Fleck on his 1st team debut

Boab

What a debut, and what a difference it makes with a wide player who can beat a man (and not just one) and put in a great cross, he had a few great crosses and one excellent one in particular which boyd should have finished, overall great game for fleck and I hope we see more of him

when you put it into perspective, its weird that we are relying on a 17 year old, not fully, but as part of our team, a 17 year old, just fantastic really

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With who? We've not had anyone with this sort of talent at the club for years.

I'd actually say that Scotland hasn't had anybody with this sort of talent in years.

While guys like Hutton, McGregor, Burke & McCormack have been earmarked as" talents" I think I'm right to assume the majority hadn't heard of them when they were 13 or 14.

Fleck has been earmarked as a potential superstar since he went to high school.

Very good game from Fleck, showed some of the older heads how the game should be played.

What's his normal position?

The old "number 10" position. Just off the main striker like Bergkamp or Rooney IMO.

I quite agree.

He deserves to stay in the team for Pittodrie

While I agree with the "if your good enough your old enough" sentiment I don't know if I would risk him at Pittodrie just yet.

Looks like he can handle the rough stuff,reminds me of a young Wayne Rooney. (tu)

as soon as fans start questioning Murray, Murray Park and Walter's reluctance to play youngsters, John Fleck plays a whole 90 mins.

Very coincidental. Wonder who's trying to suck up the fans backside ??

if they listened to us from the beginning we'd be in a whole lot better shape. We have good players, playing horrid every week can only be blamed on the manager. Walter must step aside and go, his job is done and we need someone to take us forward, and its certainly NOT Ally McCoist.

Great to finally see a player who is willing to take the ball past a player and run down the line instead of cuttin in all the time. I thought hies delivery in the second half was quality! Also takes a decent corner too! At last we might have a left winger who actually has a left foot :D

He deserves to stay in the team for Pittodrie

:541:

Mind the last time we had a young up and coming silky winger in our team going to the sheep pen?

Neil Simpson works with the kids at Aberdeen, I hope he's a reformed man.

He was never a winger

Congrats too the wee man for an excellent performance today.

I don't think he'll play against the sheep though or should that be won't be risked. i reckon Walter will revert back to Naismith for the trip. A bit more experience can mean a lot especially away from home.

He will be a regular starter soon enough but we have to take it slowly too. Moyes did an excellent job of easing Rooney into the premier league. Hopefully Walter can learn from that.