***The Official Hibs v Rangers Thread***

Muff

charlie adam will start this match walter is a creature of habit and the fact is adam played well at easter road a couple of times so i believe he will line up in the starting 11

also the good result in tattiedome gives him the reason to pick him but watching beasley and novo playing last night i think adam deserves a start over these 2

I'm not so sure Adam will start, although he'll probably be on the bench. Hibs will probably play 4-5-1/4-3-3 so we need the width that Adam and Davis combined can't give us. But hey....it's anyones guess what side Walter will pick! :craphead:

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

charlie adam will start this match walter is a creature of habit and the fact is adam played well at easter road a couple of times so i believe he will line up in the starting 11

also the good result in tattiedome gives him the reason to pick him but watching beasley and novo playing last night i think adam deserves a start over these 2

I'm not so sure Adam will start, although he'll probably be on the bench. Hibs will probably play 4-5-1/4-3-3 so we need the width that Adam and Davis combined can't give us. But hey....it's anyones guess what side Walter will pick! :craphead:

that true remember the 2 howitzers he threw in at the san giro and we all thought why adam why cousin

4 goals later were all saying walters a wily old fox who outwitted little chesney

__________________________Alexander________________________

______________________Weir________Bougherra___________________

Broadfoot_____________________________________________Papac

___________________Mendes________Thomson__________________

Davis_______________________________________________Beasley

______________________Miller______Boyd____________________

How do you get to easter road from the train station <cr>

:rangers:

its about 15/20 min walk or you could get a bus or a taxi but if its a nice day a walk would be ok stopping for a beer or twenty on the way

Cool

:rolleyes:

Am 14, bt anyway, sounds good =P

How do you get to easter road from the train station <cr>

:rangers:

its about 15/20 min walk or you could get a bus or a taxi but if its a nice day a walk would be ok stopping for a beer or twenty on the way

Cool

:rolleyes:

Am 14, bt anyway, sounds good =P

ok alcopops only stay off the staight vodka till your 15

can you not get a supporters bus it would be safer than walking in strange city at your age

A few Hibs players to watch out for:

Sol Bamba - An absolutely useless centre half who has been used in central midfield for Hibs. He'll probably spend most of the game kicking the life out of Mendes.

Ian Murray - Like Bamba, Murray plays a defensive role in midfield. He isnt very good as we all know, but he always relishes the games against us.

Derek Riordan - Do i really need to explain this one? The biggest scumbag in Scottish football will be absolutely desperate to put one by us.

______________________Weir________Madjid___________________

______________________Miller______Lafferty____________________

Swap Lafferty with Beasley and Boyd in with Miller will be the team

2-0 Boyd and Miller

Swap Lafferty with Beasley and Boyd in with Miller will be the team

2-0 Boyd and Miller

(tu) I would like to see the same swap as you RFC, we know Lafferty is a centre forward but Beasley is so bad at the moment I hope he is not in the team and I think the big man can do a turn out on the left side.

Bamba and Jones are another reason why Boyd should not play. Hibs will try to play football and they'll get at us. We don't like this and struggle, when we struggle we just lamp the ball up the park. Pointless having Boyd in there.

As for Weir, it's pretty much the only thing he can do apart from playing a 3 yard pass.

Squad for the game:

Alexander, Broadfoot, Bougherra, Weir, Dailly, Davis, Mendes, Thomson, Beasley, Novo, Boyd, Miller, McGregor, Edu, Velicka, Aaron, McCulloch, Fleck, Papac.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

Exactly. I'm hoping he is not in the squad and lafferty comes in for his place.

There should be a ban on high balls from Davie Weir come Sunday.

Any of our strikers versus either Bamba or Rob Jones in the air is no contest. We should keep the ball on the ground for 90 minutes.

I remember what happenened one of the last times boyd was up against bamba :Animation44-dont over use:

Looks a cert that Boyd will start.... i hope he gets a couple of goals to GIRU a few more Boyd haters (tu)

After the last couple of games, we need to thrash this mob tbh... scraping 2-1 wins isnt doing it for me anymore... we need a 3, 4 nil game to keep things happy.

WALTER SMITH has major striking options as Rangers head to Easter Road on Sunday hoping to maintain their lead at the top of the SPL - but it seems certain Kris Boyd will be one of them.

Kenny Miller has shaken off the slight strain which prevented him from taking part in Wednesday's extra time Co-operative Insurance Cup tie win over Partick Thistle.

Andrius Velicka is also fit again after being floored by a sickness bug and he has a good record against Hibs from his Hearts days.

While Lee McCulloch is also available again and back into the squad after suffering a knee problem.

Steven Whittaker, meanwhile, has received an injection in his knee to cure a cyst problem and the medical team hope he will now be on the road to recovery.

Boss Walter Smith said: "We have no further injury problems after Wednesday's game. The good news is that Velicka, McCulloch and Miller are available again.

"Steven Whitaker got an injection on a cyst behind his knee this morning and hopefully that will cure the problem he has had."

Smith used Jean-Claude Darchevile and Kris Boyd as his strike force during the week and Boyd seems certain to keep his place after a sensational strike.

The manager said: "Kris showed the other night what he does best. He scored a fantastic goal. If we can supply him the opportunities then he will take them.

"There are aspects to his game that he could do better and Kris says that himself, but his technique for the goal at Firhill was tremendous.

"There are very few players out there who can finish in the way that he does. He has been in the team more than not this season and he showed why the other night.

"Of course, it is up to me to pick the team and we will chop and change throughout the season. Some players are particularly suited to certain games."

From this, it looks like Boyd will start again. :anguish:

______________________Weir________Bougherra___________________

______________________Miller______Boyd____________________

I'd go with that. tough game, really got to pick up the 3 points here. i'd say toughest place to go after parkhead, maybe on a par with the sheepdome

WALTER SMITH has major striking options as Rangers head to Easter Road on Sunday hoping to maintain their lead at the top of the SPL - but it seems certain Kris Boyd will be one of them.

Kenny Miller has shaken off the slight strain which prevented him from taking part in Wednesday's extra time Co-operative Insurance Cup tie win over Partick Thistle.

Andrius Velicka is also fit again after being floored by a sickness bug and he has a good record against Hibs from his Hearts days.

While Lee McCulloch is also available again and back into the squad after suffering a knee problem.

Steven Whittaker, meanwhile, has received an injection in his knee to cure a cyst problem and the medical team hope he will now be on the road to recovery.

Boss Walter Smith said: "We have no further injury problems after Wednesday's game. The good news is that Velicka, McCulloch and Miller are available again.

"Steven Whitaker got an injection on a cyst behind his knee this morning and hopefully that will cure the problem he has had."

Smith used Jean-Claude Darchevile and Kris Boyd as his strike force during the week and Boyd seems certain to keep his place after a sensational strike.

The manager said: "Kris showed the other night what he does best. He scored a fantastic goal. If we can supply him the opportunities then he will take them.

"There are aspects to his game that he could do better and Kris says that himself, but his technique for the goal at Firhill was tremendous.

"There are very few players out there who can finish in the way that he does. He has been in the team more than not this season and he showed why the other night.

"Of course, it is up to me to pick the team and we will chop and change throughout the season. Some players are particularly suited to certain games."

From this, it looks like Boyd will start again. :anguish:

Anyone think we'l see mcculloch on in this game, if he doesn't start then think he'l least get on as a sub. doh