Am i missing something.....

Jimbo.

To listen to SDM and Smith talking you'd be forgiven for thinking it was some previous management team who failed to beat Kaunas and got papped out of europe....

Was it not smith who fukced about when we desperately needed a new midfield (whittaker/adam/mcculloch started against kaunas!), played an unfit dailly at centre half and felt it prudent to sign 4 (unecessary) forwards? <cr>

Surely it was Murray who oversaw this shambles?

These two thought we could walk through a Lithuanian pub team whilst playing poker for new players in the background. We were screaming out for Stevie Davis (who we ultimately paid fulhams original asking price for anyway!) but felt we could throw full price at Burnley for Lafferty because sheltic were sniffing about?! <cr>

The talk this week has been ridiculous, SDM talking like he's the our financial captain steering us through tough economic times! We're in this position because you and your buddy made a tit of it. End of.

To listen to SDM and Smith talking you'd be forgiven for thinking it was some previous management team who failed to beat Kaunas and got papped out of europe....

Was it not smith who fukced about when we desperately needed a new midfield (whittaker/adam/mcculloch!), played an unfit dailly at centre half and felt it prudent to sign 4 (unecessary) forwards? <cr>

These two thought we could walk through a Lithuanian pub team whilst playing poker for new players in the background. We were screaming out for Stevie Davis (who we ultimately paid fulhams original asking price for anyway!) but felt we could through full price at Burnley for Lafferty because sheltic were sniffing about?! <cr>

The talk this week has been ridiculous, SDM talking like he's the our financial captain steering us through tough economic times! We're in this position because you and you buddy made a tit of it. End of.

That is it in a nutshell jimbo!

He tried to punt Boyd and Darcheville in the summer, but couldn't. He was successful in selling Cousin when he wanted-after the Celtic thrashing.

Surely common-sense dictates that strengthening the area you're lightest in (midfield) is more pressing than strengthening the area you plan to weaken by (hopefully) selling players?

I don't think we did pay the £4m Fulham demanded. Thought we got him for about £2.5m.

Also, I don't agree that we're in any financial trouble whatsoever.

We're in enough trouble for Murray to feel we need to sell a player. He was quoted as saying without the sale of a player we are in difficulty.

I don't think we did pay the £4m Fulham demanded. Thought we got him for about £2.5m.

Oh come on Oleg!

We're having to sell our best goalscorer (or another player) for at least £3million to balance the books half way through a season where we trail Celtic by 5 points.

Of course we have financial worries. All because of some bizarre and unacceptable strategies since January 2008 particularly.

We all know that financially we are behind Celtic and that things are'nt quite ideal. But dont forget that for quite a time Celtic were quite a bit more behind us. This demonstrates that things can and do turn around full circle. We are faced with a situation were we are going to have to win the league whilst spending less money than Celtic. They can out spend us, so we need to out manage, out manouvre, out think and out battle them.

We were unlucky last year not to win the title, and again poor management imo cost us a champions league place this season. We would soon close the gap between the two clubs if we can achieve several things- Winning the title this season is imperative, qualify for champions league and thirdly at some stage we must increase the stadium capacity to address their advantage with income. To do all of these things we must have exceptional management of our players and resources at all aspects of the club, something that imo has been the most significant problem.

I feel too much is made of the fact that celtic have this and that and we are skint etc, basically theres nothing between the two teams on the pitch as our games have proved, which shouldnt be the case if they have more money.? We need a bit of consistency and some luck along the way and im convinced if we can grab this title back the tables will turn right around.. Keep believing.

Was it not smith who fukced about when we desperately needed a new midfield (whittaker/adam/mcculloch started against kaunas!), played an unfit dailly at centre half and felt it prudent to sign 4 (unecessary) forwards? <cr>

These two thought we could walk through a Lithuanian pub team whilst playing poker for new players in the background. We were screaming out for Stevie Davis (who we ultimately paid fulhams original asking price for anyway!) but felt we could throw full price at Burnley for Lafferty because sheltic were sniffing about?! <cr>

The talk this week has been ridiculous, SDM talking like he's the our financial captain steering us through tough economic times! We're in this position because you and your buddy made a tit of it. End of.

:clap:

This is the best post Ive read on our financial situation.

The club was fucking about, playing as you say "financial poker" when we desperately needed to strengthen BEFORE the Kaunas game.

Going into that match under-prepared was a desperate error, and the root cause of all our problems this season quite probably.

Murray has said that we didn't budget for losing to Kaunus. Surely he means he didn't budget for it. Or was he that complacent that he believed we simply had to turn up to win? What troubled me most in his latest statement were his comments on the possible sale of Boyd. He said that even if we kept him it might not make any difference anyway. Is he saying that he's conceded our season is over already??? He's quite happy to draw a line under this season and roll over to those fuckers getting to 4 in a row. What a fuckin' disgrace. :unionflag:

The quicker we break up the Murray/Smith partnership the better.

It's simply not conducive to good football or good business sense. I think they lead each other down the yellow brick road to financial mess with backslaps galore.

Our squad was strong enough to beat kaunus and should have.

It was a disgraceful perofrmance that cost us that game not poor planning imo......

How many SPL teams would we beat with teams featuring Dailly, midfields comprised of Adam, McCulloch and Whittaker etc...

It was a crucial match and the "gamble" on saving a few bucks on the purchases of Davis, Mendes etc... was totally unnecessary

It was a disgraceful perofrmance that cost us that game not poor planning imo......

How many SPL teams would we beat with teams featuring Dailly, midfields comprised of Adam, McCulloch and Whittaker etc...

It was a crucial match and the "gamble" on saving a few bucks on the purchases of Davis, Mendes etc... was totally unnecessary

Did we have the bucks to begin with.....

We should have beaten that team with the squad we had, we missed sitters in both legs , people massively under performed in both legs and we lost a ridiculous goal in the last minute that put us out.

Point is we didn't. Hence our need to sell our top goalscorer(or someone/anyone with some value) now. That's no-ones fault but our current management, regardeless of the spin they might put on it.

Point is we didn't. Hence our need to sell our top goalscorer(or someone/anyone with some value) now. That's no-ones fault but our current management, regardeless of the spin they might put on it.

Smith should have been sacked after the Kaunas debacle. As stated above we went into that game unprepared without Cuellar, Davis and Ferguson, but did have Daily, Adam, McCulloch, Whittaker. On top of that Walter spent 7m beforehand on Lafferty, Miller and Velicka when we ALREADY had Boyd, Novo, JCD, Cousin and Naismith on our books. Thats EIGHT strikers but no midfield and a CB missing! SHAMBLES!!

Oh come on Oleg!

We're having to sell our best goalscorer (or another player) for at least £3million to balance the books half way through a season where we trail Celtic by 5 points.

Of course we have financial worries. All because of some bizarre and unacceptable strategies since January 2008 particularly.

Oleg is in denial.

Oh come on Oleg!

Oleg is in denial.

that's in Africa...right?

Come on! Ofcourse we are.

We look at Rangers and whats happening ? We are selling our top goal scorer half-way through the season.

We look at Celtic and whats happening ? They are signing £29million deasl with Nike and they are basically guaranteed to have all their best players after January.

We're in a hell of a state and untill this Smith/Murray partnership is broken then we always will be.