***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

At least Miller runs about at times. When Boyd isn't scoring and in a mood, he is fucking woeful, an absolute liability.

Thankfully Wally has noticed this in the tougher games, he just needs to see it all the time now.

The Boyd we saw after the Burley fall-out was the one I expect to see for the majority of a season, not a month to a month and a half. He's only got himself to blame. He now looks like he's put on the weight again and is becoming too lazy. He just doesn't realise how lucky he is.

Boyd runs about too, infact he had been doing a lot that when miller had been playing poor for that long spell he had

As obvious as it may be, Boyd was left isolated up front on his own for the last 5-10 minutes of the first half and for long spells of the second half too

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's not developed as a footballler anywhere near as much as he should have in his 4 years at the club.

Can't argue with that!

It obviously can't be denied he came to the club as a goal poacher and has pretty much remained a goal poacher. Rightly or wrongly perhaps he just sees himself as a goalscorer.

At least Miller runs about at times. When Boyd isn't scoring and in a mood, he is fucking woeful, an absolute liability.

Thankfully Wally has noticed this in the tougher games, he just needs to see it all the time now.

The Boyd we saw after the Burley fall-out was the one I expect to see for the majority of a season, not a month to a month and a half. He's only got himself to blame. He now looks like he's put on the weight again and is becoming too lazy. He just doesn't realise how lucky he is.

Boyd runs about too, infact he had been doing a lot that when miller had been playing poor for that long spell he had

As obvious as it may be, Boyd was left isolated up front on his own for the last 5-10 minutes of the first half and for long spells of the second half too

Boyd never bothered to move his arse against St. Johnstone, Falkirk, Dundee United, Forfar, Kilmarnock and he was lazy for a lot of the time against Hamilton.

His performances against Dundee United and especially Forfar were an absolute disgrace.

He's not developed as a footballler anywhere near as much as he should have in his 4 years at the club.

Can't argue with that!

It obviously can't be denied he came to the club as a goal poacher and has pretty much remained a goal poacher. Rightly or wrongly perhaps he just sees himself as a goalscorer.

Easy way out imo - his touch, distribution, movement, weight, sharpness....had hardly improved since his Killie days. Moving to a club like Rangers should help improve your all round game.

Can't argue with that!

Easy way out imo - his touch, distribution, movement, weight, sharpness....had hardly improved since his Killie days. Moving to a club like Rangers should help improve your all round game.

Couple of Kilmarnock fans i know pretty much told me not to expect much from him as a footballer but to expect a helluva lot of goals. I had an idea of him anyway but hearing it from people who watched him every week confirmed it. At the time of the transfer i didn't care as i was just relieved we were finally buying a goalscorer, i put little thought into his all round game until he'd been year for over a year. I don't know what to think now, i don't know what his mentality is. But in his Rangers TV interview this week he talked about Miller giving so much more to the team than goals which in some ways was him saying he doesn't himself?

Can't argue with that!

Couple of Kilmarnock fans i know pretty much told me not to expect much from him as a footballer but to expect a helluva lot of goals. I had an idea of him anyway but hearing it from people who watched him every week confirmed it. At the time of the transfer i didn't care as i was just relieved we were finally buying a goalscorer, i put little thought into his all round game until he'd been year for over a year. I don't know what to think now, i don't know what his mentality is. But in his Rangers TV interview this week he talked about Miller giving so much more to the team than goals which in some ways was him saying he doesn't himself?

I can't believe he meant that at all. If there's one thing Boyd doesn't lack is self-belief. He thinks he's a wold beater, probably his biggest problem IMO. That's why he'll never improve the way he should, because he honestly doesn't believe he has to, he just takes the huff when he plays shite and tries to pass the blame by having a moan.

Compare him to other players in other leagues, his style of play and his shooting stats, I'd expect more than the 21 which he has.

He is reaching figures , no player has for a while now in Rangers colours. Surely if were winning with him in team and his goals, why change it?

I have said plenty times no other player in the striker department of our team is capable of his goals , so no point moaning about it until maybe summer, transfer activity time.

in due time he will beat Larsson's spl record and McCoist's club record both considered legends if given the chance. but that's not good enough because he is deemed lazy and moody.

I hope he doesn't get the chance to break McCoist's record. I hope he's moved on in the summer, then we can move on as a team.

No Boyd doesn't mean we wont score. We'll score, play better football and win.

It's as simple as this- If Kris Boyd worked hard on the negative side of his game he would be worth £5m-£10m in tody's current climate.

Look at Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Hernan Crespo for example, 2 goalscorers (similar to Boyd) but over the years thy have put the effort in to improve their all round game and they have been rewarded for it.

in due time he will beat Larsson's spl record and McCoist's club record both considered legends if given the chance. but that's not good enough because he is deemed lazy and moody by many.

And we've won two diddy cups in four years with all his important goals.

Imagine how many he could have scored and set up if he'd spent the last four years on the training ground improving his game.

I'd swap 60 of Boyd's goals v Killie, St Mirren, Caley etc for 10 in the CL, UEFA Cup or against the scum when it REALLY mattered.

It's as simple as this- If Kris Boyd worked hard on the negative side of his game he would be worth £5m-£10m in tody's current climate.

Look at Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Hernan Crespo for example, 2 goalscorers (similar to Boyd) but over the years thy have put the effort in to improve their all round game and they have been rewarded for it.

If my auntie had a boaby.......

It's too much like hard work for him, he always opts for the easy route and one day that will eventually come back to bite him on the arse - that day can't come quick enough imho.

It's too much like hard work for him, he always opts for the easy route and one day that will eventually come back to bite him on the arse - that day can't come quick enough imho.

For all we know he could play a huge part in us winning the title this season.

I'm a Kris Boyd fan- but only for his goals. He's 6"3, 13stone but every match fails to use his physique and win balls in the air.

If he didn't score half the goals he does he wouldn't get on for most Scottish 3rd division teams.