How much lower can a onetime hero (Butcher) slip?

Tontospal

Butcher's comments about not shaking Maradona's hand and wishing he could spend some time in a locked room with him are surely worth reprimand from the SFA?

They are on a par with Ernie Walker labelling the Uruguyans animals at the 86 World Cup.

Had anyone not employed by the SFA made similar remarks they would have been summoned to some SFA committee and asked to explain their actions.

What sort of an example does this set to kids, when the national assistant won't show the greatest footballer ever the courtesy of welcoming him to Hampden and shaking his hand because of an incident that happened over 20 years ago?

I also have no idea why Butcher, in his role as assistant Scotland manager, feels the need to comment on an incident that all Scots cheered (even those amongst our support who found a preference for all things England after the Mexico WC).

I loved Butcher as a player and as a captain at Rangers and he was as influential on the park as Souness off it in re-awakening the sleeping giant we had become.

That seems an awful long time ago and I cringe when he opens his mouth whilst I am also bewildered at his current position.

Not forgetting the anti-Rangers nonsense he spouts on Setanta.

I can't blame him, if Celtc had ever beating us under those circumstances I'd never forgive or forget. However he's as welcome as a hemorrhoid IMO over his opinions about the Rangers fans and bigotry.

Oi Tel. How would the press love to know what you said after helicopter Sunday to two close friends of mine in the Motherwell squad at the time huh?

Fucking hypocrite! The worse fucking kind!

He didn't mention anything about Michael Owen diving against Argentina and cheating them.

Funny that.

This is the same guy who said it was a dubious penalty when Boyd's legs were hooked against Killie couple of weeks ago. He does now have a personal vendetta against him.

Butcher - GTF ya w4nker.

on a par with Ernie Walker labelling the Uruguyans animals at the 86 World Cup.

Ernie was right (tu)

yes they were animals but there's a certain thing called dignity that one expects from SFA office bearers.

Imagine the outcry if Smith/Bain/Murray came out and said the Hartley, Robson, Brown, VoH etc were animals. They most definitely are IMO but there is no way any Rangers official would get away with making such a comment.

on a par with Ernie Walker labelling the Uruguyans animals at the 86 World Cup.

Ernie was right (tu)

yes they were animals but there's a certain thing called dignity that one expects from SFA office bearers.

Imagine the outcry if Smith/Bain/Murray came out and said the Hartley, Robson, Brown, VoH etc were animals. They most definitely are IMO but there is no way any Rangers official would get away with making such a comment.

You've never seen real footballing animals if you think the likes of Hartley, Brown and the rest qualify. They are mere pussies who would run crying to mama if they came up against the likes of the 86 Uruguayans who, with obvious relish, were out to break legs and end careers with almost every tackle they jumped into. Ernie Walkers comments were only remarkable because they were a massive understatement.

I can't blame him, if Celtc had ever beating us under those circumstances I'd never forgive or forget. However he's as welcome as a hemorrhoid IMO over his opinions about the Rangers fans and bigotry.

Oi Tel. How would the press love to know what you said after helicopter Sunday to two close friends of mine in the Motherwell squad at the time huh?

do tell Jimenez, PM if u need to.

Butcher's comments about not shaking Maradona's hand and wishing he could spend some time in a locked room with him are surely worth reprimand from the SFA?

They are on a par with Ernie Walker labelling the Uruguyans animals at the 86 World Cup.

Had anyone not employed by the SFA made similar remarks they would have been summoned to some SFA committee and asked to explain their actions.

What sort of an example does this set to kids, when the national assistant won't show the greatest footballer ever the courtesy of welcoming him to Hampden and shaking his hand because of an incident that happened over 20 years ago?

I also have no idea why Butcher, in his role as assistant Scotland manager, feels the need to comment on an incident that all Scots cheered (even those amongst our support who found a preference for all things England after the Mexico WC).

I loved Butcher as a player and as a captain at Rangers and he was as influential on the park as Souness off it in re-awakening the sleeping giant we had become.

That seems an awful long time ago and I cringe when he opens his mouth whilst I am also bewildered at his current position.

Not forgetting the anti-Rangers nonsense he spouts on Setanta.

"The greatest footballer ever" is and always was a prat of the highest magnitude. What's more hypocritical - Butcher calling it as it is, or sycophants falling on their knees and genuflecting publicly when they actually feel the very same in private about Primadona?

As for the Uruguayans, Walker was spot on.

What did he say? Was it derogatory towards us? :unsure:

What did he say? Was it derogatory towards us? :unsure:

No. He only does that in public.

i would love to know :ohmy: