***The Official St. Mirren v Rangers Thread***

Muff

Just realised that Walter was back to his old way today.

Four centre backs and four central midfielders.

Where's the width?

He is slowly going back that way. At the start of the season he played with Boyd and a winger every game, but now he goes with Adam and Sebo2

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the width?

To be fair to him he did keep the same side that battered Hibs 3-0 last weekend barr swapping the keepers.

If they can beat Hibs away then the same side can beat St.Mirren away.

Today's performance shows why we need Barry back in the team ... I mean how many of them are really hurting enough tonight! The truth is the performance was an absolute disgrace and most of them only showed the required urgency after we went behind. As for St Mirren we shall see if they are as interested in going over the ball against septic <_<

I went to the pub yesterday with my son to watch Rangers away at St Mirren - and it was a bad case of deja vu.

I was horrified at the slow and casual way we approached the game.

We'd had 82% possession by one point near half time but it was slow recycling the ball backwards-and-to-the-side possession that achieved nothing.

I'm not sure why McGregor was brought back in - Alexander hadn't made a mistake - and as many have said McGregor's positioning at the St Mirren goal seemed faulty too. Likewise why no Boyd - where's Novo - why Adam etc...?

But really the main thing for me was not personnel but rather the attitude - complacent, lethargic, casual, lackadaisacal etc - slow as death and unambitious to the nth degree - and when we should be applying pressure on Celtic - who are fighting both in Europe and domestically - instead we carelessly lose the initiative and drop points against the team who are bottom of the division.

After what happened last season - when we let the league slip away from what should have been an unassailable position - well - yesterday was shades of the same thing - sloppy, turgid, faint-hearted, over-confident, suicidal sh1te.

I am now worried about this campaign when before I was optimistic - now scunnered etc - it is deja vu - we stepped in a turd again and splattered it all over Love Street - leaving us Rangers fans wincing and holding our noses - not this sh1t again - as I said it was deja fuck1ing vu.

Where's the width?

I think the line-up had more to do with the narrow pitch at Love Street than anything else. It's never been a great place for wingers as when, like yesterday, St Mirren string 5 midfielders across the pitch in front of their defence, wide players tend to find themselves up against at least 2 opposing players every time they get the ball.

As for the "four centre backs", Papac and Broadfoot have been getting the plaudits on here and in the media because of their fine displays as wing-backs all season, yet now that we've lost a game you appear to be insinuating they are central defenders that shouldn't be used anywhere else.

Or maybe I'm reading it all wrong? :unsure: