Blackburn appoint Sam Allardyce

Muff

How unimaginative.

They have went backwards drastically since Hughes departure.

Bringing in Ince from MK Dons was puzzling but this will be bloody dire.

I've no doubt he'll keep them up but the days of Blackburn playing slick football and contending for UEFA cup places is over.

It should of been Souness but he told em he didnt want the job....fair enough.

hopefully Souness for Sunderland

Not a fan of big Sam....cant believe people actually wanted him as the manager of England

i think this talk of longball tactics is old hat ive seen bolton loads of times and they played a decent amount of football under sam

good luck to the big man and if that fails he can take up darts professionally as hes bloody good

I agree.

They try to outmuscle the big teams (often successfully) but I've seen them play similar sized teams off the park.

Big Sam will keep them up.

Appointing Allardyce isn't a backwards step at all.

Just because some of their players have contentiental names it doesn't mean they played nice football. Under Hughes Blackburn were every bit as physical as Bolton were.

For most of their players it's back to what you know and thats why they will stay up.

The job he did at Bolton was underated, managed to get the best out of veteran players and turned them into a top 6 side out of no-where. Newcastle seems a very difficult job to handle for anyone so i wouldn't hold that against him.

Underrated?

What lol? He was bummed up so much because of the job he did at Bolton. He use to get tons of praise.

Then he went to Newcastle, fucked everything up and everyone kinda forgot about him.

TBH i don't think he's that good.

They made a really good point about the Ince/Allardyce situation on Football Focus today.

Ince was a League 2 manager who had probably spent the previous 6 months scouting players for that level of football. He then took the Blackburn job and had to go out and quickly find players capable of playing at Premiership level.

Allardyce on the other hand was always going to come back into a Premiership job and will have spent his eleven months out of the game scouting players who he knows are capable of playing at that level.

Portsmouth, West Brom & West Ham to go down IMO.