What Planet is Darryl Broadfoot On?

savenosouls

Extract from today's match report in The Herald - What Planet is Darryl Broadfoot On? (or perhaps substance)

"McCulloch's career has been interrupted by a long-standing back complaint that affected his ability to train with any intensity and, consequently, diminished his effectiveness as a mobile, attacking midfielder. He signed-up for an experiment last attempted with Mark Hateley; one which achieved less promising results. He has yet to be fully extended, but he already looks a natural destructive force beside David Weir.

He rarely lost a header in confrontation with Lee Miller and has retained sufficient mobility to mop-up behind his senior partner. More importantly, he demonstrated an unteachable ability to anticipate Aberdeen's next attacking move. It enabled him to sweep aside Aluko on the frequent occasions the Englishman nipped through Rangers' central belt."

He must have been watching a different game from me!!!!

full article here:-

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines..._0_Aberdeen.php

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Extract from today's match report in The Herald - What Planet is Darryl Broadfoot On? (or perhaps substance)

"McCulloch's career has been interrupted by a long-standing back complaint that affected his ability to train with any intensity and, consequently, diminished his effectiveness as a mobile, attacking midfielder. He signed-up for an experiment last attempted with Mark Hateley; one which achieved less promising results. He has yet to be fully extended, but he already looks a natural destructive force beside David Weir.

He rarely lost a header in confrontation with Lee Miller and has retained sufficient mobility to mop-up behind his senior partner. More importantly, he demonstrated an unteachable ability to anticipate Aberdeen's next attacking move. It enabled him to sweep aside Aluko on the frequent occasions the Englishman nipped through Rangers' central belt."

MOTM in the Daily Record as well - I was there on Sat and thought he had a good game but am reserving judgement until he has a sterner test (or 20).

I thought he done quite well on Saturday as well. One or 2 hesitant moments which is only to be expected playing a new position but there were at least 2 or 3 occassions where his tracking of Aluko snubbed out a break.

I would still rather give youth a chance and i still want him to go but it doesnt prevent me from holding my hands up on a good performance. (tu)

Or isnt blinded by a personal view of the player, as many on here seem to be, usually for really bizarre reasons (barrys mate and all that).

Simple facts are, he played well, and, we kept a clean sheet. In that scenario its hard to fault any of the defence.

I dont have a problem if he keeps it up, and, is beside Majic there, rather than the youngster Weir. The pair of them are more likely to play the ball out of defence rather than lump it, which, unless I am mistaken, is a good thing given our midfield

Or isnt blinded by a personal view of the player, as many on here seem to be, usually for really bizarre reasons (barrys mate and all that).

Simple facts are, he played well, and, we kept a clean sheet. In that scenario its hard to fault any of the defence.

I dont have a problem if he keeps it up, and, is beside Majic there, rather than the youngster Weir. The pair of them are more likely to play the ball out of defence rather than lump it, which, unless I am mistaken, is a good thing given our midfield

Well said

He had a good game for sure, but he does not look to me to be a proper CH and unfortunately I think he would be taught a cruel lesson if up against a decent side.

What you must remember when reading articles about McCulloch in the papers is that he is the media darling when it comes to getting stories out of Rangers.

He had a good game for sure, but he does not look to me to be a proper CH and unfortunately I think he would be taught a cruel lesson if up against a decent side.

What you must remember when reading articles about McCulloch in the papers is that he is the media darling when it comes to getting stories out of Rangers.

Apart from celtic, are aberdeen and hearts not our most difficult games? :P

I dont think he looks a proper centre half yet, then again, 12 months ago, broadfoot didnt look like a footballer, so, maybe too early to tell

Thats interesting, and, thinking about it, we (collective we), seem to have a personal grudge against any of our players who actually have to give the interviews. I hadnt realised that until now, but, the players generally interviewed are

McCulloch

Adam

Ferguson

Broadfoot

Miller

Boyd

Although the latter 2 are getting some slack recently to be fair.

I dont think he looks a proper centre half yet, then again, 12 months ago, broadfoot didnt look like a footballer, so, maybe too early to tell

Thats interesting, and, thinking about it, we (collective we), seem to have a personal grudge against any of our players who actually have to give the interviews. I hadnt realised that until now, but, the players generally interviewed are

McCulloch

Adam

Ferguson

Broadfoot

Miller

Boyd

Yeah, interviews are the reason why McCulloch, Broadfoot, Adam and (pre Burely) Boyd get/got so much stick on here.

I and a few people sitting around me on Saturday thought that McCulloch was probably our best player. Mendes who got the sponsors MOTM award I thought was fairly quiet by his usual high standards.

McCulloch

Adam

Ferguson

Broadfoot

Miller

Boyd

Yeah, interviews are the reason why McCulloch, Broadfoot, Adam and (pre Burely) Boyd get/got so much stick on here.

haha, I didnt say it was the reason, just a strange co-incidence

MOTM in the Daily Record as well - I was there on Sat and thought he had a good game but am reserving judgement until he has a sterner test (or 20).

Me too (tu) i thought he was very decent on saturday and certainly far more effective than when he's played elsewhere on the park. Hopefully WS will have the balls to play him alongside Bougherra if he carries on in this vein of form.

I don't think some people will ever give McCulloch praise if he has a good game.

(tu) Spot on.

People are too blinded by his past performances, thats not to say I wouldnt rather have a natural centre half in there but hes not doing a bad job.

You could but I'm just waiting for McCulloch to come for a header and miss the ball completely, or give away a stupid foul like he does, or dive in and hack someone down in the box.

I feel slightly more comfortable with someone like Broadfoot, Whittaker, Weir, Papac, Bougherra....or a proper defender in there.