1. 1. If in Jan one has to go should it be

• Ferguson
    • Thomson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who should it be

As much as I rate Thomson......Barry Ferguson he isn't!

I know Thomson has age on his side but he still isn't a patch on a fit Ferguson.

Thomson could be replaced but Ferguson couldn't!

Just my opinion!

Would love both to still be here come January!

I've seen some of the best midfield play from Rangers for a few years recently and that was without Ferguson. Obviously you don't wanna see him go because he's a strong charachter in the dressing room and always tries to pick up the rest of the team but when it comes to playing on the pitch Thomsons proved he could be a great player for us for years to come and would be far more valuable to us.

Lets be realistic ferguson will be going nowhere either will thomson - we dont want to offload these types of players for several reasons

1, its great healthy competition

2, Barry on form is superb

3, Thomson I feel is our younger BF who will be better in next few years future captain for me!!

I would hate to lose either, but if I had to choose it'd be Thommo.

We'd get a lot of money for him, and he's not as influential as Ferguson (even though he only has a few more seasons in the tank). We also have a gritty replacement in the shape of Edu.

It is of course a never never question because nobody is going to pay us £5M for Barry given his age. And he wont leave again, which is an important point.

Thomson I am quite sure would be more than happy to go in January to double his wages and play in the EPL, given that he is not even a Rangers supporter and only has to look out for himself and doesn't have the emotional baggage that a true fan would have.

We also need to sell players for big fees to get money into our debt-ridden club, and adding everything together I cannot see any circumstances that see Thomson being a Rangers player on 1 Feb 2009, unless he is injured.