Charlie Adam- I'm going nowhere

Amac9

Charlie Adam insists he has no intention of quitting Rangers in January after his surprise inclusion in the Old Firm derby defeat to Celtic.

Watford, Burnley and Nottingham Forest have all expressed an interest in the 23-year-old midfielder, who has started just seven matches this season.

"I still have three-and-a-half years left on my contract," he said.

"I'm happy at Rangers. Unless someone else thinks otherwise, then I'm happy to be at this fantastic club."

Adam was delighted to be thrown into such an important match, although the 1-0 loss to Celtic came as a major disappointment.

"It's not difficult," he explained. "I train to prepare for every game.

"When I'm not playing with the first team, I'm playing in bounce games or with the reserve team.

"It's not as though I've not played at all for the last three or four weeks, I've played games during the week to keep the match sharpness.

"To come back into a game like this is fantastic and it shows the manager still has faith in me.

It was great to be back in the side but it's not just about being back in the side - it's about getting victories.

"We are disappointed with how the game ended. It was a tough day, goals win games, and they managed to get the goal.

"It's been like that for the last few years, that the first goal probably changes the game.

"It's tough to take with the unbeaten run we had at home and it was a disappointing result. But we will get on with it and battle back.

"There is still a long way to go."

Scott McDonald's solitary strike sent Celtic seven points clear of Rangers at the top of the Premier League.

But Adam pointed to the Scottish champions' own fightback last season - when they clinched the title on the final day - and claimed it was dangerous to write Rangers off.

"We know we have to roll the sleeves up and work really hard and try to claw it back," he said.

"Celtic did it last year and I can't see why we can't do it.

"The title isn't lost. There are plenty of points to play for.

"Celtic clawed back seven points last year so there are still twists and turns between now and the end of the season.

"We just have to capitalise when mistakes are made

You are an embarrasment to Glasgow Rangers!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's one of the few players we have I dislike full stop. A bad footballer, a thug, and the first to mouth off to the press like this.

I would be happy to see the back of him.

Charlie Adam insists he has no intention of quitting Rangers in January after his surprise inclusion in the Old Firm derby defeat to Celtic.

Watford, Burnley and Nottingham Forest have all expressed an interest in the 23-year-old midfielder, who has started just seven matches this season.

"I still have three-and-a-half years left on my contract," he said.

"I'm happy at Rangers. Unless someone else thinks otherwise, then I'm happy to be at this fantastic club."

Adam was delighted to be thrown into such an important match, although the 1-0 loss to Celtic came as a major disappointment.

"It's not difficult," he explained. "I train to prepare for every game.

"When I'm not playing with the first team, I'm playing in bounce games or with the reserve team.

"It's not as though I've not played at all for the last three or four weeks, I've played games during the week to keep the match sharpness.

"To come back into a game like this is fantastic and it shows the manager still has faith in me.

It was great to be back in the side but it's not just about being back in the side - it's about getting victories.

"We are disappointed with how the game ended. It was a tough day, goals win games, and they managed to get the goal.

"It's been like that for the last few years, that the first goal probably changes the game.

"It's tough to take with the unbeaten run we had at home and it was a disappointing result. But we will get on with it and battle back.

"There is still a long way to go."

Scott McDonald's solitary strike sent Celtic seven points clear of Rangers at the top of the Premier League.

But Adam pointed to the Scottish champions' own fightback last season - when they clinched the title on the final day - and claimed it was dangerous to write Rangers off.

"We know we have to roll the sleeves up and work really hard and try to claw it back," he said.

"Celtic did it last year and I can't see why we can't do it.

"The title isn't lost. There are plenty of points to play for.

"Celtic clawed back seven points last year so there are still twists and turns between now and the end of the season.

"We just have to capitalise when mistakes are made

Just fuck off you useless fucker. You are an embarrasment to Glasgow Rangers!

Thousands think otherwise Charlie. You are a fat bastart who has made no attempt to improve either your game or your fitness/weight.

For any professional footballer to be carrying the weight he does is nothing short of an embarassment and a disgrace

If he really cared for his future he would knuckle down lose the weight and put in extra effort

He's another one of Smith's favourites and the sooner he goes the better

No chance of Forest wanting him as Calderwood got the bullet. I'd imagine we are stuck with him and he'll continue to play and offer absolutely bugger all.

Charlie Adam - Rangers number 11. What a joke!

PLG gets the blame as he gave Adam his breakthrough.

And tbf young Charles wasn't hopeless, actually kinda half decent, but he stayed there and never developed - always trying the hollywood nonsense and missing the basics of the game.

And now he's clearly not fit enough, plus has added an aggressive and thuggish element to his game.

No chance of Forest wanting him as Calderwood got the bullet. I'd imagine we are stuck with him and he'll continue to play and offer absolutely bugger all.

Charlie Adam - Rangers number 11. What a joke!

Is quite embarrassing considering the number 11's we've had previously!

PLG gets the blame as he gave Adam his breakthrough.

And tbf young Charles wasn't hopeless, actually kinda half decent, but he stayed there and never developed - always trying the hollywood nonsense and missing the basics of the game.

And now he's clearly not fit enough, plus has added an aggressive and thuggish element to his game.

precisely. PLG gave him his breakthrough because he could see potential in youngsters - he delevoped more in 3 monnths under le guen than he has in over a year since