News of the world today

Scott-RFC

Anyone got a copy that could post the absolutely ridiculous player ratings?

Off the top of my head Steve Davis got a 6, McCarthur 7

The Hamilton goalie got better than McGregor, and an equal rating to Davis, despite conceding 7

Bougherra got the same rating , a 5, as the Hamilton player who got sent off and gave away a pen

Man for man the ratings were pretty identical for the 2 sides

Wonder if the clown Kenny Mcdonald actually saw the game, or is hes just a bitter T***

McGregor: 5

Whittaker: 6

Weir: 6

Bougherra: 5

Papac: 6

Davis: 6

Mendes: 6

Ferguson: 6

Beasley: 6

Miller: 7

Boyd: 8

Novo: 5

Lafferty: 4

Aaron: 4

Cerny: 6

Swailes: 6

Canning: 5

McLaughlin: 6

McClenahan: 6

Mensing: 6

Neil: 6

McArrthur: 7

Easton: 6

McCarthy: 6

Thomas: 6

Graham: 5

Gibson: 5

Lyle: 5

Completely ridiculous.

I read it just now and was about to post. Unbelievable. I dont know how a team that wins by 7-1 can get the same grades as the losing team! Fair enough if we did deserve an average of 6, but for that to be true HA would have to average -8!

I thought that paper stopped all that pish after McNee fcked off. Obviously not.

I remember Hugh Taylor used to write his match report while he was getting pished in the STV bar in cowcaddens in the 70s, would send a junior reporter to the game & get him to phone him at the pub and he would claim the report was his.

Witnessed it a few times myself.

The Hamilton goalie got better than McGregor, and an equal rating to Davis, despite conceding 7

Bougherra got the same rating , a 5, as the Hamilton player who got sent off and gave away a pen

Wonder if the clown Kenny Mcdonald actually saw the game, or is hes just a bitter T***

I have not read the News of the Screws report, therefore the players' ratings remain a mystery to me too. I can say with a quite considerable degree of certainty that Kenny McDonald is a BIG BIG Motherwell supporter.

What exactly did McGregor do to get a higher rating than the Hamilton goalie? Made a dreadful mistake to concede a goal and then had nothing to do for the rest of the game. At least the Hamilton goalkeeper made a couple of saves.

Agree about the other ratings, though - a 5 for Bougherra?

What exactly did McGregor do to get a higher rating than the Hamilton goalie? Made a dreadful mistake to concede a goal and then had nothing to do for the rest of the game. At least the Hamilton goalkeeper made a couple of saves.

Haven't seen the blooper yet, but I'm hoping it was just because it was so early in the game?!?

As for the ratings...they're just plain daft. I'm sure the NOTW actually gave Celtic a higher rating after we'd pumped them 4-2!

Oh, wait...isn't that what they're supposed to do now? <cr>

Not concede 7 goals?

Dont buy papers anymore. Whilst on flight to Villareal game a couple of years ago i was enlightened to the fact that the top 6 daily papers in Scotland are edited by RC,s. Need i say more

Dont buy papers anymore. Whilst on flight to Villareal game a couple of years ago i was enlightened to the fact that the top 6 daily papers in Scotland are edited by RC,s. Need i say more

That's complete and utter shite btw.