Boyd v Fletcher

kasabian101

If we sell Boyd to Birmingham I would love to see Fletcher as our number 1 transfer target.

I believe he is already a greater player than Boyd. At the moment he is a 20 goal a season striker. Can pass the ball , could possibly be a target man and his link up play is exceptional. With Mendes , Ferguson and Davis giving him support he could score 30 -40 a season with Rangers.

His potential is limitless. He would command a transfer of around 4.5 to 6 million pounds. He is a great player and an investment at the same time.

I know there is a thread on Fletcher in the transfer section but with Boyd possibly going we will need another striker!

Let me know what you think

4.5- 6m pounds maybe, if you're a fucking idiot

no thanks

(2m pounds then yes)

No thanks. You want to get rid of one of the top SPL goalscorers of all time and the current top in the league THEN pay nearly twice as much for somebody with 6 in 20.

How many has he scored against 'the bigger teams' I wonder? I cant remember him scoring against us...

Scored twice against Celtic at the piggery this season.

Another thing, we are never going sign top quality players anymore, gone are the days of of Laudraup, Gazza, Mols, De Boer so we've got looking these players people need to get round that.

Looks as if the people who know the facts and the guy from Edinburgh are the only ones that rate this guy! Thats fine with me! How can people say Steven Fletcher isn't good enough? How many strikers with his touch and skill really stand out in the SPL when playing for a team outside the old firm team?

If you don't rate Fletcher you have no idea about football. Its not down to personal opinion on this one. He will move to one of the old firm or the Premiership. I just hope its us.

Looks as if the people who know the facts and the guy from Edinburgh are the only ones that rate this guy! Thats fine with me! How can people say Steven Fletcher isn't good enough? How many strikers with his touch and skill really stand out in the SPL when playing for a team outside the old firm team?

If you don't rate Fletcher you have no idea about football. Its not down to personal opinion on this one. He will move to one of the old firm or the Premiership. I just hope its us

that is your opinion

certainly not mine , a decent player , but no better than Novo or Naismith

it is good that you are sharing your expert knowledge with us on RM

If you don't rate Fletcher you have no idea about football. Its not down to personal opinion on this one. He will move to one of the old firm or the Premiership. I just hope its us.

Dont get caught up in the Real Madrid hype.

Hes very limited, and cannot even striker the ball with his left foot.

Fletcher is too erratic in front of goal. Take today for example. He missed a glorious opportunity which really should be bread and butter for a striker who is valued at 4 million.

He's also completely one footed, very poor in the air for a guy who is over six feet and he lacks any real sort of pace.

The only part of his game which is anywhere near strong is his link up play, and even that tends to be during the first phase of a move.

Haha.

Hahahahahahaha.

Are you here all week?

Lee Miller is a better player than Steven Fletcher - Fletcher is abspolutely rank rotten!

Would anyone accept Lee Miller? With the money we're meant to have and with the strikers we've been linked with I would much rather have Miller on the cheap than overspending on a striker like Fletcher.

Lee Miller is a better player than Steven Fletcher - Fletcher is abspolutely rank rotten!

Would anyone accept Lee Miller? With the money we're meant to have and with the strikers we've been linked with I would much rather have Miller on the cheap than overspending on a striker like Fletcher.

I think we should have signed Miller on a bosman and not bothered signing Lafferty.

Purely as a player, Fletcher can run with the ball, beat players, has a better touch, game awareness and is far better than Boyd for me. Boyd is the better goalscorer and poacher but then again if Fletcher was in Rangers team im sure he put away more than his fair share of the chances that he'd get.

I think we should have signed Miller on a bosman and not bothered signing Lafferty.

I've had some pelters in the past for saying something like this, but I see he scored another two tonight and is definitely better than Fletcher in my opinion. People will say Fletcher is brilliant off the ball and whatever else, but personally I've never bought into the hype and Miller probably brings just as much off the ball as Fletcher does (good in the air, good touch, etc) in addition to the fact that he's scored more goals than him this season.

I've had some pelters in the past for saying something like this, but I see he scored another two tonight and is definitely better than Fletcher in my opinion. People will say Fletcher is brilliant off the ball and whatever else, but personally I've never bought into the hype and Miller probably brings just as much off the ball as Fletcher does (good in the air, good touch, etc) in addition to the fact that he's scored more goals than him this season.

Also his performance up front on his own against Bayern last season should embarass some of Boyd and Millers performances.