**Scottish Cup date moved for TV**

Muff

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im friendly with a guy who is very good pals with Geoff Brown(ST.J Chairman).

We often talk about ST.J & how he has been offered a place on their board(turned them all down so far due to business).

They have a thriving youth setup & include training sessions with the 1st team very early on.

They did not WANT promotion to SPL the last few years-as they didnt have the players/funds to compete & I was told by "Davie" that 2008/09 was their season & to have a wee bet on them winning Div 1 as their better younger players would be ready-and so it seems.

They have an emphasis very much on playing the ball on the deck & teach their youngsters technique first & foremost.

I have been up watching them train & the pace they play the ball in 5/7 a sides is very impressive.

Derel McInnes is doing a great job & the Perth side are taking around 2000 fans to away games.

There is a real buzz about the team & City just now.

Report over...................

We need to be very careful with this team-They have knocked us out at Ibrox before & should have done us last season too.

It worries me that BF will be strolling around the park thinking this will be a canter-but they are young & aggressive & play the ball quickly up to pacy players.

I try & catch highlights of their games as often as I can as I do have a wee soft spot for them.

One of the worst draws we could have got.

I wonder if we get put out-PLG's job was hanging by a thread after they put us out before-How will SDM react to WS.

This tie could go either way with the way we are playing just now.

It will be the usual struggle, we will play at walking pace, lump high balls straight to the central defenders, no subs until too late and then panic and put even more high balls to their central defence.

Our hope is that our defence will concentrate and get us a replay.

Then again maybe things will have changed and our players will be up to the struggle and will have been instructed to change the usual away tactics and pass the ball to our own players,on the ground and with pace and movement.

Getting too excited now, better sit until reality sets in again.

Guest The Brown Brogue

After the way we struggled at Partick this season we should be taking nothing for granted. This is going to be a very tough cup tie.

It's absolutely shocking that we don't have the confidence in our team to go to places like McDiarmid Park and come away with a win.

Our manager and players need to have a good hard look at themselves.

***UPDATE***

RANGERS' Homecoming Scottish Cup fourth round tie with St Johnstone will now take place on Tuesday 13 January.

The game at McDiarmid Park has been moved from Saturday 10 January for television purposes, with BBC Scotland broadcasting the game live.

Kick-off in Perth against Derek McInnes' team will be at 8.05pm, with any potential replay date still to be announced by the SFA.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1474572,00.html

***UPDATE***

RANGERS' Homecoming Scottish Cup fourth round tie with St Johnstone will now take place on Tuesday 13 January.

The game at McDiarmid Park has been moved from Saturday 10 January for television purposes, with BBC Scotland broadcasting the game live.

Kick-off in Perth against Derek McInnes' team will be at 8.05pm, with any potential replay date still to be announced by the SFA.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1474572,00.html

thats just cost st johnstone my ticket money i aint goin up there on a tuesday for the fecking telly yet again

why is sky not taking the edinburgh derby

Cup games should be on a Saturday at 3pm - infact every game should be like that.

TV is ruining football.

We now have 6 games in January including trips to Hampden, Perth, Inverness and Pittodrie.

Cup games should be on a Saturday at 3pm - infact every game should be like that.

TV is ruining football.

We now have 6 games in January including trips to Hampden, Perth, Inverness and Pittodrie.

if this game was on a saturday it could have sold out now its tuesday night some folk will decide its better to stay at home or go to the pub and have a few beers