***The Official St. Mirren v Rangers Thread***

Muff

100% Walter Smith's fault.

Adam was pish - but it's not his fault he wasn't taken off.

And Mcgregor IMO.

Where were Papac and Weir for the goal? Nowhere!

25 yards out?(it wasn't as if it was a screamer either) keepers ball every time,his positioning was terrible,as it has been every game he has played this season.He, Darcheville,or Adam had no right starting in this game,shame on you Walter (td). :mad:

i agree, it wasn't that brilliant a strike. McGregor was too far to his left hand post and gave himself no chance with it. Any goalie worth his salt wouldn't have been as badly positioned as McGregor was.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful performance by all the players. Why does Darcheville still play? He hasn't scored since May and he is chosen aheof Boyd!! And Adam just isn't good enough to play for Rangers, he is awful. Mendes was off form and who will now come in instead of Thomson? Miller was non-existent in the second half and Weir should have come out to the guy that scored. McGregors positioning was awful and Walter shouldn't have brought him back in. I believe Alexander would have saved it and it was harsh that he was dropped because he didn't do anything wrong. Overall it was shocking considering how much possesion we had and I hope this is a wake-up call for all Rangers players that we won't walk the league by 20-25 points.

Alright, I am livid here, so maybe that's colouring these words (but I doubt it): JCD should just go. In my mind, just another Sebo - runs all over the place, but I never, ever have the confidence that he will score a goal. Always ends up either falling on his face or blootering the ball to kingdom come. Aye, his pace does create problems, but outside of that...

Im reading all this and words fail me. Shite, nowhere near good enough.

In fact, I would even say St Mirren wanted it more.

Maybe it's time for Walter to let McCoist select the starting line-up,he surely couldn't do any worse.McGregor,Darcheville,and Adam should never have started today. doh

Not a great performance but not our day either. We had a lot of possession, hit the post, had balls cleared off the line, etc - and they scored with their only shot. No need to lynch anybody just yet. ;)

too sensible reply you need to get a grip and start wanting everyone sacked :harhar:

That's the sad thing, Coop. How on earth could we not want this? Septic win matches like this by keeping the gas pedal floored, while we waltz around like a fart in a trance until we're behind and it's too late. We had 2/3 of the posession in this match (at least) and should have put them to the sword. Dire.

Alright, I am livid here, so maybe that's colouring these words (but I doubt it): JCD should just go. In my mind, just another Sebo - runs all over the place, but I never, ever have the confidence that he will score a goal. Always ends up either falling on his face or blootering the ball to kingdom come. Aye, his pace does create problems, but outside of that...

I forgot to mention Darcheville in my previous post but I agree I never think he is going to score. I don't see the point in having him in the team when Miller is doing the same job but scoring goals. I know Boyd isn't the most popular player on here with some people but I'd like to see him get a game ahead of JCD any day.

They had one shot and scored.

When we started playing (too little too late, I know), we hit the post and had two off the line.

On another day, we woulda won. Just no composure today.

Exactly. Just a bad day at the office when nothing seemed to click on the field.

Adam and Darcheville never helped muched but hey ho... it's onto the next game we go.

Terrible decision by walter to bring in mcgregor.

In the poll on here 58% of RM members who voted did so for McShagger.

funnily enough i am not part of that 58%

neither was I, but it just shows how differently everyone looks at the line up, it's hard to fault just one player the whole team were crap today.

Maybe it's time for Walter to let McCoist select the starting line-up,he surely couldn't do any worse.McGregor,Darcheville,and Adam should never have started today. doh

Things is, we should have been able to afford the one blunder by Mac and still have won comfortably. I'm on the same page as you on JCD and Adam, though.

This is exactly the type of performance that loses us the league. St Mirren should have been blown away, it isn't as if they are tired from Europe, or don't have a long break coming up (International week).

An absolute shambles of a team selection, I never want to see Adam start again, or Darcheville, they just are not good enough to start for Rangers against even the bottom team in the SPL. As for McGregor coming back, sack him and get back Alexander.

Performances like that make me furious, players that think they can just stroll through the game because well we're Rangers no bottom team is going to beat us, if they score 1 we will score 2. Fucking shambles, and Smith has to take the brunt for picking a team that anyone in their right mind could see wasn't working by 25 minutes in.

This is exactly the type of performance that loses us the league. St Mirren should have been blown away, it isn't as if they are tired from Europe, or don't have a long break coming up (International week).

An absolute shambles of a team selection, I never want to see Adam start again, or Darcheville, they just are not good enough to start for Rangers against even the bottom team in the SPL. As for McGregor coming back, sack him and get back Alexander.

Performances like that make me furious, players that think they can just stroll through the game because well we're Rangers no bottom team is going to beat us, if they score 1 we will score 2. Fucking shambles, and Smith has to take the brunt for picking a team that anyone in their right mind could see wasn't working by 25 minutes in.

Nail. Head. Hit. (tu)

A huge set back. If we have any aspirations of reclaiming the league then defeats to teams such as St Mirren simply cannot be an option.

Unfortunately I can't see the tims dropping many points this years, so this is a huge huge defeat for us.

What riles me, the tims would not have been beaten by that team today. So why can't we edge these types of games? Aghhh.

Exactly, Velicka, Lafferty, Boyd, Novo, and we play Jean Claude fucking Darcheville. It's absolute garbage, no way would St Mirren not have conceded if Boyd was on the whole game, but he starts two similar players up front and the team gets nothing.

Nail. Head. Hit. (tu)

yes true, even when they have won this season it has been the same last minute scrambles. I would for once like to see them score a few goals in the first half and not have to worry as much about the second half

The warning signs were there early on and the players still didn't up their game. We only started playing after we went a goal down, which (as usual) was far too late.

Team selection was awful, no width and the inclusion of Adam and JCD.

The players need to have a good look at themselves too. They never gave St Mirren any respect and just turned up expecting to win. Some players must find it hard to get themselves motivated when they turn up at a small ground to play a diddy team, and this should NEVER be the case.

Celtic would never have played like that I'm afraid. They go out and destroy teams like St Mirren by 3, 4 or 5 goals. We should be doing the same.