• Paul Jewell
    • Graeme Souness
    • Michael Laudrup
    • An other (specify)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never going to happen but here goes: Laurent Blanc, Martin Jol, Quique Flores, Valery Gazzayev, Guus Hiddink, Avram Grant, Barry Ferguson :D....unfortunatley Smith will remain in the hotseat and no doubt hand over the reins to the likes of McCoist or Durrant.

Martin Jol or Big Sam Allerdyce. Kept Bolton in a position way above where they deserved to be for years, can work wonders with small change transfers fees and gets the best out of good players who have failed at big clubs.

Yes he was a success at Bolton, but the expectation levels were nowhere near the same as they would be at Ibrox.

Look at his time as Newcastle manager. It's probably considered as a "big job", and it took a matter of weeks for him to be shown up as a poor tactician who plays garbage football.

The Rangers job is too big for Allardyce, just like it would be for Craig Levien, Terry Butcher, Billy Davies, Paul Jewell or Ally McCoist.

Ferguson and his band of merry Scotsmen shit themselves when PLG and Wiertelak instilled their training methods at the club, i'd love us to push the boat right out for "The Butcher of Seville" just to see the look on the their faces after a session with Ramos' fitness man, Marcos Alvarez.

I think if I had to make a shortlist there would be three names on it: Louis Van Gaal, Co Adrianese & Fatih Terim.

They all have bags of experience, and thats something which you need if you are a forign coach coming into this league.

However they also have outstanding footballing minds and would be capbale of taking us to a level of play not seen since the days of Dick Advocaat.

They would cost a fair bit of money, but it would be well worth the investment.

Adriaanse, or "Psycho Co", is a good shout. He is a total lunatic though. His training tactics consist of making the players hunt for easter eggs hidden around the training ground for hours and then there's his favoured pre-season ritual of making the squad run behind his car throughout the country side! :D

Fantastic tactician though and an appointment that i would welcome.

Sadly, i think we all know deep down that it's going to be McCoist.

Stuart McCall the guy has all it takes to be a good manger

I think he does too, as does Gary McAllistair at Leeds.

However I think at this moment in time the job is too big for him.

He needs to do well at Bradford and at least one more club, at a higher level before he can be considered IMO.