***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

Velicka has a 1 goal every 2 games stat for us. FACT.

Should he play every week?

You sit there talking about the teams he has scored against, thats the SPL by the way, they are in our league, we have to play them doh

Where was our almighty strikers last season in our 3 important away ties against hibs (0-0) motherwell (1-1) and aberdeen (0-0)

So much for that then

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You sit there talking about the teams he has scored against, thats the SPL by the way, we have to play them doh

That's ridiculous though, because that's 2 games. What sort of sample is that ?

The guys on this thread have worked out their stats from thousands of minutes of football, taken over the course of 2 different seasons.

missed the game usual pish from him a game, no goal to paper over the cracks of a poor poor footballer

He so lazy and looks overweight, Kenny and Ally had a strong word with him when he was changing his boots in the 1st half.

Honestly at times i felt like chucking my pie at him to see if he does actually move ;)

You sit there talking about the teams he has scored against, thats the SPL by the way, we have to play them doh

That's ridiculous though, because that's 2 games. What sort of sample is that ?

The guys on this thread have worked out their stats from thousands of minutes of football, taken over the course of 2 different seasons.

Yet people are willing to go on about boyd missing 2 games (hibs and celtic) where we won, and then go on and say we dont need him, the same team that lost to st mirren by the way and I havent even mentioned his omission from the kaunus game

Thought he did ok today, certainly worked hard, had a couple of his own chances as per usual and set up a couple of chances for others.

Nothing fantastic, not poor either (tu)

Some would chop your head off for saying that though, if they keep saying otherwise, maybe others will start to believe it regardless of how well or poorly he plays

Yet people are willing to go on about boyd missing 2 games (hibs and celtic) where we won, and then go on and say we dont need him, the same team that lost to st mirren by the way

You can use individual games as an example, based on an opinion based over a long period of time. If Boyd scores you might say.....see ? And if he doesn't in one game I might say.....see ?

But these stats aren't just one game or two games or three.......as I've said, it's thousands of minutes of football, taken over two seasons. There is no picking or choosing certain games. We score more without him, we concede less without him.

Just the usual arguments then.

No goals and he's pretty useless, only those bias to the point of stupidity don't agree.

You will find that the supposed 'anti-Boyd' posters can quite happily come on and congratulate him for a good game, but the usual 'pro-Boyd' posters can't come on and say that he has had a poor game. Weird that ;)

Still, I'll take it from ScotBear, Eck and DBBTB (Three very balanced posters) that he wasn't at his best yet again today.

Honestly, one of the worst performances I've seen from him in a Rangers jersey. The two times towards the end of the game when he just booted the ball off the pitch were the final nail in the coffin. Pathetic.

Ah, so when weir, papac and mcgregor do it, its fantastic clearances to try and waste some time, yet when boyd does it, its a pathetic effort. This is what we are up against :rolleyes:

I honestly couldn't care less who he's scored against. I don't take 'scored more goals' or 'conceded less goals' stats seriously because it's a TEAM game. The goals that are conceded/not scored with Boyd in the team are not just his fault, it's a team game and they all must take responsibility. Win as a team, draw as a team, lose as a team.

Funny how people see things...............on todays game my opinion for what its worth was Boyd was poor I,ve never seen a lazier player in a Gers strip.

Hes needing a good kick in the stones if his attitude doesnt change am afraid his future at Rangers my be short, if the balls not at or near his foot he just wont move, sorry Boydie its not enough. Noticed time and again today when midfielders got the ball he just wouldnt move into space so our players could shove the ball to him he just stood static,with Hamilton players around him so it was pointless giving it to him, I,m not looking for him to do the running Miller does but when we have the ball in forward areas he has to make it easier for our midfielders to part with the ball, get yer finger oot Bide an day sumit fur the team.

Honestly, one of the worst performances I've seen from him in a Rangers jersey. The two times towards the end of the game when he just booted the ball off the pitch were the final nail in the coffin. Pathetic.

Ah, so when weir, papac and mcgregor do it, its fantastic clearances to try and waste some time, yet when boyd does it, its a pathetic effort. This is what we are up against :rolleyes:

Ye but the difference is they were Shots . :ph34r:

This thread is broing now.

Constant swings and roundabouts from the same people.

I don't like Mastermind......so I don't watch it ;)

At least it can all be kept to one thread now, and if you click on it, you know what you're getting ! :)

No goals and he's pretty useless, only those bias to the point of stupidity don't agree.

You will find that the supposed 'anti-Boyd' posters can quite happily come on and congratulate him for a good game, but the usual 'pro-Boyd' posters can't come on and say that he has had a poor game. Weird that ;)

Still, I'll take it from ScotBear, Eck and DBBTB (Three very balanced posters) that he wasn't at his best yet again today.

He wasnt at his best, I will admit that, but he certainly wasnt dire and certainly didnt show signs of a poor footballer, as he did in forfar. He was looking to get involved, won more headers than anyone else (bar our defenders) and i cant remember if it was his turn and shot which led to a corner we scored from or that large succession of corners we had. He also, despite being a fat lazy bastard (:rolleyes:) managed to play a good 1-2 with davis in the ending moments which davis should have done better with. He was a lot better than he has been and so was miller, it seems we are a lot more dangerous when the two are playing well and the two of them did pretty well today, they just had a lack of support from other areas of the park

I've already criticised Weir for his aimless punts. The difference is that booting the ball away from defence gives us time to re-organise and stops us conceding a goal. When you're near the corner flag or deep in the opponent's half, booting the ball into the stand or off the side of the pitch (because you're too slow to catch it) gives possession straight back, and gives them another chance to regroup and attack.

edit: and please, disagree with me all you want, but don't imply I'm being overly negative for no reason or that I have an agenda. It just makes you look bitter, and from what posts of yours I've read you come across as a reasonable guy.

Ye but the difference is they were Shots . :ph34r:

Ah, I was getting mixed up with boyds clearances in the ending minutes, I guess his 1-2 with davis was just as pathetic? granted the pass back to davis could have been better, davis should have scored

I've always considered myself balanced despite being a fan of Boyd's. Like i've already posted i thought he did OK and put in the effort, i'm not saying he was sensational.

Certainly don't think i'm bias to the point of stupidity. :anguish:

Funny how people see things...............on todays game my opinion for what its worth was Boyd was poor I,ve never seen a lazier player in a Gers strip.

Hes needing a good kick in the stones if his attitude doesnt change am afraid his future at Rangers my be short, if the balls not at or near his foot he just wont move, sorry Boydie its not enough. Noticed time and again today when midfielders got the ball he just wouldnt move into space so our players could shove the ball to him he just stood static,with Hamilton players around him so it was pointless giving it to him, I,m not looking for him to do the running Miller does but when we have the ball in forward areas he has to make it easier for our midfielders to part with the ball, get yer finger oot Bide an day sumit fur the team.

There was a point when the ball got away from him, he ran for it, slid, got it out from the opposing player, picked up the ball, ran with it and preceded to go forward with the ball, before looking around, given a lack of support, he eventually passed the ball, he was as static as miller today, the two of them, off the ball didnt do a lot of chasing down together, it was usually one or the other

Miller and Boyd were as crap as each other today. Mainly because they're two crap footballers.

Boyd won a couple of decent headers in the air, but was poor overall. We looked very toothless at times.

There was a point when the ball got away from him, he ran for it, slid, got it out from the opposing player, picked up the ball, ran with it and preceded to go forward with the ball, before looking around, given a lack of support, he eventually passed the ball, he was as static as miller today, the two of them, off the ball didnt do a lot of chasing down together, it was usually one or the other

To be fair, the tackle went in because his original touch was so bad.

This thread is broing now.

Constant swings and roundabouts from the same people.

I don't like Mastermind......so I don't watch it ;)

At least it can all be kept to one thread now, and if you click on it, you know what you're getting ! :)

Shit, i was meaning to click the thread above!