Fleck on his 1st team debut

Boab

Fleck Relishes First Start

JOHN FLECK was in dreamland tonight after helping Rangers beat Falkirk in what was his first start for Walter Smith's top team.

The 17-year-old was named man-of-the match after a terrific display and now hopes he can become a permanent feature in the manager's plans.

He said: "It was great to get a game against Falkirk and all the boys helped me through it

"I only found out that I was playing when the gaffer read the team earlier today although a few people had said that I would start.

"I wasn't expecting it but was really chuffed.

"There was definitely a few nerves before kick-off but I thought I did well in the early stages and then fell out of the game a wee bit midway through the first-half.

"In the second I got back into it and I'm just glad we got the win.

"To be named man of the match was pretty special and hopefully I have done enough to stay in the team."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1523914,00.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good solid debut from fleck. finaly sum 1 who will take a man on. i would have no problems playing him against the sheep hes more than capable of looking after himself. if only we had played him against the scum. he wud have tore hinkel to shreds. hope he stays in the team for the next old firm game

He deserves to stay in the team for Pittodrie

While I agree with the "if your good enough your old enough" sentiment I don't know if I would risk him at Pittodrie just yet.

I'd usually agree...but we just don't have anyone else! Pittodrie is a tough place for us to start a youngster, but we don't really have a choice.

I don't doubt his ability to perform at Pittodrie

My concern is that Aberdeens "finest" set out to do him in.

While I agree with the "if your good enough your old enough" sentiment I don't know if I would risk him at Pittodrie just yet.

I'd usually agree...but we just don't have anyone else! Pittodrie is a tough place for us to start a youngster, but we don't really have a choice.

At least he has some experience after coming on at Pittodrie last season.

I think a few are getting a bit carried away. Seen this all before with future "stars". Let's just take it slowly and see what happens, there is just as much chance he will be playing with Hamilton in 5 years as there is of him developing into a great player.

:541:

Mind the last time we had a young up and coming silky winger in our team going to the sheep pen?

Neil Simpson works with the kids at Aberdeen, I hope he's a reformed man.

I think a few are getting a bit carried away. Seen this all before with future "stars". Let's just take it slowly and see what happens, there is just as much chance he will be playing with Hamilton in 5 years as there is of him developing into a great player.

No theres not. John Fleck has shown for many years now he is a standout in Scottish football. He won't end up at Hamilton or any other shite.

Heard it all before. I hope he does well at Rangers, but it is far far too early to realistically tell. He's looking good, that's the best way to look at the player, let's wait and see what happens.

and put it this way, if he really does turn out superb...he ain't going to be around long with Murray in charge, is he?

John Fleck has the ability to be absolutely amazing

He got his first start today and at times looked the most composed player on the pitch

His intelligence , awareness and skill is simply outstanding for a 17year old

May this be the beginning of a long and great career

I don't doubt John Fleck ability, against the bigger teams in the SPL.

The Sky the limit for this boy, enjoy him while he still here (tu)

Maybe a bit doom and gloom so early in his career, but he will end up down south in a few years time.

Exactly that's my point, i don't mean he's leaving this week.