***Live Football Thread***

sneddon

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a god damn joke, the english muppets are going to rule this comp for years to come.

fucking joke it really is

Better than foriegn "muppets" ruling it.

Rule Britiania!!

The good old British mentality of setting up 7-2-1 and hoping for the odd break on the counter.

Liverpool strangled the game, but Madrid were awful. Robben was our only real threat and he was a marked man. Gago and Diarra as a middle two just aren't creative enough.

That's the season nearly as good over, providing Atletico do us a turn on Saturday by beating Barca. Well and truly gutted here.

A never watched the game so can't realy comment on it. But going by th scoreline Liverpool got there "odd break"

All rounded off by an attack on the Ultra Sur by the Spanish police.

Also, i'm getting close to despising Heinze. He's totally fucking useless. Gambling with slide tackles constantly and putting his own on the park squables ahead of the team, ie - giving away pointless free kicks just to 'get one back' over an opponent.

Ramos needs a reality check as well. He seems to think he's Paco Gento with the constant crossing.

Once again the top English sides are pissing all over the rest of Europe

Only Barca hold any hope of stopping them, and even that i doubt

3 1-0 wins and a goaless draw is "pissing all over the rest of Europe" lol

Every one of the 3 major football leagues in Europe has had its spell of dominance and this current English will go. The Italians had it in the 90's(making 6 consecutive finals), Spain at the turn of the century with Real, Valencia and Barca all regularly reaching the latter stages and ever since Liverpool won it, it has been the English sides.

Every one of the 3 major football leagues in Europe has had its spell of dominance and this current English will go. The Italians had it in the 90's(making 6 consecutive finals), Spain at the turn of the century with Real, Valencia and Barca all regularly reaching the latter stages and ever since Liverpool won it, it has been the English sides.

Post 2000, the Spaniards have been the most successful in the competition, winning it 3 times.

The Italian's and the English are next, both tied on 2 wins.

Dominance indeed.

Post 2000, the Spaniards have been the most successful in the competition, winning it 3 times.

Dominance indeed.

2000 - Real Madrid

2001 - Bayern Munich

2002 - Real Madrid

2003 - AC Milan

2004 - Porto

2005 - Liverpool(don't get me started :craphead: )

2006 - Barcelona

2007 - AC Milan

2008 - Man Utd

You're right. Dominance :pipe:

Dominance indeed.

Well England have had a finalist for the last four years now.

Dominance indeed.

First is everything, second is nothing.

Dominance indeed.

Exactly. I remember in 2007 when it was 3 English sides and Milan in the semi's, everyone was picking which English team would win it and they all counted out Milan... :D

Dominance indeed.

Of course, but it does highlight recent English success.