***The Official St. Mirren v Rangers Thread***

Muff

aye i know how celtic would have won this one, the exact way they beat st mirren 1-0 at the start of the season. CHEAT to win a penalty. Disgusted with that performance, we created hardly anything untill the last few mins and mcgregor was totally out of position for their goal. He might as well have put up a bloody " have a shot in that corner" sign he was so far to one side. Alexander did nothing wrong last game and should not have been dropped to the bench.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

International break coming at the right time ?

quite possibly..... still a very long season to go..... mcgreggor must be benched in the next game! Alexander is our #1 keeper imo

very poor showing today , only showing the urgency we needed when we went down a goal - totally took st mirren for granted as we did kaunas.

first time st mirren have beaten us in 17 years and its just not fcuking good enough - walter you need to wake up and stop acting like a dinosaur.

ps Charlie Adam is a fcuking disgrace to anyone who has ever worn the jersey - baxter and cooper would be turning in their graves.

cant blame mcgregor. it was a good strike, nobody was closing him down.

We created our best chances whenwe had a bit of urgency, shame we only lift the tempo when we are a fucking goal down ! Why cant we do taht when it is 0-0, we should be rushing to get a goal from the start... and we end up conceding, i knew it was coming

Cheer up guys....we'll still romp the league by at least 10 points.

Bump, that's those fans who said this after the Old Firm match brought back down to earth!

We don't have the quality to stroll the league.

We created our best chances whenwe had a bit of urgency, shame we only lift the tempo when we are a fucking goal down ! Why cant we do taht when it is 0-0, we should be rushing to get a goal from the start... and we end up conceding, i knew it was coming

Drives me mad mental. Playing like they have a month to get the result, instead of 90 minutes. Wish tae f*** they would get that lackadaisical attitude sorted!!!

Fucking Disgraceful. This game , is one of these games ,where if we get nudged off the top spot at the end of the season by the scum, we will look back at this game and say " if we could have only beat SHITTEY ST MIRREN" . Walter needs to realise that playing players with a lack of ability and perosnality will be the down-fall of this season league campaign. I can't undersand why we play Adam, Darcheville and a half-focussed Mcgregor. Smith has no excuses, we are out of europe so he has one focus and that is the SPL. Very disappointing today lads! :angry2:

Drives me mad mental. Playing like they have a month to get the result, instead of 90 minutes. Wish tae f*** they would get that lackadaisical attitude sorted!!!

100% Walter Smith's fault.

Adam was pish - but it's not his fault he wasn't taken off.

And Mcgregor IMO.

Where were Papac and Weir for the goal? Nowhere!

25 yards out?(it wasn't as if it was a screamer either) keepers ball every time,his positioning was terrible,as it has been every game he has played this season.He, Darcheville,or Adam had no right starting in this game,shame on you Walter (td). :mad:

3 things.....Adam, Walter=PASH!

Next Team...

____________________________Alexander__________________________________

__Kirky_______________Weir_____________Boogey man___________Papac______

__Davis__________Edu__________________Mendes___________Beasley/Novo____

______________________Miller___________Boyd__________________________

THis tteam would have whuped saint mirren!

We lacked width and creativity....Thommo might be out so that is why i put edu in.

I think Novo needs to come back and Aaron needs his chance!

That whole game was a joke.

The whole team was just lazy in the first half and there was no spark, even from Mendes and Davis there wasn't much.

Adam is useless and shouldn't be on the field in the first place.

As soon as Thomson came off it showed how little depth we have in our midfield, he was our best player in the first half and we couldn't keep possession in the middle when he went off.

Lafferty is a clown and only got in the way of other players, another jackass who shouldn't get a game.

The only time McGregor had to do anything the whole game he was caught completely out of position.

The only positive I can take from this game at all is Bougherra who played very hard throughout the entire game and was very solid in defence and contributed well to the attack as well.

Overall a very disappointing result though and if this sort of thing continues we'll be under huge pressure to win all the Old Firm games this year.