Fringe stars worry Walter

disgruntled_bear

WALTER SMITH admits his fed-up fringe players are unsettling Rangers’ title challenge.

The Ibrox manager is desperate to bring in new faces next month to freshen up his squad.

But that depends on players going the other way — and Smith reckons those who can’t get a game are disrupting the current squad.

Smith, whose side trail Celtic by seven points, groaned: “We have too many lads in the group who are not playing and they don’t like that, which means it’s not conducive to having a good squad.

“We would hope to be active in the transfer market in terms of bringing in players, but that is dependent on who we get out.”

Gers are prepared to listen to offers for Christian Dailly, Charlie Adam, Steven Smith, Chris Burke and Graeme Smith.

Nacho Novo has been linked with moves to Hull City and Spain, but Smith said: “We have had no contact at this stage regarding any of our players.

“We will have to wait and see what happens.

Surprise

“You go for a few months when the transfer window is closed and you don’t have any speculation, but now it has started.

“When I returned to Rangers it was the first time I had experienced that situation with the window and there are a great deal of rumours at the moment.

“We must adjust our current squad first.”

Midfielder Adam was a surprise starter in Saturday’s costly Old Firm defeat.

Smith added: “He has been in and out the team and whether he’s happy with that or not is another matter.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...icle2078061.ece

7 points off the leaders.

Lost to our main rivals at the weekend

And Walter says he is planning on selling players and not bringing in players? The only way you can possibly get the players focused is be seen to be serious and Walter must be having a laugh if he thinks selling some fringe players is going to do that. If anything, it just takes any sort of pressure off them because no one is their competing for places. Surely no one can do worse than Lee Mucolloch. That guy gives hope for all Rangers fans that you can make it. But saying that, so do a good few of our players.

HE IS TALKING SHITE ITS HIM THATS UNSETTELING THEM SO THATS UNSETTELING OUR TITLE CHALLENGE.

How do you know he is unsettling the players???

the man never has and never will take the blame for fuck all.

HE IS TALKING SHITE ITS HIM THATS UNSETTELING THEM SO THATS UNSETTELING OUR TITLE CHALLENGE.

How do you know he is unsettling the players???

the man never has and never will take the blame for fuck all.

Absolutely correct mate.

But that doesn;t mean he is unsettling the players.

Don't get me wrong though. I think he is talking a big pile of pish when he says the fringe players are unsettling them.

What I was trying to get at is that instead of saying they are unsettled why not say some of them simply aren;t good enough to be first team players??

Sorry Walter but you brought the players in and rejected bids for others. You only have yourself to blame.

Instead of panicking you should have had a plan set up, you should have seen what we needed and addressed it - buying strikers and central midfielders when we needed other positions filled was nothing short of amateurish.

Do us all a favour and hand in your resignation - your no longer know what you are doing, your time is up.

Football is an expensive business, you have to pay for the players to arrive and if they don't work out and nobody wants them you have to pay for them to leave

That's why you have a plan and don't just panick and go out and buy for the fun of it, resulting in your squad being too large and top sided.

Adam is the biggest waste of space I've seen in a Rangers jersey. He's fat, slow, lazy, one-footed, can't head, his set pieces are either under-hit or over-hit and tries the killer pass every time but fails. He is a First division standard player and that's me being kind.

Fringe players.

Carlie Adam, the only good thing about Adam is he cost FA, a boy who had potential given no direction hence wasted.

Lee McCulloch, bought by Walter played a few good games, talked a hell of a lot more, we were offered 2.5M from Stoke, why was it turned down? was it because he might make a decent CH. doh [i know,it's not funny]

Maurice Edu, 2.5M I'd be fucking pissed off to if I were him, becoming a regular for the U.S. now stuck in nowhereland, probably should not have been bought but not his fault [was he even scouted?]

Velika. 1M. see Edu minus the U.S. bit.

Chris Burke if he's unhappy then he has a fuckin' cheek, how much have you stolen in wages for your average 4-6 games a season?[& thats when your not injured].

Aaron Niques," I know son what's the point."

Chistian Dailly, there was no point.

Damarcus Beasley, Walter"I'll give you 90mins. to prove yourself"......." what do you mean you'll need a few games under your belt, do you think your names Lee McCulloch or something".

Nacho Novo, only 100%er we have,[though I think his time is over].

To all our youth players ,forget it you have no chance under him until you reach 28-29 if your lucky.

YOU have fucked all these players around Walter, did you really expect anything else?.

As for your excuses, I don't want to hear them, I'd have more respect for you if you'ld raise your hand and admitted that it was you who is making the mistakes and were willing to take the blame, [smacks of desperation to me]. :angry2:

Fringe players.

Carlie Adam, the only good thing about Adam is he cost FA, a boy who had potential given no direction hence wasted.

Lee McCulloch, bought by Walter played a few good games, talked a hell of a lot more, we were offered 2.5M from Stoke, why was it turned down? was it because he might make a decent CH. doh [i know,it's not funny]

Maurice Edu, 2.5M I'd be fucking pissed off to if I were him, becoming a regular for the U.S. now stuck in nowhereland, probably should not have been bought but not his fault [was he even scouted?]

Chris Burke if he's unhappy then he has a fuckin' cheek, how much have you stolen in wages for your average 4-6 games a season?[& thats when your not injured].

Damarcus Beasley, Walter"I'll give you 90mins. to prove yourself"......." what do you mean you'll need a few games under your belt, do you think your names Lee McCulloch or something".

To all our youth players ,forget it you have no chance under him until you reach 28-29 if your lucky.

YOU have fucked all these players around Walter, did you really expect anything else?.

As for your excuses, I don't want to hear them, I'd have more respect for you if you'ld raise your hand and admitted that it was you who is making the mistakes and were willing to take the blame, [smacks of desperation to me]. :angry2:

Good post but what about Hemdani and JCD.

Fringe players.

Good post but what about Hemdani and JCD.

Hemdami is so far out of the loop I forgot about him, & JCD is offski