D Murray - 20 Years in Charge

nvager

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleeding Rangers dry to get his 50 million share issue back (catering contracts, free advertising for his other companys)

Failed JJB deal

Murray doesn't own Azure, and made no money from it when he did. Azure made losses. Free advertising? He did that before the £50m share issue. If he's trying to get his money back, he's making a very poor job of it.

The JJB deal is a very good one financially.

Azzure is in a relatives name.

Azure is owned by Eliance Events Ltd, which is ultimately owned by a French catering company called Elior, which are nothing to do with Murray or any of his relatives.

How do you know that Elior don't have anything to do with Murray? Murray spends most of his life in France and would be an easy front.

I appreciate that sounds like some sort of conspiracy theory, though.

I have a friend that works for Azure on matchday, filling the kiosks with supplies before kick off - apparently all his supervisors all anwser to someone in Azure that anwsers to Murray.

But again, I dont expect anyone to believe the old "I have a friend" line so you can stick it if you think im trying to bullshit for the sake of it.

Murray out. Bottom line.

Elior is one of the top three contract catering groups in Europe-and number one in France and Spain, it's listed on the Paris stock exchange and has had a turnover of over £1 billion.....but perhaps it's just a front for Murray? :rolleyes:

Bottom line is that you are wrong on this one.

Maybole - if you think im talking in myths then ask someone who has been to one of them assosciation meetings where all the cards get put on the table. I think it's called an assosciation meeting.

Also had it confirmed by someone from Coatbridge who is a friend of Murray. I don't want to name names just incase.

Murray is a proven liar.

I'd agree that Murray is a proven liar but the fact that you are using what he has said as the basis of your points but admit that he is a proven liar kinda destroys your argument. :D

Maybole - if you think im talking in myths then ask someone who has been to one of them assosciation meetings where all the cards get put on the table. I think it's called an assosciation meeting.

Also had it confirmed by someone from Coatbridge who is a friend of Murray. I don't want to name names just incase.

Murray is a proven liar.

I'd agree that Murray is a proven liar but the fact that you are using what he has said as the basis of your points but admit that he is a proven liar kinda destroys your argument. :D

OK. He's a liar some of the time.

Also how can the JJB deal be a good one when were are still owed money from them and if they go bust we wont see a penny of it?

What money are we owed? Where does it appear in the accounts?

Wasn't it suggested by people at the AGM that Murray was alarmed at JJB's downfall and the prospect of them going bust beacuse they still have installments to make.

Not sure. Also don't know if it would now have been paid. However I still stand by the fact that the deal is good financially, as has been highlighted by Youllneverwinaway.

SDM's achievments far outnumber his negatives. He is a loyal,dignified man who for the most part has done his best for the club. His heart has ruled his head at times but that is, i believe a result of a true passion for this club. We will all realise what we had when he does leave. I also believe he wouldn't be looking to walk if not for all the negativity directed at him.

Look how succesful his business empire is. Why would he choose not to give 100% in running the club?

Look around and see whats happening inot just in football but the whole business world. I dread to think who we could have running our club one day.

Interview on sportsound tomorrow between 7 and 8

apparently quite an explosive one

Could you do me a favour mate and if your on at around 7 tommorow post a thread about the fact that this interview is on sportsound. I want to listen to it but have a terrible memory.

Rumour is he gets stuck into Celtic.......

Could just be BBC plugging it for listeners mind you (tu)

Internet Bear bigots will get it first, thanks for coming Davie now fcuk off !

:sherlock:

Murray is a proven liar.

OK. He's a liar some of the time.

:D:D

Could you do me a favour mate and if your on at around 7 tommorow post a thread about the fact that this interview is on sportsound. I want to listen to it but have a terrible memory.

Will do. Will start a thread maybe if there isn't already one tomorrow

Will do. Will start a thread maybe if there isn't already one tomorrow

Thanks mate.

There is too many people out there who just want to jump on the bandwagon and blame him for everything.

Eh? You said he had dragged our club into the gutter. You blamed him for everything!

I dont blame Murray for EVERYTHING you wolly.

Everything I listed I blame Murray for but there's other things that Murray isn't to blame for that's dragged our club down a few levels.

There is too many people out there who just want to jump on the bandwagon and blame him for everything.

Eh? You said he had dragged our club into the gutter. You blamed him for everything!

Everything I listed I blame Murray for but there's other things that Murray isn't to blame for that's dragged our club down a few levels.

JG: I've seen less back-tracking on a back-tracking expedition.

But, I understand the frustrations and appreciate your passion for the cause - even if we don't agree.

:rangers:

JG: I've seen less back-tracking on a back-tracking expedition.

But, I understand the frustrations and appreciate your passion for the cause - even if we don't agree.

:rangers:

How am I backtracking?

How the hell can Murray be blamed for Walter Smith playing one up front last season?

How can Murray be blamed for poor refs that cost us points? points make prizes

How can Murray be blamed for fans like Boab who grass in other fans?

How can Murray be blamed for McLeish leading us to 10 games without a win October/Nov 2005/2006 season?

How can Murray be blamed for Police discrimination at times?

So c'mon it's time you done a bit of back tracking and realise that I never once said Murray can be blamed for everything!!

SDM's achievments far outnumber his negatives. He is a loyal,dignified man who for the most part has done his best for the club. His heart has ruled his head at times but that is, i believe a result of a true passion for this club. We will all realise what we had when he does leave. I also believe he wouldn't be looking to walk if not for all the negativity directed at him.

Look how succesful his business empire is. Why would he choose not to give 100% in running the club?

Look around and see whats happening inot just in football but the whole business world. I dread to think who we could have running our club one day.

This perspective is similar to my own. I see myself as a "moderate" in most things in life, and on Murray's stewardship, this also applies.

Like all men, Murray has his strengths and weaknesses. Examples of his strengths are that he is a great businessman, great speaker, great influencer, has an extremely tough/strong character, is progressive, is a "big thinker", was willing to underwrite the £50m share issue, is massively loyal to those in his organisation, is willing to take the occaisional risk, and made significant funds available to Smith. Some examples of some weaknesses could be that he allowed some disastrous over-spend, perhaps allowed some special interest groups with a persuasion from "the other side of the city" to brow-beat the club on a few occaisions, perhaps did not back PLG to-the-hilt (over the interests of some players) to ensure the "PLG project" was a complete success (in my opinion of course -- there could have been a lot more to this than we will ever know).

Over the piece, he has my respect -- being the Chairman of RFC is not easy. Moreover, I don't like to see the man criticised with mindless insults as he is on some message-boards.

It has been tough coming back from the over-spend years -- it has taken many of us a lot of time to re-adjust. Soon, it is my hope that Rangers will regain pre-eminence in winning the league and qualifying for Europe. This, and using the PR firm to manage the club's reputation (when under attack) will go a long way to strengthening the position of the club.

Congratulations on reaching 20years.

IMO 5 years to long.

10 for me. With the benefit of hindsight, once 9iar was out of the way any progress has been cosmetic at best and he would have a far greater legacy had he left then, with the club's finances in good nick and the team on a high. Indeed if you look at where we were 20 years ago and where we are now, how much have we progressed in that time? We've won a fair few leagues and cups but only two good years in europe in all that time. Apart from that there are some changes to the stadium (corners filled in, club deck, Bar 72, capacity increased by around 7,000) and the addition of Auchenhowie. We have lost the Edmiston Club and the ticket office and we are financially worse off than in '88. We have capitulated to Nonentities at Uefa, the scottish mhedia, the SFA and the SPHell.

Where we once set the standards and took no shit from anyone, now we are run by people who seem happy to accept 2nd best, are ashamed of our heritage and would rather do the mhedia's work for them by attacking the Loyal fanbase. Where we once had a CEO in Campbell Ogilvie, who came up with the idea for the Champions League, now we have a former bar manager and failed male model.

In some ways we are a more modern club than 20 years ago but in others we have badly regressed. Back then we had a manager who revolutionised Scottish football, perhaps even British football. Now we have a football dinosaur who is either unwilling or unable (or both) to make changes that even the fans in the stand can see need to be made. He also has no faith in the youth players, who are among the best we've had for a long long time. Worst of all he is Murray's pal and is virtually bombproof, no matter our form. Dangerous, considering how crucial it is that we win the league this year.

We've had a lot of good times under Murray, in the first decade of his reign anyway. Back then we had many (domestic) successes and a lot of legends to revere, as well as a shit load of overpaid duds, but the last ten years have been dominated by failure, mediocrity, capitulation and, in my opinion, downright dishonesty. There is now a Grand Canyon sized chasm between the club and it's fanbase and little evidence of any effort on the part of the club to heal it. Indeed, why should they, as long as the fanbase blindly continue to pump their money into a club run by a lame duck with no new money and no new ideas to bring in new money?

Sorry for the negativity of this post but surely most on here can see it's only mediocrity from now until Murray leaves.

IMO 5 years to long.

10 for me. With the benefit of hindsight, once 9iar was out of the way any progress has been cosmetic at best and he would have a far greater legacy had he left then, with the club's finances in good nick and the team on a high. Indeed if you look at where we were 20 years ago and where we are now, how much have we progressed in that time? We've won a fair few leagues and cups but only two good years in europe in all that time. Apart from that there are some changes to the stadium (corners filled in, club deck, Bar 72, capacity increased by around 7,000) and the addition of Auchenhowie. We have lost the Edmiston Club and the ticket office and we are financially worse off than in '88. We have capitulated to Nonentities at Uefa, the scottish mhedia, the SFA and the SPHell.

Where we once set the standards and took no shit from anyone, now we are run by people who seem happy to accept 2nd best, are ashamed of our heritage and would rather do the mhedia's work for them by attacking the Loyal fanbase. Where we once had a CEO in Campbell Ogilvie, who came up with the idea for the Champions League, now we have a former bar manager and failed male model.

In some ways we are a more modern club than 20 years ago but in others we have badly regressed. Back then we had a manager who revolutionised Scottish football, perhaps even British football. Now we have a football dinosaur who is either unwilling or unable (or both) to make changes that even the fans in the stand can see need to be made. He also has no faith in the youth players, who are among the best we've had for a long long time. Worst of all he is Murray's pal and is virtually bombproof, no matter our form. Dangerous, considering how crucial it is that we win the league this year.

We've had a lot of good times under Murray, in the first decade of his reign anyway. Back then we had many (domestic) successes and a lot of legends to revere, as well as a shit load of overpaid duds, but the last ten years have been dominated by failure, mediocrity, capitulation and, in my opinion, downright dishonesty. There is now a Grand Canyon sized chasm between the club and it's fanbase and little evidence of any effort on the part of the club to heal it. Indeed, why should they, as long as the fanbase blindly continue to pump their money into a club run by a lame duck with no new money and no new ideas to bring in new money?

Sorry for the negativity of this post but surely most on here can see it's only mediocrity from now until Murray leaves.

No your spot on (tu)

IMO 5 years to long.

welcome to the board and good post. (tu)

IMO 5 years to long.

One of the best posts I've read on here.

IMO 5 years to long.

One of the best posts I've read on here.

Came up with 30m or so for Walter these past two seasons who made a mess of spending about half of it.

I blame Walter more than Murray.