• Paul Jewell
    • Graeme Souness
    • Michael Laudrup
    • An other (specify)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's about opinions, but it's hard to take people on the board seriously when Craig Levein is joint second of who we'd like to manage us.

I despair at what fans are willing to accept these days!

I know it's about opinions, but it's hard to take people on the board seriously when Craig Levein is joint second of who we'd like to manage us.

I despair at what fans are willing to accept these days!

I know what you're saying, but he's probably one of the most realistic candidates on that list.

Michael Laudrup? Just started a new job in Russia.

Juande Ramos? Pie in the sky. He's going back to Spain and he's out of our league financially.

David Moyes? Got a spare £15M?

Graeme Souness, Billy Davis and Paul Jewell? Are they really that much better than Levein?

An unfeasable list, but it's been an enjoyable few pages of rumination.

Martin Jol or Big Sam Allerdyce. Kept Bolton in a position way above where they deserved to be for years, can work wonders with small change transfers fees and gets the best out of good players who have failed at big clubs.

Yes he was a success at Bolton, but the expectation levels were nowhere near the same as they would be at Ibrox.

Look at his time as Newcastle manager. It's probably considered as a "big job", and it took a matter of weeks for him to be shown up as a poor tactician who plays garbage football.

The Rangers job is too big for Allardyce, just like it would be for Craig Levien, Terry Butcher, Billy Davies, Paul Jewell or Ally McCoist.

Just like it was too big for Alex Mcleish and Walter Smith.

We couldnt get allardyce imo. It wouldnt attract him

Martin Jol or Big Sam Allerdyce. Kept Bolton in a position way above where they deserved to be for years, can work wonders with small change transfers fees and gets the best out of good players who have failed at big clubs.

Yes he was a success at Bolton, but the expectation levels were nowhere near the same as they would be at Ibrox.

Look at his time as Newcastle manager. It's probably considered as a "big job", and it took a matter of weeks for him to be shown up as a poor tactician who plays garbage football.

The Rangers job is too big for Allardyce, just like it would be for Craig Levien, Terry Butcher, Billy Davies, Paul Jewell or Ally McCoist.

Just like it was too big for Alex Mcleish and Walter Smith.

We couldnt get allardyce imo. It wouldnt attract him

But it was too big Alex McLeish.

The questionable job he did at Newcastle basically destroyed the reputation he spent years building up at Bolton.

So much so that he was in the papers a few weeks ago saying he hasn't been offered any work since leaving Newcastle.

If we offered him the job, he would jump at it.