Applauding Kaka's goal

covenanter

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had I been at the game I'd have applauded for four reasons.

a) He applauded the fans 1st which shows respect.

b) It was a wonderful goal

c) He's a good protestant :ph34r:

d) He knocked the monobrows out of the CL

Had I been at the game I'd have applauded for four reasons.

a) He applauded the fans 1st which shows respect.

b) It was a wonderful goal

c) He's a good protestant :ph34r:

d) He knocked the monobrows out of the CL

Tautology! admin.gif

;)

I didnt clap at first. I was raging we lost the goal. :mad:

A lot of fans applauded him straight after the goal. That's OK in a friendly I suppose.

Then Kaka clapped back at our fans in appreciation.

I clapped then. Respect big man. (tu)

Surprised the mhedia don't say we only applauded because he isn't an RC :rolleyes:

He's not? Almost 80% of Brazilians are, but I know the number of protestants are rising in Brazil. He's one of those?

Yup he's 100% Prod all right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kak%C3%A1#Per...fe_and_religion

The current Chief Sports Writer of the Herald(and former RC priest), Hugh MacDonald embarrassed himself and his publication a couple of years past. He went big on KaKa's public display of his Christianity, and the fact that he donates a considerable percentage of his earnings to THE church. Of course, Hugh assumed it was his perception of the definitive church, and portrayed Kaka as the epitome of a conscienous catholic.

Remember Hugh, if you are accurate, you will be objective.

Its absolutely ridiculous that some would question the level of decency shown by those who applauded a great goal by a great player. Its attitudes like that that damage our club and provide fuel and reason for those who oppose us.

would you applaud a celtic player.

Its absolutely ridiculous that some would question the level of decency shown by those who applauded a great goal by a great player. Its attitudes like that that damage our club and provide fuel and reason for those who oppose us.

would you applaud a celtic player.

probably not but that's another issue altogether. he's a decent guy, one of the top 3 players in the world, he joked and had a laugh with fans in the broomloan front when he was warming up so when he scored a fine goal he got a deserved round of applause. what the hell is wrong with that? and why do you keep asking about celtic? you are making yourself look like a paranoid tim the way you keep bringing them up!

does your reasoning mean that if you wouldn't applaud a celtic goal you can't applaud a milan goal in a non-competative match?

we were playing milan in a friendly! it is likely we would all be too dissapointed if we lost a goal against celtic to applaud it no matter how good it was, but i would like to think if kaka played for celtic i wouldn't start hating him and could still appreciate his ability. guys like you can't do that.

not everyone wearing a blue shirt is a god. not everyone wearing green and white shirt is a devil. boruc, mcgeady, lennon and caldwell are complete pricks. maloney isn't. kris boyd and mcgregor are complete pricks. pedro mendez and sasa papac are not.

it is still sport. not live or death. sport.

I think Milan generally proved themselves to be a class act on and off the pitch.

Before and after the game all we have heard are compliments from the Milan camp. They have praised Ibrox itself - the passion of the fans/ the atmosphere - our UEFA Cup run - they even praised our players. Beckham posed with a Gers top; Gattuso came out and did half time draw/presentation; Kaka scored and had the dignity to applaud the Rangers crowd (which reciprocated etc). On the pitch they tried to entertain with Ronaldinho in particular a joy to watch with all the tricks/flicks etc and of course Beckham, Pirlo, Kaka, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Seerdorf, Flamini etc all played the game the way most of us want to see it played. And they stood off tackles a bit - witness the Beasley goal - normally in a game that matters Beasley or the ball would've been ten feet in the air rather than getting 2/3 bites at the cherry etc.

It was a good moment when Kaka applauded Ibrox and Ibrox applauded Kaka - but for me it just typified the professionalism and class of a club like AC Milan. They were perfect ambassadors for the game, old school, dignified on and off the park. They never had a single negative word to say, only good things about the Rangers.

That is how it should be done. AC Milan - I doff my cap.

These parallels that people are trying to make with Wednesday's game and competitive action are ridiculous.

Correct - look at the bigger picture, wee Rino would have been bumming us up to the AC players, telling them that we were the best fans in the world, after this week we will have confirmed exactly that.

WATP