Fabio Silva

Been a good loan deal for us but we'll outside our price range sadly , even if Wolves wanted to sell .

Best just enjoy him playing a major role in what could be a very successful season . 

41 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

PC also said he had £0 to spend in January, so not really his fault we don't have someone there.

Not at all, in fact I think getting the three we did get was good work. 

What I meant was I don't agree he'll view the defence as his number one priority 

1 hour ago, Southsider said:

Can't really agree with that.  We have nobody at RW and seriously short at CF.

I agree but loan market and our future budget will be a constraint. I fully expect Clement to already have a short list of likely players to bring in and judging by Diomande, Cortes. Fabio Silva there’s bargains to be had and deals to be done. RW is a definite requirement to shore up. CF would be great but young versatile players with pro attitude to slot in wherever they are needed is Cléments style. 

1 minute ago, saintbob1969 said:

I agree but loan market and our future budget will be a constraint. I fully expect Clement to already have a short list of likely players to bring in and judging by Diomande, Cortes. Fabio Silva there’s bargains to be had and deals to be done. RW is a definite requirement to shore up. CF would be great but young versatile players with pro attitude to slot in wherever they are needed is Cléments style. 

Scott Wright can’t be around next season and Danilo is in contract for another few years. McCausland needs a bit more time maybe and Fabio is going to cost a lot - as for our strike force anyone coming in will do better than Dessers. Christ there must be some youth players watching him wondering why they don’t get thrown on!  

1 hour ago, saintbob1969 said:

Scott Wright can’t be around next season and Danilo is in contract for another few years. McCausland needs a bit more time maybe and Fabio is going to cost a lot - as for our strike force anyone coming in will do better than Dessers. Christ there must be some youth players watching him wondering why they don’t get thrown on!  

Hope the manager is thinking the same as the youth players mate. 😉

Matondo on the left, Silva on the right against Benfica.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Done really well on left wing but would consider Matondo there on Thursday and Silva through middle.

Silva is right footed, I'm sure he could play on the right.  We don't have Sterling, Wright (thank fuck) or McAusland. 

9 hours ago, Southsider said:

Not at all, in fact I think getting the three we did get was good work. 

What I meant was I don't agree he'll view the defence as his number one priority 

Forward area has to be top priority by a mile.

Sima - loan over

Silva - ditto

Roofe - thankfully out of contract

Wright - hopefully out of contract, if not try to sell him/give him away

Matondo - get whatever we can, not good enough

McCausland - we all wanted him to blossom especially under Clement but he’ll never be a regular first team player

Dessers - last man standing or he’d be nowhere near the team. Accept almost any offer, he’s never a Rangers centre forward

That leaves only two forwards worthy of the jersey, Cortes and Danilo.

Given that we’ve still to stump up for Cortes and Diomande, the chances of buying Sima and/or Silva are pretty slim. If another season loan for one or both was an option, I’d grab it.

Even with CL money, we will still need to spend wisely.

I’d say that we need at least three forwards, preferably one of them right sided.

If it is a choice between Sima or Silva on loan, it's Silva all day long.

Yes, Sima can score, but he also needlessly runs the ball out of play a lot. There were many games where he was really bad.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If it is a choice between Sima or Silva on loan, it's Silva all day long.

Yes, Sima can score, but he also needlessly runs the ball out of play a lot. There were many games where he was really bad.

We wouldn’t be looking to sign Sima on loan anyway, if he comes to Rangers next season it’ll be a transfer