Charlie Adam - I don't want to leave

Muff

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Brown Brogue
I dont think he is the best, but, he has attributes, and, one particular important one is, he isnt old, and, doesnt actually cost us much in wages. so, selling, Hemdani for example, would be far better business from the clubs perspective

You can't seriously think the fact that 'he isn't old' is good enough reason to hold onto him?

Plus I'd bet he's on around 10 grand a week, far too much for a player of his limited ability, and the real reason he's not at the mid table SPL team he should be plying his trade at.

I dont think he is the best, but, he has attributes, and, one particular important one is, he isnt old, and, doesnt actually cost us much in wages. so, selling, Hemdani for example, would be far better business from the clubs perspective

You can't seriously think the fact that 'he isn't old' is good enough reason to hold onto him?

Plus I'd bet he's on around 10 grand a week, far too much for a player of his limited ability, and the real reason he's not at the mid table SPL team he should be plying his trade at.

:P I didnt say hold on to him, I said, we should sell others first matey haha. Reason being, if you have 2 players, for example, both not playing/good enough etc, and, you are getting rid, you get rid of the one that costs you the most first

There is more chance of getting a few hundred thousand for Adam than there is for Hemdani - he's out of contract in the summer and I'm sure we were prepared to let him go for free?

I rate Hemdani but it's time for him to move on, he can take Charlie Adam with him.

I think I'm alone when I say that I think we'd actually get a decent fee for him.

He's murder, but in the typically rugged and direct Championship I suspect that there would be quite a few clubs willing to pay a decent enough fee for him.

He has quite a bit of experience and can play in quite a few positions too.

CHARLIE ADAM has denied he is set to quit Rangers in the January transfer window.

The Ibrox midfielder has been linked with a move south after failing to hold down a regular place in Walter Smith's side this season.

Adam has made just eight first-team appearances so far this term but while a move elsewhere might be on the cards, the midfielder has insisted that he willing to fight for his place at Ibrox.

And he has brushed off the speculation linking him with a move away from the club.

"That's just newspapers for you," he shrugged. "It's just part and parcel of football. I've probably not played as much as everybody would have expected me to this season so my name would be mentioned.

"But I'm fine, I'm happy here. It's a great club to be at it.

"It's only newspaper rumours. Until anything becomes concrete then I am happy here. I am learning here every day with the players, the coaching staff and the most important thing is that you put into practice in games what you learn on the training pitch.

"I have been in and out of the side but I won't complain, I'll just keep working hard and hope than opportunity will come up and I can get involved and get a run in the team.

With the gap at the top of the table narrowed to four points, the Old Firm game two days after Christmas is loaded with significance.

The result at Easter Road yesterday afternoon shows just how easy it is for a lead to be squandered although Adam knows that putting together a decent run of wins is vital if Rangers are to be title contenders.

"There is always pressure here," he said. "We are under a bit more pressure now because of the gap and the Old Firm game is shaping up to be a big one. But I think our aim now is to win every game between now and the end of the season."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2473784.0.0.php

Who exactly has he been linked with - Northwich Victoria?

I can't wait for the day he leaves Ibrox, hopefully it does happen in January!

I stuck by the boy (he does have a lot of football skills) but now I figure It may be a good time to pull the plug on him. :(

he might not want to leave but just about every rangers fan wants him to. I know there are some players at rangers who are not the most talented in the world like broadfoot and novo but they make up for it in effort and both have improved since they came to the club. Charlie adam has not improved at all since that season he scored 14. If anything hes went backward and that is just not acceptable to me. Your time is up charlie.

'Charlie Adam - I don't want to leave' - I want you to f*ck off!

Arsehole. Doesn't have the morals, manners, dedication or integrity to pull on that shirt.

Not that good a player either.

I think I'm alone when I say that I think we'd actually get a decent fee for him.

He's murder, but in the typically rugged and direct Championship I suspect that there would be quite a few clubs willing to pay a decent enough fee for him.

He has quite a bit of experience and can play in quite a few positions too.

No you are not alone. I agree that he's terrible, but his scoring record isn't that bad and you could put together a decent clip reel for him, I suspect. Plus he is left footed which makes him more attractive (not in the looks department, obviously)

500,000? 1M?

No point in paying this guys wages anymore he playes well maybe 5 games a season - not good enough.

If possible we should punt him in January. Maybe St Mirren? Been on loan there, done well and they will have a bit of cash in January. Mon the buddies take Adam!

Just an average player trying to punch above his weight :)

Didn't know there was a weight above super duper heavyweight. :craphead:

when he's on the bench he needs two recaro's for his fat arse. charlie get to f***