Kris Boyd is ready to hammer Celtic....

disgruntled_bear

RANGERS skipper Barry Ferguson believes Kris Boyd is ready to unleash all his pent-up Old Firm frustration on Celtic this Saturday.

The midfielder has watched his team-mate suffer the full range of emotions against Gers' deadliest rivals in recent years - from the joy of scoring his first ever goal past the Hoops to the pain of not even getting stripped.

But if ever Boyd has been ready for an Old Firm game it's surely the crunch SPL showdown at the weekend.

With 17 goals already this season the striker is on fire and looks to have forged a lethal partnership with Kenny Miller.

Incredibly, Boyd hasn't kicked a ball in any of the last five Glasgow derbies.

Since he signed for his boyhood heroes from Kilmarnock three years ago Kris has played just 242minutes against Celtic out of a possible 990.

But Ferguson is adamant the 25-year-old is eager to make an impact on a fixture that has been alien to him in the last 12 months.

The Scotland captain admits he has noticed a change in Boyd this term and praised the inner strength that has enabled him to come back from adversity.

Barry said: "I'm sure Boydy is desperate to be involved. I know the big man was absolutely gutted to be left out of the last Old Firm match.

"But it just shows his character that he has bounced back. He's working so hard in training and will be buzzing before the Parkhead game.

"He wasn't even on the bench for the last one so he'll want to prove a point.

"Boydy's a confident guy and knows he can score. People have questioned if he can do it against the big teams but if he gets a chance against anyone he'll take it.

"I've spoken to him after he has been left out of Old Firm derbies in the past but it's not so hard to convince him now his chance will come.

"He's older and a bit wiser.

Dealing with it yourself is how you learn - it's certainly what I did when I was younger.

"He's a strong character and know show to handle disappointment.

"Boydy has had plenty of knocks but has always come back. I've noticed a big difference in him this season. To play for the Old Firmyou have to be mentally strong.

"He has changed in that sense. And he's not just relying on his goals any more - he has added a work ethic.

"Kris has been outstanding and any defence, including Celtic's, would worry about a guy with a scoring record like his.

"Kenny and he are looking good together and seem to be on the same wavelength. Kenny does a lot of unselfish stuff, running into corners, then the big man's in the box to finish it off."

Ferguson believes Boyd's mental resilience should be a must for any Old Firmplayer. The skipper has suffered flak in the past and watched in amazement as Boyd and keeper Allan McGregor (below) also came under scrutiny.

Barry insists former players have failed in Glasgow due to their inability to cope with the inevitable criticism.

He said: "Allan has taken stick this season which is strange after his displays last year.

"But that's the world we live in. You have to expect it when you play for Rangers or Celtic.

"I used to let it bother me when I was younger but you learn to accept the good with the bad.

"Allan's coping and most of our boys know how to deal with difficult situations. You can't duck out of criticism, you have to face it.

"Boydy has done it and Allan will as well. A few players have left the Old Firm because they couldn't handle the pressures."

After missing Gers' convincing win over Celtic at Parkhead in August, Ferguson can't wait to lock horns with Gordon Strachan's side again.

He admits he could barely watch the 4-2 victory on TV but is praying Walter Smith's men recreate that form on Saturday.

Barry said: "The boys were brilliant that day. I couldn't watch it all - I kept switching channels, getting up and doing stupid things.

"It's hard when you're not involved although I could relax when we went two goals ahead.

"It was a great level of performance and that's what we know we're capable of."

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/sco...78057-20986219/

Dont care who scores as long as we win,mind you if he doesnt score we.ll have to put up with the likes of K.Jackson,Waddell etc.in the rags saying Boyd hasnt got it so yes it would be good for Boyd to score the winner.