Beasley ready for battle

American winger keen to earn Rangers reprieve

Beasley: Hoping for opportunity

DaMarcus Beasley is prepared to fight for his Rangers future after falling out of favour at Ibrox.

The American winger has been told that he is surplus to requirements by Gers boss Walter Smith after failing to force his way into first-team contention this season.

With the Glasgow giants keen to offload any deadwood during the January transfer window, it had looked likely that Beasley would be one of those heading for the exit.

However, the gutsy former PSV Eindhoven and Manchester City man is keen to play his way back into contention at Rangers and help the club wrestle the SPL title back from Old Firm rivals Celtic.

"The gaffer has said in the papers that he will have to consider offers for players who aren't playing, if they are made," Beasley told the Evening Times.

"I understand I fit the bill in that respect just now. It is up to me to show that I am worth keeping here.

"I realise the club will look at things if someone comes in for me, but at the moment I'm not thinking about that at all.

"I love the club and I'm hopeful I can get back in and play my part in the team. I don't have any desire to go somewhere else. I'm happy here."

Ambitions

While reiterating his desire to remain in Scotland, Beasley does accept that his international aspirations rest on his ability to find regular action.

Speaking in Rangers News, he added: "I have a lot going on with the United States national team.

"We've got World Cup qualifiers coming up and the Confederations Cup in South Africa this summer. I want to be involved in all of that.

"I know for that to happen I need to be playing football, so hopefully over the next couple of weeks things can improve for me.

"I know I've got to look out for myself first. If I'm not playing here I should move on. I must stress, though, that I really want to be a part of things here. I want to stay and I've not got it in mind to leave."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_4793568,00.html

should start LM on saturday

There are 2/3 players who should be given the nod before him - Naismith, Aaron and Fleck(although I wouldn't play him out on the left, but he can play there)

There are 2/3 players who should be given the nod before him - Naismith, Aaron and Fleck(although I wouldn't play him out on the left, but he can play there)

not doubt we will see mccculloch or adamildinho

Saying exactly what Cousin said tbh. Happy to stay, happy to go.

Just wants to play.

But he's so badly out of form I can't justify playing him ahead of Aaron. Who can't even get in the team.

not doubt we will see mccculloch or adamildinho

Starvin Marvin is pish. He is lightweight and spends more time on his arse than he does on his feet, probably due to his oversized and disproportianite head.

He has had no more than 3 excellent games for us and has started only 57 League games in the last 5 seasons.

What is it people have seen that would determine him as being the answer to our issues?

Starvin Marvin is pish. He is lightweight and spends more time on his arse than he does on his feet, probably due to his oversized and disproportianite head.

He has had no more than 3 excellent games for us and has started only 57 League games in the last 5 seasons.

What is it people have seen that would determine him as being the answer to our issues?

(tu)

I wouldn't care if he left, I think we've got better talent waiting on the bench in both Naismith and Aaron. I don't think Beasley is a bad player but just not cut out for the SPL and wont really get the chance to adapt to it if he's not gonna get a regular run out at LM. I think it may be best to get rid of him during this transfer window

:unionflag: :unionflag:

:mutley:

I've yet to see much from him to suggest he's the answer to our left wing problem, or even if he is going to cut it here. He certainly has the pedigree and i thought he

would be a good signing but it looks like it just isnt going to work out for him for one reason or another.

Would like to see Naismith or Niguez get a run of games out there if anyone. Our lack of real width is a concern.

I've yet to see much from him to suggest he's the answer to our left wing problem, or even if he is going to cut it here. He certainly has the pedigree and i thought he

would be a good signing but it looks like it just isnt going to work out for him for one reason or another.

Would like to see Naismith or Niguez get a run of games out there if anyone. Our lack of real width is a concern.

Very true, with Fleck before Aaron too. For me, Naismith keeps his place

Only Smith could make DMB at £700,000 a bad deal.

Could have been the best signing of the last 6 years if Smith could utilise a winger.

<cr>

I think you mean, if he could stay on his feet, have the gumption to try and beat a man and get a cross in, in fact, actually play like winger when he is on the field.

The guy makes Burke look like Ronaldo! One of the most disappointing singings in a while for me

And his comments to the press sound more like "fuck it, you are paying me whether you play me or not, and, am not shifting"