Crespo considers Celtic switch

bluenose_72

Inter outcast Hernan Crespo could be in line for a move to Celtic as he struggles to deal with his lack of opportunities with the Beneamata.

The Argentine marksman turned down moves to Sampdoria and Palermo this summer because he felt he could hold down a starting place at San Siro.

But Jose Mourinho hasn't given Crespo a chance with the might of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Adriano Julio Cruz, Mario Balotelli and Ricardo Quaresma at his disposal.

“People are asking me why I'm not playing and I'm asking the same thing,” Crespo said.

“But the choice lies with the Coach and that has to be respected. However, I still want to play at the 2010 World Cup, so we will have to see what happens in January.”

There are reports that Scottish giants Celtic are considering a swoop for Crespo in January.

While the 33-year-old has expressed his desire to stay in Italy, the lack of first-team football may force his hand.

:mutley:

There was rumours about this just before the transfer window shut. Apparently he was seen taking a tour of Celtic Park, but that was prob a stupid rumour. Hope to god it's not true, he'll end up playing in the EPL if he comes to the UK.

Probably won't happen but it's not a thing I'd like to see happen.

He's still a quality player and would tear the SPL apart. A Crespo__Samaras partnership would be pretty deadly!