wrong but it's not Novo's fault it's the Rangers fans who are to blame, they taunted the poor guy while he's under pressure.