PLG speaks fondly of his time at Rangers'

Ibroxblue

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it never worked out but give him his due he could have hung about for compensation he was happy to just to leave so for that we should be grateful

I agree.

he was man enough to stand up and walk away when he knew it wasn't working when he could have hung on and dug us into a deeper hole, or mabe even dug us out of it??

It was a learning curve for him, us and the club.

I wish him all the best.

That cunt should be nowere near Ibrox tbo, if it was up to me every image of him in Ibrox wouldve been erased when he departed, A stain on our proud clubs history.

It still fills me with anger when i remember how made a laughing stock of our club.

:angry2:

That cunt should be nowere near Ibrox tbo, if it was up to me every image of him in Ibrox wouldve been erased when he departed, A stain on our proud clubs history.

It still fills me with anger when i remember how made a laughing stock of our club.

Were even more of a laughing stock now!

Increased debt, Out of Europe before it began and still 2nd place in the league :mad:

I wonder when Walter will do the right thing and Step down.

Well at least Walter has came in and changed things for the better

The mighty Rangers are back!

it never worked out but give him his due he could have hung about for compensation he was happy to just to leave so for that we should be grateful

I agree.

he was man enough to stand up and walk away when he knew it wasn't working when he could have hung on and dug us into a deeper hole, or mabe even dug us out of it??

I wish him all the best.

You're right, he could have gone to the press and ripped Rangers and Murray for what happened, but he's been classy about it, and I hope he has success at PSG because I still think he is a good manager, it was just bad timing with Rangers.

Ach fucking rubbish from the doom and gloom merchants again, i know not all is rosey at the club just now and Wattie nd Fergie isny flavour of the month but i would take Smith over PLG any fuckin day.

Ach same old pish from the PLG haters

Ach fucking rubbish from the doom and gloom merchants again, i know not all is rosey at the club just now and Wattie nd Fergie isny flavour of the month but i would take Smith over PLG any fuckin day.

WOW!

I'm shocked we have a breakthrough :rangers:

Go and have a look at my thread on the hearts game and you will see my thoughts on Smith and Ferguson and they are probably on the same track as yours but i dont feel the need to rant about it every fucking two minutes or after bad every result.

What ever happened to the No Surrender attitude ?

If you think we are worse off right now than we were under Paul Le Gone then ye really are deluded <cr>

I agree.

I wish him all the best.

You're right, he could have gone to the press and ripped Rangers and Murray for what happened, but he's been classy about it, and I hope he has success at PSG because I still think he is a good manager, it was just bad timing with Rangers.

I was over the moon when it came out that we had got him and i bet most of the others on here were too although now they will say "nah i knew he would be pish"

The fact is he was wanted by many BIGGER clubs than Rangers, Real madrid included but chose us because he saw something in us, that is something we must keep in mind, this was the best young manager in Europe at the time, and he came to us. It didn't work. Shit happens and is was/is a tough time and hard to take.

As you say he's been a class act since he left as he would have been hurting more than any of us as his pride would have been devistated and he lost a lot of his great reputation. I hope he gets that back and i hope we can all forgive the bloke and wish him well.

I was watching some of the Le Guen/Rangers fans videos on youtube the other day and they were pretty embarrassing.

I wanted Le Guen out at the time but when I look back on it now I reckon he should have been given a bit longer. Especially when we see the sort of money Walter Smith has been given.

I bet the guy and fans who said ' without Barry Ferguson there is no Rangers' feel like a right prick now. He's been finished for years.

Le Guen was right and had he still been here the likes of Ferguson and Boyd might not have been at the club.

I was watching some of the Le Guen/Rangers fans videos on youtube the other day and they were pretty embarrassing.

I wanted Le Guen out at the time but when I look back on it now I reckon he should have been given a bit longer. Especially when we see the sort of money Walter Smith has been given.

I bet the guy and fans who said ' without Barry Ferguson there is no Rangers' feel like a right prick now. He's been finished for years.

Le Guen was right and had he still been here the likes of Ferguson and Boyd might not have been at the club.

we'll never know unfortunantly.

A lot of the fault is ours, the Rangers fans as we want success NOW, he didn't have the time or the backing to settle in and build his empire, we are an impatient lot and are too spolied with success over the years. Who knows where we would be right now if he was still here???

WOW!

I'm shocked we have a breakthrough :rangers:

Go and have a look at my thread on the hearts game and you will see my thoughts on Smith and Ferguson and they are on the same track as yours but i dont feel the need to rant about it every fucking two minutes or after bad every result.

What ever happened to the No Surrender attitude ?

If you think we are worse off right now than we were under Paul Le Gone then ye really are deluded <cr>

We've Surrendered it, when we continue to put up with this pish.

Really.... are we really any better off, on and off the park?!

Were still playing 2nd fiddle in a 2horse title race, only we have spent a fortune getting to these dizzy heights under Walter <cr>

As for your thread on the Hearts game i must have missed it, but if your on the same track fingers crossed we might just get that NO SURRENDER spirit back at the Club :rangers:

When he first joined he set out to play attacking, pretty football. It looked good early on...........but we all know how it ended. I was pretty gutted at the time but who knows what may have happened had we kept him for another season.

Maybe more Sebo's!!! Maybe some superb players............

Not much point worrying about it now i suppose

A lot of the fault is ours, the Rangers fans as we want success NOW, he didn't have the time or the backing to settle in and build his empire, we are an impatient lot and are too spolied with success over the years. Who knows where we would be right now if he was still here???

Totally agree. I wanted him out. A lot of the things he did I din't like and it could have been totally different had everyone gone about their way differently.

But like you said, unfortunatley we'll never know.

I just wonder how he'd have spent the £35m Walter Smith has had?

When he first joined he set out to play attacking, pretty football. It looked good early on...........but we all know how it ended. I was pretty gutted at the time but who knows what may have happened had we kept him for another season.

Young players are unpredictable

Smith, Hutton, Bardsley, Martin, Adam, Svensson and Clement looked good in some games, but failed to produce over a sustained period.

With some careful, more experienced additions and patience ...... Maybe we would be looking at a better Rangers team both on and off the park.

Whats the worse that could have happened? 2nd place for the last 3 years? Out of Europe before the Schools go back? Wasting £30 million on dross?

It would have been interesting to see what PLG would do if given the same money Walter has had. Elmander instead of Sebo? Skrtel instead of Svennson? Of course all those discussions are elementary now, and our demand for immediate success ensured that PLG had to get it right quick or his head would be on a chopping block.

To be fair to the man he did try at 1st to get good players but they wouldnt come e.g Elmander.

Never forgive the Tims,for spitting on the man when he went to watch one of their games,what a introduction to the east end that was,manky scum.

Young players are unpredictable

Smith, Hutton, Bardsley, Martin, Adam, Svensson and Clement looked good in some games, but failed to produce over a sustained period.

With some careful, more experienced additions and patience ...... Maybe we would be looking at a better Rangers team both on and off the park.

Whats the worse that could have happened? 2nd place for the last 3 years? Out of Europe before the Schools go back? Wasting £30 million on dross?

Going out of the League Cup against First Division opposition? Losing back-to-back matches against Inverness? Wasting nearly £2m on a "striker" who had no technical skills whatsoever?