Ian McMillan

For the oldies out there, does any of you remember there being more than 1 Ian McMillan(alternative spelling possible). The only one i have details or any recollection of is the McMillan that came from Airdrie and played in the late 50's early 60's.

My kids tell me he appeared in the Scottish Sun on the 4th December but I cant find anything online.

Any help would be appreciated. (tu)

For the oldies out there, does any of you remember there being more than 1 Ian McMillan(alternative spelling possible). The only one i have details or any recollection of is the McMillan that came from Airdrie and played in the late 50's early 60's.

My kids tell me he appeared in the Scottish Sun on the 4th December but I cant find anything online.

There was an R. McMillan in the 1920-21 squad a McMillan and a MacMillan in the 1954 squad, first names not mentioned. Ian McMillan was signed from Airdrie for £10,000 on 2nd October 1958. :sherlock:

There was an R. McMillan in the 1920-21 squad a McMillan and a MacMillan in the 1954 squad, first names not mentioned. Ian McMillan was signed from Airdrie for £10,000 on 2nd October 1958. :sherlock:

The kids are away to school to tackle the lying basturt. There isnt a hope in hells chance their janny is 77 :lol:

According to Ferrier and McElroy's Book, "Player by Player" H. McMillan was a player 1953-1956, eight appearances, two goals.

Ian McMillan was one of the best footballers I have ever seen. For the youngsters among us, think Moravzcic with added ability but without the nasty bits. With his back to the goal he was attacking he could, all in one movement, claw the ball out of the air from one of Harry Davis's lumped clearances, pivot away from his marker and send the winger (Scott/Henderson) a slide rule pass that left the full back floundering. A cross into the box. Jimmy Millar nods it down to Ralphie Brand and - crack - into the corner of the net. And just in case Ralphie misses, Davie Wilson's ready to pounce on the left.

Magic stuff orchestrated by the Wee Prime Minister. His like again we shall not see.

hmmmm - the kids went to school today and he said its defo him and that he is 77 years old.

1) Ive seen their janny and he certainly doesnt look 77 but i suppose the football could have helped.

2) Can you still work as a janny at the age of 77?

Ach - no fecking way its him. He must be ripping the piss out ma kids.

:angry2:

Bet you saw all them play as well BD!