Close To Tears

Nemesis

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the evidence that this claim is true?

I see no reason to believe it.

Which claim?

That we are deeply in debt?

That we are run badly and chronic mismanagement is exacerbating things?

That we are considering offers for Boyd in an attempt to right the ship?

Frankie

Thats it in a nutshell. Our failure to prioritise the correct psoitions in the summer will be our downfall. I couldnt believe it when Smith continued to pursue strikers when the obvious weakness was midfield.

I would put much of this current problem down to Wlater's mismanagment during summer.

Spot on. Thats it in a nutshell. 7m for three strikers when we already had 4 at the club + an unfit Naismith and almost no midfield and an "injured" CB. Shocking - then we put out a shit team vs Kaunas and get beat by a pub team.

I agree it's not necessarily the fact that BOYD is going - its the fact that we appear to be in such a mess than we will sell anybody. Does anybody on here think Mendes and Davis wont go if decent (£2-3m) offers come in?

They need to balance the books and we could easily, very easily be without another handful of what we think are our best players sooner than you think.

There is a major problem, end of story.

Spot on. Thats it in a nutshell. 7m for three strikers when we already had 4 at the club + an unfit Naismith and almost no midfield and an "injured" CB. Shocking - then we put out a shit team vs Kaunas and get beat by a pub team.

You couldn't write that script, NVA, it seems so far fetched. Worst part is, we could stagger through another year like this, lose the title on the last weekend of the season and people would say, "See, its not that bad, you overreacted." How people fail to see how we are struggling in the long run is beyond me.

IMO anyone from Englands Championship offering more than £3m for Boyd should have their hand ripped off before he takes the cheque away. It's probable Walter Smith feels exactly the same way, therefore the sale of Kris Boyd is almost a no-brainer. We badly need to trim our squad, and if no-one wants the fringe players we have on offer then Boyd is the next best thing.

There is little or no evidence that Ferguson is going anywhere, and the same goes for McGregor, Bougherra, Mendes and Davis. These five players represent the only real class we have, and unless "silly money" is offered they will be going nowhere.

If this is how the panic-merchants are reacting after a few days of the transfer window then the NHS better replenish the stocks of Prozac and Valium pretty sharpish.

IMO anyone from Englands Championship offering more than £3m for Boyd should have their hand ripped off before he takes the cheque away. It's probable Walter Smith feels exactly the same way, therefore the sale of Kris Boyd is almost a no-brainer. We badly need to trim our squad, and if no-one wants the fringe players we have on offer then Boyd is the next best thing.

There is little or no evidence that Ferguson is going anywhere, and the same goes for McGregor, Bougherra, Mendes and Davis. These five players represent the only real class we have, and unless "silly money" is offered they will be going nowhere.

If this is how the panic-merchants are reacting after a few days of the transfer window then the NHS better replenish the stocks of Prozac and Valium pretty sharpish.

I agree.

Surely it's better to have a Boyd-less Rangers than no Rangers at all?

Although you wouldn't necessarily think that going by some of the immature and pathetic reactions on RangersMedia over the last couple of days.

I agree it's not necessarily the fact that BOYD is going - its the fact that we appear to be in such a mess than we will sell anybody. Does anybody on here think Mendes and Davis wont go if decent (£2-3m) offers come in?

They need to balance the books and we could easily, very easily be without another handful of what we think are our best players sooner than you think.

There is a major problem, end of story.

Get a grip! doh

Where is the evidence to support your belief? There is none, unless you take into account the wild-eyed ramblings of some posters on here. <_<

how wont they go if we get money??

The poster above said:

Does anybody on here think Mendes and Davis wont go if decent (£2-3m) offers come in?

There is absolutely zero evidence to support that claim. End of.

We really could go back to the pre-Holmes/Souness days ... unfortunately Murray's refusal to back the supporters time after time does not engender the feeling of us all being in it together that would be so important right now

Murrays priority is not to

back the supporters
and nor should it be.

Get a grip! doh

Where is the evidence to support your belief? There is none, unless you take into account the wild-eyed ramblings of some posters on here. <_<

Here's my problem with your statement Roy. It shouldn't be you making that clear, it should be the chairman. Quite honestly, if the manager wants to sell players because he thinks he can do better with the money received then that's one thing.

But the club in the papers, fans up in arms and no word at all from the club. A simple statement on the club website saying Rangers are not going to be forced to sell players but will consider bids where they will aid in strengthening the side long term would help in making it look like we are well run.

For me the ultimate in insults is that we're gonna accept so little for the player - while the Scottish mhedia are trying to say Brown of Celtic will be going and they'll 'maybe' accept £9 Million for him...

Brown = £9 M

Boyd = £3 M

Stop the world I wanna get off!!

:barf:

Rangers need to sell Price Drops

Celtic dont need to sell Price goes up to get him

Simply balance the books - If we dont balance the books there is no Rangers - we may not like it but Footballl at Rangers level is as much about Money as it is about anything - would you rather Murray gambled our future away or kept a stable ship - 2 players leaving, even though I love them as players, will NOT destroy Rangers - running the club in a foolhardy manner financially might! And as one poster said - we have been through much worse times - have patience - all is noy yet lost!

Remember - NO Surrender!

Thank feck someone's said it. These are unprecedented times globally from an economis point of view and bigger ships than us have sunk (Woolworths, HBOS, Lehman's). If we don't attempt to address the debt there may not be a Rangers as we know it. The downsizing is a necessary evil and a consequence of the financial mis-management of the last 10 years.

What we can't do is bale out on the team and wring our hands in woe. Timothy is loving this, so what we need to do is stand proud and tall and remember "We Are The People" !. They will get their's don't worry.