Fabio Silva

Very good attacking player. Would like to see him supporting a better striker. I think, like Sima, he’s enjoying being here and feeling valued after falling short in the EPL. Next to zero chance we sign him permanently but, if things fall into place, I could see him back here for a 12 month loan next season. 

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

Very good attacking player. Would like to see him supporting a better striker. I think, like Sima, he’s enjoying being here and feeling valued after falling short in the EPL. Next to zero chance we sign him permanently but, if things fall into place, I could see him back here for a 12 month loan next season. 

Why? I’ve no idea why people think wolves would want to keep loaning a player out that they could sell on just because our fanbase likes him :lol:

Would you want the likes of Lammers just loaned out again to Utrecht even if another club offered close to what we paid for him?

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Why? I’ve no idea why people think wolves would want to keep loaning a player out that they could sell on just because our fanbase likes him :lol:

Would you want the likes of Lammers just loaned out again to Utrecht even if another club offered close to what we paid for him?

get it done rangers 

34 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

With FFP, teams will want to sell too. Especially EPL teams. 

There is next to no chance him being here next season. 

32 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Firstly: nice job taking the piss out of something that nobody (except you) has actually said. Very impressive. 

Secondly: he's been out on loan continuously since summer 2022. It's pretty obvious they overpaid for him, don't feel he's ready for the EPL, and are sending him out to big clubs in lesser leagues to create demand for him or develop him so he's ready to be part of their squad. Do you really think it's that unreasonable he goes out on loan again next season? Or do you think 5-6 fairly good months in the SPL means Wolves can now get the permanent fee they're hoping for, but clearly haven't been able to get over four windows? 

Given the price tag associated with him, there is no way him or Sima is staying at Rangers. Rangers should not be paying more than £6 or £7m for a player and at that, he needs to be our star player. It's not our model, we can't afford it.

19 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Firstly: nice job taking the piss out of something that nobody (except you) has actually said. Very impressive. 

Secondly: he's been out on loan continuously since summer 2022. It's pretty obvious they overpaid for him, don't feel he's ready for the EPL, and are sending him out to big clubs in lesser leagues to create demand for him or develop him so he's ready to be part of their squad. Do you really think it's that unreasonable he goes out on loan again next season? Or do you think 5-6 fairly good months in the SPL means Wolves can now get the permanent fee they're hoping for, but clearly haven't been able to get over four windows? 

Firstly: Calm down, you seem angry

Secondly: Yes I think Wolves will look to sell him on this summer if possible and if we continue in Europe beyond Thursday and he keeps putting in performances like last Thursday then there’s every chance other clubs will look to buy him 

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fabio Silva: On-loan Wolves forward 'loving' being at Rangers and open to longer stay

By Kheredine Idessane

Fabio Silva would be happy to formalise a longer term move to Rangers if it were solely up to him.

The on-loan Wolves forward, 21, has scored four goals in 13 appearances since joining Rangers in January.

The Portuguese had joined Wolves from Porto for a reported £35m in 2020 and has previously been loaned out to Anderlecht and PSV Eindhoven.

"I'm loving being here," he said after scoring Rangers' second in the 2-0 Scottish Cup win over Hibernian.

"I don't control these things 100%. It's not 100% my decision to stay, if it was up to me then maybe yes. But I could say 'yes' and then you have a lot of things still to be taken care of.

"Perhaps I have the least input into whether I stay here but we have two months to enjoy the football, to win titles and I think after that, if we win trophies and everything goes well, Rangers and I will do everything for me to stay.

"When you see me playing with a smile on my face, I think everything's going the right way. I enjoy playing here, playing for the fans, the staff, my team-mates.

"It's a pleasure to be here. I enjoy it a lot. I've been trying to get back my happiness and they're giving me that."

Silva set up Rangers' second in their 2-2 draw with Benfica in Thursday's Europa last 16 first leg, with the forward having spent part of his youth career with the Lisbon team.

"If you win, it's a big step in the competition. You're through to the last eight," added Silva.

"For Rangers, for everyone, it's a big step. For the club, for the players - everyone wants to be on this stage. So we'll be ready for Thursday. It's going to be a good game, these games are always special. At Ibrox, even more so.

"We have a lot more games left in our journey. Everyone has to switch mindset to be ready to play as we want to be in all the competitions. After the game against Benfica, we all spoke together in the dressing room. We tried to say this to everyone, we have to have this ambition in all the competitions, not just in the Europa League.

"In Europe, it's easy to have that mentality because everyone wants to play those games. You don't need motivation to play those games. We can do brilliant things this season. "

Delighted he’s enjoying his time here, shame we won’t be able to afford him. Class player 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Delighted he’s enjoying his time here, shame we won’t be able to afford him. Class player 

Surprised we even got someone with his transfer fee to come to the spl, even using our Euro campaign as a +ve to sell it.

None of us really know what'll happen with him other than we'll not be signing him permanently.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Firstly: Calm down, you seem angry

Secondly: Yes I think Wolves will look to sell him on this summer if possible and if we continue in Europe beyond Thursday and he keeps putting in performances like last Thursday then there’s every chance other clubs will look to buy him 

Not angry at all, maybe you're projecting? 

Wolves will obviously want to minimise their losses on the deal and, after a reasonably successful loan to the SPL, I seriously doubt his market value has skyrocketed versus where he was at after leaving PSV. If things keep going well, especially in Europe, then it's possible that Wolves find a buyer this summer. But I'd also say it's entirely possible (I'd argue more likely) that Wolves find there's no market for him at their valuation and decide another loan at a team playing in Europe could push his value up. Then they could try to sell him with a year left on his deal at the start of the 25/26 season. 

You reacted to my post as if there's no way he'll go on loan again in the summer because Wolves can just easily cash in. What club is on the other side of that deal? 

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

Not angry at all, maybe you're projecting? 

Wolves will obviously want to minimise their losses on the deal and, after a reasonably successful loan to the SPL, I seriously doubt his market value has skyrocketed versus where he was at after leaving PSV. If things keep going well, especially in Europe, then it's possible that Wolves find a buyer this summer. But I'd also say it's entirely possible (I'd argue more likely) that Wolves find there's no market for him at their valuation and decide another loan at a team playing in Europe could push his value up. Then they could try to sell him with a year left on his deal at the start of the 25/26 season. 

You reacted to my post as if there's no way he'll go on loan again in the summer because Wolves can just easily cash in. What club is on the other side of that deal? 

Can’t see him going on loan again next year and if he does go on another loan and continues to do well here then there’s every chance they may want it to be at a higher level than Scottish football.

Don’t know what clubs at the end of any deal mate, im not a player agent or involved with player transfers 

Im sure Wolves would be disappointed not to have any potential buyers for a player of his ability. I’ll be disappointed if we can’t move Lammers and Hagi on and they’re nowhere near Silvas level 

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Can’t see him going on loan again next year and if he does go on another loan and continues to do well here then there’s every chance they may want it to be at a higher level than Scottish football.

Don’t know what clubs at the end of any deal mate, im not a player agent or involved with player transfers 

Im sure Wolves would be disappointed not to have any potential buyers for a player of his ability. I’ll be disappointed if we can’t move Lammers and Hagi on and they’re nowhere near Silvas level 

It's definitely possible he's sold but, if you take the clubs he's been on loan at as an indicator of his current level, I think there's going to be a large gap between Wolves' valuation and the incoming bids (PSV, RSC, and ourselves have never spent >£13M on a player). If Wolves cash-in this summer, they're going to be eating a big loss, but if they loan him out again, there's a chance he impresses and pushes that value back up. If it was me, I'd say that gamble is worth the risk of 12-months' contract devaluation as his deal runs down. 

If he does go out on loan again, it's totally possible they want him to go to a higher level, but he's not been a nailed-on starter in the Eredivisie or the SPL, so there's also a balancing act for Wolves. if he goes up a level, will he play enough to develop / impress? 

All things considered, I'd say him going out on loan again - and even coming back here (if we're in the CL) - isn't all that outlandish a possibility. 

49 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Given the price tag associated with him, there is no way him or Sima is staying at Rangers. Rangers should not be paying more than £6 or £7m for a player and at that, he needs to be our star player. It's not our model, we can't afford it.

Tbh I’d be happy paying 6million for Sima.

6million for guaranteed quality is better than 4 million on punts like Desser’s and Lammers.

Sima’s profile would fit us well as well.

Regardless of what our loan players may or may not want, or get. Our manager is capable of finding more of the same. If we don’t keep Sima Clément will just go out and find another prospect. If we don’t keep Fabio then Clement will go find another and I have every confidence. I also think the defence and parts of the midfield are more likely to be his permanent target areas.

Same old story with loan players.

You want them to do well to help our cause but the danger is that clubs with bigger budgets snap them up.

Silva is clearly enjoying it here and a season in the CL (if we win the league) isn’t going to lessen the fee that Wolves eventually get for him although £35m does seem high.

The best we can hope for, realistically, is keeping him for another year on the back of 56.

That would do nicely :pipe:

2 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

Regardless of what our loan players may or may not want, or get. Our manager is capable of finding more of the same. If we don’t keep Sima Clément will just go out and find another prospect. If we don’t keep Fabio then Clement will go find another and I have every confidence. I also think the defence and parts of the midfield are more likely to be his permanent target areas.

Very excited to see what he can do with a budget and the wages freed up by Roofe, Barisic, Jack, etc. 

39 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Tbf, if we got CL qualification and a good Europa league run, is paying £10million over 3-4 seasons with a good sell on % going back to Wolves, impossible? 

I think his market value, and the profile of clubs looking at him, will be pretty similar to Tillman. Wolves will be hoping for more, because of the fee they paid, but I think they'll struggle to get it. On a permanent basis, that puts him out of our reach, but if we can actually implement an effective  'player trading model' and qualify for the CL 2-3 seasons running, I'm hopeful that we can start competing with clubs like PSV for players who sit in that £8M-£15M bracket, who could really take us to another level, but we're some way off that just now.