Best ever individual performance from a Rangers player?

TMWWBK

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Shaggers performane v Werder Bremen and THAT save that put us through. Wattie said it was the best goalkeeping performance he'd ever seen.

I'm not a big fan, but yes, that save was special.

Not a patch on Goram's spot kick save from Van Hooijdonk. :P

But nah, it was a special save, it was the moment that you 'looked back upon' when it came to the UEFA Cup run.

Still think it was pure reflex and that most GK's would have done the same thing. :ph34r:

Agree with nvager here.

Baxter v England in 1963? (Wembley) (He was the first to score against Banks? Penalty kick. very cool) and the 1967 match when we took the piss out of the English.

Baxter was the best player on the planet when he was on - and back then he usually was. The video of slim Jim quotes Pele saying that he considered Baxter in the same class as himself.

Since we're into international football now, Beckham against Greece has to be up there.

yeah.. one thing I'll say about Becks --- he showed up for the big matches. Never shirked his responsibilities and could always score THE goal (Portugal aside).

Is Broadfoot taking care of Becks on Wed? ffs they are on the same pitch! sorry off topic.

Indeeed, he saved Sven's ass on that particular night. Apparently he may be injured on Wednesday which is ironic given the whole 'Beckham mania' stuff.

How about Klos against Celtic several times? He was the only player who turned up for us in Old Firm games for a spell.

I sadly didn't follow Rangers during the Laudrup/Gazza period, but I would have loved to have been able to witness the majesty of both players.

For me, Cuellar's performance against Fiorentina in Italy is the one performance that sticks out in my mind. He was absolutely epic that day, and I honestly believe for that day he could've taken care of almost any player no matter the team. He was untouchable.

How about Shaggers performane v Werder Bremen and THAT save that put us through. Wattie said it was the best goalkeeping performance he'd ever seen.

But nah, it was a special save, it was the moment that you 'looked back upon' when it came to the UEFA Cup run.

Still think it was pure reflex and that most GK's would have done the same thing. :ph34r:

Goram's save from the Van Hooijdonk volley from 6 yards out was also unbelievable.

Goram's save from the Van Hooijdonk volley from 6 yards out was also unbelievable.

All great -- we've been very, very lucky in our history to have fantastic 'keepers.

Probably not a popular choice but I thought Fergie's performance at home against Villareal is up there with the best i've seen from a gers player. He played Riquelme off the park that night forcing him to play out wide left just to get away from him.

my personal belief was that michael mols had not suffered that injury agaisnt bayern after 25 minutes, we would have witnessed one of the greatest ever performance by a ranger. Even though we lost, that game is still in my top 5 rangers games in the last 22 years. Goram agaisnt leeds away deserves a shout way better than klos or mcgregor.

For me:

Gazza v Aberdeen to win the league

Goram v Tommy Burns Celtic 95/96, take your pick of any game that season

Butcher v Sheep at Pittodrie 86/87 - A real Captains performance after Souness let the troops down

Laudrup v Hearts and Vladikavkas - Extra, extra special

Ones that particularly stick out........

That save is etched in my mind along with Shaggers vs Werder Bremen.