Loan Update

Poetry_In_Blue

Furman, Shinnie, McLachlan and Loy have all officially extended their loan deals until the end of the season, not sure what their different contracts are but I do know Furman's contract with Rangers run out end of this season, hopefully there is a clause in place that he just can't leave?

Furman is with Bradford City, Shinnie with Dundee, McLachlan is at Airdrie and Loy is at Dunferlime. Interesting to note since McLachlan joined Airdrie they haven't lost a match, and there are continued good reports from Bradfor about Furman, not sure how the others are getting on.

McMillan is already at Hamilton for the rest of the season, my concern with him is, his contract is only until 2010, but he should get a further extension of contract with Rangers.

Lowing, Emslie, Kinniburgh, Gallacher and Lennon all return to Rangers this month in time for the re-start of the reserve league.

Cheers (tu)

Stevie Smith to St Mirren too :unsure:

Not confirmed yet, he is classed as a senior player and has much higher wages, the issue at the moment is St Mirren can't afford to meet those wages and hope Rangers will subsidise them to a certain degree.

Would make sense for us to do so. We'd be getting at least some of his wages of the bill and he'd be getting first team games. With Broadfoot, Whittaker and Papac all ahead of him there's not much chance of him playing for us this season.

Cheers (tu)

Stevie Smith to St Mirren too :unsure:

Not confirmed yet, he is classed as a senior player and has much higher wages, the issue at the moment is St Mirren can't afford to meet those wages and hope Rangers will subsidise them to a certain degree.

Would make sense for us to do so. We'd be getting at least some of his wages of the bill and he'd be getting first team games. With Broadfoot, Whittaker and Papac all ahead of him there's not much chance of him playing for us this season.

(tu)

Also out of contract end of this season, will give us the chance to decide wether or not to offer a new contract or let him leave for free.

Furman, Shinnie, McLachlan and Loy have all officially extended their loan deals until the end of the season, not sure what their different contracts are but I do know Furman's contract with Rangers run out end of this season, hopefully there is a clause in place that he just can't leave?

Furman is with Bradford City, Shinnie with Dundee, McLachlan is at Airdrie and Loy is at Dunferlime. Interesting to note since McLachlan joined Airdrie they haven't lost a match, and there are continued good reports from Bradfor about Furman, not sure how the others are getting on.

McMillan is already at Hamilton for the rest of the season, my concern with him is, his contract is only until 2010, but he should get a further extension of contract with Rangers.

Lowing, Emslie, Kinniburgh, Gallacher and Lennon all return to Rangers this month in time for the re-start of the reserve league.

I'd be fucked right off if we let Furman go at the end of the season for nothing and kept McCulloch. Extremely fucked off...

I'd be fucked right off if we let Furman go at the end of the season for nothing and kept McCulloch. Extremely fucked off...

If we let Furman go - I would not be surprised at all. I hope I am wrong though.

Past experiences tell me that young Gers players who go out on loan are rarely brought back and given a chance. The glaring exception being Charlie Adam. doh

Allan McGregor went on loan twice.

That's true. I fear the same wont be true of most of the current crop of loan Rangers though.

Past experiences tell me that young Gers players who go out on loan are rarely brought back and given a chance. The glaring exception being Charlie Adam. doh

Allan McGregor went on loan twice.

That's true. I fear the same wont be true of most of the current crop of loan Rangers though.

Most young players at every club don't make it big.

I have a strong feeling that Smith will sell Ferrguson on Monday and recall Furman to take over his CM role! (tu)

The weather is very fair & bright up here on my planet, Rangers are 12 points clear too! :D

i have a lot of m8s tht are bradford fans and they desribe him as a 'class act for league 2'

and he's not tht young i personally having seen him play dont think he is good enuff, these guys who see him reguraly dont think he is good enuff

so dont understand why u all rate him soo highly ???

as for the rest of them cant say i have seen tht much of the rest

LOAN Ranger Willie McLachlan has told the Advertiser he is loving life at Airdrie United after signing until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old full-back will play a key role in the Diamonds’ fight against relegation after parent club Rangers agreed to extend his deal at New Broomfield.

And the Rutherglen-born defender has admitted top-team action with Airdrie beats Reserve League football at Ibrox hands down.

He said: “I’m loving it here. It is great to play competitive games and be up against good teams.

“I feel I am becoming stronger as a player and because the game is quicker, I feel I am getting sharper as well.

“It is a lot more enjoyable playing in the first division as you are playing for a purpose.

“The Reserve League is mostly about development and you could find yourself in the team one week and out the next. Rangers are happy for me to be here and I am happy to stay.”

McLachlan, who was man-of-the-match in the 1-0 win over Dundee at the weekend, insists the Diamonds are in good shape to avoid the drop.

He added: “I felt we did well and deserved the win on Saturday.

“We play some good football and pass the ball well and I don’t think we should be where we are in the league.”

Airdrie gaffer Kenny Black reckons the addition of McLachlan has played a part in winger Steven McDougall’s improvement in form.

“I’m delighted that Willie will remain here and I think his performance on Saturday showed why we were keen to keep him,” he said.

“He has shown a great deal of maturity and a willingness to get forward and I think he and Steven have struck up a good understanding on the right-hand side.”

Black is still on the hunt for a striker but admits he won’t bring in players no better than what he already has at his disposal.

And he says there could still be a future at Airdrie for hitman Stuart Noble, currently on loan at second division Alloa Athletic.

He said: “If another striker option became available, then we would maybe look at that, but I am quite relaxed about things at the moment.

“Stuart may come back from Alloa a more confident, sharper player having played some games, so we have to take that into account as well.

“Any players who come in have to be the right ones in the right positions and even when the transfer window closes, there is still the option of bringing in emergency loans.”

Airdrie host Partick Thistle this weekend looking to extend their unbeaten run to seven matches.

Black added: “I always felt this would be an important period in the season and we are on the coat tails of the pack now.

“But it is going to take a lot more results like Saturday’s if we are to stay in the first division.”

Captain Paul Lovering was scheduled to play for the reserves last night as he continues his rehabilitation from knee surgery.

Meanwhile, sports scientist Ian Coll has left the Diamonds to become strengthening and conditioning coach with Celtic’s under-19 squad.

Boss Black said: “It was a great opportunity for him and we couldn’t stand in his way. He leaves with our best wishes.”

Thanks for the info man.....be interesting to see how many of the loan signings come back... Furman came on last season for a 2nd half and did very well and would be surprised if his contract wasnt extended.

Young Efrem joined Dundee on loan today.

This will be an interesting one. He has a lot, and i mean a lot of talent, but he's always been on the slight side. Dundee is a good move for him.

I'll be able to get updates on Efrem, have a few mates who are Dundee ST holders. Good move for him and if he's anywhere near as successful as Shinnie, then he'll be doing a good job.

I'll be able to get updates on Efrem, have a few mates who are Dundee ST holders. Good move for him and if he's anywhere near as successful as Shinnie, then he'll be doing a good job.

How is Shinnie getting on there, Muff?

How is Shinnie getting on there, Muff?

Pretty good, the Dundee fans I have spoken to have been pretty impressed, especially with his touch and work rate. They say he gets the crowd on their feet and some of his runs have let to important goals and freekicks.

The younger ones, seem to really like him.