Regime

Gazzas_Flute

I was brought up a Rangers man, and I’ll die a Rangers man and although being fairly young and inexperienced compared to other bears, I feel our traditions and morals are slipping and becoming not so important in our day to day lives. I believe “Rangers” has become an answer to a question for allot of people, A part time hobby, A weekend thing.

To me Rangers is a way of life, Long gone are the days of terracing where you stood shoulder to shoulder with likeminded dignified bears without fear of singing about what you believed in, and it’s been replaced by an almost graveyard like experience where you are ushered along nicely by a £4 an hour rent a cop who tells you what you can and cannot sing.

I've not experienced anything like the " true " Rangers that I’ve been told about over the years , The closest I’ve ever came was Manchester , spoiled by a few hundred idiots out for the day claiming to be Rangers fans. I've read over the last few months that Manchester was a complete and utter disaster and yes on the field we did not turn up, However 250,000 Rangers fans did turn up, They turned up to show support to Rangers, Even being fairly young I never imagined I would experience a European final that the Rangers would feature in, but I did. It was a once in a life time opportunity, one which I will not forget. It gave me the smallest insight to what Rangers once was. I remember waking up early that morning and feeling nervous, I remember the Hotel receptionist , Bus Drivers and passersby in the street shouting " Good luck tonight " when they seen the famous Rangers shirt. I remember seeing evidence that " The Rangers are coming " before even being within 150miles of Manchester , I remember stepping off that bus with my Rangers scarf in my hand , union jack around my waist screaming We are the people and thinking " We are unique , No-one else could do this "

But are we ? Are we indeed a unique club? Or have we been reduced to being labelled simply as any other football club in the world today? It’s undebatable that we are something special and not just your normal run of the mill club, but is it slowly disappearing under Murray and all his cronies? Or did we lose it when The Billy Boys was banned? I for one will not let the PC brigade and handwringers win, while it may not seem like much there are more than enough likeminded individuals who will not let this club become something it’s not. Enough is enough in my opinion, poor management and running of this club will only lead to further disaster. We need to get out of this mentality of its Walter Smith and David Murray are the untouchable's because they have done great things in the past , which yes they have its undeniable that they have both done fantastic thing in the past , But what are they doing now ? Playing second fiddle to Celtic and putting warnings that you may be arrested if you sing a certain song up on the screens is not the Rangers way.

Unless things change soon, I fear it may be too late to save the mighty Glasgow Rangers.

I dont understand

People bang on about being a true Rangers fan (whatever that is) yet seem more interested in singing songs than seeing a winning team on the park - these people who demand instant success and will never tolerate finishing behind Celtic while we build a team are the reasons we will never get to another European Final

The modern day quick fix Champions League hypnotised muppet are the real problem. Cant sing The Billy Boys? who gives a shit! want to protest about something? Get Smith out and get a Manager with real vision and long term planning to build a team we can truly be proud of

I agree with what you say about getting past the mentality that Smith and Murray but wanting to change the regime because we cant sing certain songs is stupid

I dont understand

People bang on about being a true Rangers fan (whatever that is) yet seem more interested in singing songs than seeing a winning team on the park - these people who demand instant success and will never tolerate finishing behind Celtic while we build a team are the reasons we will never get to another European Final

The modern day quick fix Champions League hypnotised muppet are the real problem. Cant sing The Billy Boys? who gives a shit! want to protest about something? Get Smith out and get a Manager with real vision and long term planning to build a team we can truly be proud of

I agree with what you say about getting past the mentality that Smith and Murray but wanting to change the regime because we cant sing certain songs is stupid

Spot on (tu)

I dont understand

Callum's cracking post is far more encompassing.

He is not only referring to the shambles on the pitch and in the boardroom - but also in the stands where the continual appeasement by our current guardians, is leaving us persecuted and discriminated against unfairly.

I dont understand

I do for one , Why should I sit inside Ibrox fearing I may be arrested if I sing about what I believe in because we have a Chairmen who refuses to defend us and is instead content in criticising our own fans rather than supporting us.

I dont understand

He is not only referring to the shambles on the pitch and in the boardroom - but also in the stands where the continual appeasement by our current guardians, is leaving us persecuted and discriminated against unfairly.

Agreed D'Artagnan but we need to unite and mobilise.

Constant talk of boycotts etc only plays in to timmys (and the mhedias) hands.

We need to challenge the discrimination in the courts and not on message boards.

I posted on another thread that I regularly took these people to task and some keyboard commando said I was beginning to sound like one of them.

One group needs to take the lead and begin a fighting fund to challenge them at every opportunity.

I dont understand

I think his point was more to with traditions, morals nad the way the club is at the moment

I dont understand

At no point did he refer to the shambles on the pitch which is - or should be - the most important issue

As for the stands, I'm sorry but you cant stop a cultural change. Songs like the Billy Boys and the Famine Song are deemed unnaceptable in this day and age so we must get on with it. It doesn't need a regime change to stop the persecution and descrimination we just need to think of some more songs.....possibly about football. Once we do that then the authorities will go after Celtic

I dont understand

I do for one , Why should I sit inside Ibrox fearing I may be arrested if I sing about what I believe in because we have a Chairmen who refuses to defend us and is instead content in criticising our own fans rather than supporting us.

You cant defend the indefensible - singing about being 'up to you'r knees in fenian blood' is simply not on anymore. Get over it, move past it

I dont understand

At no point did he refer to the shambles on the pitch which is - or should be - the most important issue

As for the stands, I'm sorry but you cant stop a cultural change. Songs like the Billy Boys and the Famine Song are deemed unnaceptable in this day and age so we must get on with it. It doesn't need a regime change to stop the persecution and descrimination we just need to think of some more songs.....possibly about football. Once we do that then the authorities will go after Celtic

I said that playing second fiddle to Celtic is not the Rangers way. I also criticised the fans who deem Walter us untouchable , He's not the man to take us forward , We will not improve untill he is gone.

I dont understand

I said that playing second fiddle to Celtic is not the Rangers way. I also criticised the fans who deem Walter us untouchable , He's not the man to take us forward , We will not improve untill he is gone.

(tu) very true

Excellent post which helps to put paid the myth on internet forums that it's only the older bears who want to hang on to the traditions.

We Want to hang onto the tradittions we want to be the rangers we have been told about

Yes I know, it's just that on reading some posts you would think the contrary was true. Not what you hear in the real world.

We certainly do Swally - "a divided house will fall"

Problem is we dont know how to. Look at the mess the RST got themselves into after such an inspiring start.

Even a look on here within some of the threads - there is a wide variety of opinions as to what should/should not be done.

Some on here still dont think the likes of Spiers has an agenda against us.

We certainly do Swally - "a divided house will fall"

Problem is we dont know how to. Look at the mess the RST got themselves into after such an inspiring start.

Even a look on here within some of the threads - there is a wide variety of opinions as to what should/should not be done.

Some on here still dont think the likes of Spiers has an agenda against us.

It beggars belief

I think pound for pound Rangers are the most special club in the world. In my dreams last night I was singing FOLLOW FOLLOW and I wonder how many others do anything like that. I haven't been outside of Australia or been to a Rangers game, but I'm extremely obsessed. If I do get to Ibrox one day, you'll hear me singing!

I think pound for pound Rangers are the most special club in the world. In my dreams last night I was singing FOLLOW FOLLOW and I wonder how many others do anything like that. I haven't been outside of Australia or been to a Rangers game, but I'm extremely obsessed. If I do get to Ibrox one day, you'll hear me singing!

Amazing. It interest me how u end up supporting Rangers?