Rangers fans praised for a change

minstral

Aberdeen and Rangers draw praise

The game was closely fought but there was no trouble off the pitch

Police have praised Aberdeen and Rangers fans after no arrests were made when the clubs played at the weekend.

Games between the two teams have been heated in the past.

Grampian Police said no arrests were made at the Pittodrie fixture on Saturday or in the city centre before or after the 0-0 game.

Superintendent Adrian Watson said: "I am delighted we did not have to resort to arrests in a fixture that has caused challenges in the past."

He explained: "As you can imagine, there is a great deal of planning that goes into such an event.

"Through meaningful partnership work between both clubs, we have reached a stage where it is a much safer experience for those attending a game and, of course, the many more that find themselves in the city centre area of Aberdeen on a match day.

"I would like to pass on my organisation's thanks to both sets of fans for showing such responsible behaviour."

Some people need a shake!

Of course its essentially "praise for not getting nicked", but, in this day and age, you could class that as a beginning, given we are usually crucified for far far far less important things. We need all the positive press we can get, however insignificant it may seem

We haven't had a supporter arrested in Aberdeen for some time now so why the Police have felt the need to come out with this i don't know. As Frankie says, it is simply patronising us.

The Rangers support was well behaved as always on Saturday. (tu)

correct but i wish someone would tell murray and his puppet smith we are a good support.

Of course its essentially "praise for not getting nicked", but, in this day and age, you could class that as a beginning, given we are usually crucified for far far far less important things. We need all the positive press we can get, however insignificant it may seem

hi mate thats what i thought. (tu)

Aye mate, thought it was pretty obvious. Perhaps some just like something to moan about?

From small acorns do large trees grow and all that

(tu) Good press is always welcome. Some people on here are just never happy or only happy being negative :21: .

What I saw both outside and in the ground was that the polis and stewards were operating a low key approach. Before at pittrodrie they are usually right in our faces dragging folk out for standing and singing, this is possibly due to the fact some of Glasgows finest were drafted in as well as Glaswegian stewards.

Also any good news coming from Aberdeen is got to be good, after all those casual nuggets are always chasing us around niggling us then vanishing when it all kicks off, leaving us to get lifted, and getting bad press.

I agree completely. The drip drip drip effect of negative stories against us the last few years has been made up of a lot of small stories just like this, so when the opposite happens it should be looked upon favourably. If we can continually get small stories showing us in a positive light over the next few years we can reverse the bad way in which we are thought of around the country.