All this hype about selling 1 'superstar', I'd get rid of more than 1

Tontospal

Tin Hat on but I would have no problem if we carried out a significant squad overhaul this transfer window and I actually think that bringing in some new blood would help us in the title race.

I would try and get McGregor, Ferguson and McCulloch out for starters for an estimated 12m in total.

3m seems to be the magic cashflow figure to keep the bank happy or balance the books which would leave us with 9m for transfers and 50k a week in freed up wages.

Then there's the others that I wouldn't miss: Broadfoot, Dailly, Adam and Lafferty.

I doubt we'd get anything for Dailly but we'd surely get at least 1m for Broadfoot and Adam (perhaps more) and 2.5 for Lafferty, whilst freeing up another 30k a week?

I appreciate that 7 players out at this stage of the season would be a unique scenario but we have few midweek fixtures with the result that we have full weeks to practice in our world class facilities.

Getting rid of the 7 above would get approximately 15.5m in and savings of 70k a week, on top of what we've saved through Burke, JCD and Gow (probably) going.

That would probably take the wage savings over 100k a week from December.

That would leave the squad something like:

Keepers:Alexander & Smith

Defenders: Whittaker, Weir, Bougherra, Papac, Webster

Midfielders: Mendes, Davis, Hendami, Thomson (although injured), Edu

Wide Midfield/Attacking Players: Novo, Aaron, Naismith, Da Beasley, Fleck

Forwards: Miller, Boyd, Velicka

That would give us a squad of 19, which to be honest doesn't miss any of the above players in my view. I would then try and supplement it with the following:

Goalkeeper cover for Alexander

Right Back:

Left Back:

Centre Back

Attacking Left Winger/Midfielder

2 players I would certainly try and sign are Berra and Driver from Hearts who I feel would go straight in to the team nevermind the squad.

I would also try and get Miller from Aberdeen and would offer Velicka as part of the deal.

What would Berra and Driver go for? My estimate would be a combined fee of 5 - 6m and perhaps 1 - 1.5m for Miller after Velicka is thrown in?

That would still leave quite a bit to clear some of the debt and also get in a goalkeeper and 2 full backs.

Please excuse me for playing fantasy football with the squad.

Whilst I know that it would never happen I would have no problem with such a radical shake-up and would even suggest that it could help us towards the league title and improve the quality of play.

Of course the 3 stoogies would probably still make a mess of it.

You want to replace ordinary Scottish players with more ordinary Scottish players?

I don't think Berra is all that great and Driver splits any Hearts fans I know never mind paying a combined £6million for them both.

I appreciate your thinking but I'd like to see more imagination with our money even if all transfers represent a great risk.

Anguish. Replace rubbish with rubbish!

Christophe Berra, Andrew Driver and Lee Miller along with punting Kirk Broadfoot ahead of Steven Whittaker. Graeme Smith 2nd choice keeper, Neil Alexander number 1....

Driver and berra are worth no more than £4M between the two of them, I would want a replacement goalkeeper, possibly a bosman, as theres always a few floating about

two new fullbacks and a striker

theres no way all those players would go though and bearing in mind we just bought lafferty, cant see him going either

Anguish. Replace rubbish with rubbish!

Christophe Berra, Andrew Driver and Lee Miller along with punting Kirk Broadfoot ahead of Steven Whittaker. Graeme Smith 2nd choice keeper, Neil Alexander number 1....

It's all about opinions, as they say.

If better players are available then bring them in. I don't know what players are available but I certainly wouldn't be averse to taking some EPL youngsters on loan, signing some Eastern/Northern Europeans or even taking a chance on some promising Africans.

I happen to think that Berra and Driver could be good players for us. I'm not saying that they would certainly be superstars but I think they're worth a punt and certainly better than players thye would be replacing, namely Broadfoot and Adam. Berra is also a much better athlete than Weir and I think that would be more beneficial to us than Weir's experience.

As for Miller, I've been very impressed with him this season and I think he is a better all round forward than any at Ibrox. Again he would be replacing Velicka and I think we would have the better player.

Driver and berra are worth no more than £4M between the two of them, I would want a replacement goalkeeper, possibly a bosman, as theres always a few floating about

two new fullbacks and a striker

theres no way all those players would go though and bearing in mind we just bought lafferty, cant see him going either

I know it will never happen but I would have no problem if it did.

I don't know about the worth of Driver and Berra. I'm not sure what their contract positions are but if they still have a while to go and EPL clubs are in for them I think they would go for more than 4m.

I remember Mel Sterland coming in for a few months under SOuness and then being ounted despite scoring 2 goals against Hearts the day we won the title.

Lafferty has come in and shown little for me to think he has a big future at Rangers. As a result I would try and recover some of my money, if not all of it.

Only reason I suggested a lower value for Berra and Drivers is that hearts are cash strapped aswell, the first multimillions offer for the two of them could see them get sold, of course romanov would rather not sell to us