***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

I wonder if anyone wouldn't take the £3.8 million Birmingham offered us for Boyd now?

My opinion hasn't changed. He's been on a poor run of form recently so doesn't deserve to be starting games and he deserves to be fined if he's had a tantrum about team selection, but that doesn't mean i want him to leave the club.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if anyone wouldn't take the £3.8 million Birmingham offered us for Boyd now?

I would take £3.80 for him!

I don't see us getting an offer like that again unless there is someone completely off their head like Big Red. There are so many better strikers around for the same price or even less!

I'd rather go for someone like Ebanks-Blake, Jermaine Beckford, Matt Fryatt, Chris Iwelumo, Jason Scotland, Ross McCormack, Mackail-Smith, Aaron McLean, Nathan Tyson....than blow a few million on Kris Boyd.

For the amount of chances Boyd has, he doesn't score enough IMO. Guys like McLean, Fryatt, Mackail-Smith....would score just as many up in Scotland, if not more along with helping their team mates out.

He'll still probably get 30+ this season and his previous season tallies have been as much as you could expect given that he started a lot less games.

Boyd's a goalscorer, nobody can argue with that aspect of his game. He was even a great goalscorer for an average SPL club.

He'll still probably get 30+ this season and his previous season tallies have been as much as you could expect given that he started a lot less games.

Boyd's a goalscorer, nobody can argue with that aspect of his game. He was even a great goalscorer for an average SPL club.

And no-one does argue with it.

It's the fact that he's severely lacking in almost every other area of his game, sadly.

We'll get decent offers, some managers will look at his goals and decide they want a goalscorer. We all know about his all round game but some managers might just be desperate for a goalscorer.

Plenty clubs and managers have been desperate for a goalscorer and only on two occassions have a club come in for Boyd - Dave Jones at Cardiff and Big Red. That say's it all.

These days managers are not only looking for players who can hit the back of the net but players who have a decent amount of ability. Could you imagine Boyd in the Premiership, Championship or in leagues like Ligue 1, La Liga, Super Lig, Bundesliga....?

He's never going to win a move to a Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs, Portsmouth, Blackburn....he'd struggle to get a game at a club like Stoke, WBA, Wolves, Birmingham, Burnley....and he'd be useless in a bottom 10 Championship side.

He is at the perfect club, just a pity he's still not realised that.

We'll get decent offers, some managers will look at his goals and decide they want a goalscorer. We all know about his all round game but some managers might just be desperate for a goalscorer.

Plenty clubs and managers have been desperate for a goalscorer and only on two occassions have a club come in for Boyd - Dave Jones at Cardiff and Big Red. That say's it all.

These days managers are not only looking for players who can hit the back of the net but players who have a decent amount of ability. Could you imagine Boyd in the Premiership, Championship or in leagues like Ligue 1, La Liga, Super Lig, Bundesliga....?

He's never going to win a move to a Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs, Portsmouth, Blackburn....he'd struggle to get a game at a club like Stoke, WBA, Wolves, Birmingham, Burnley....and he'd be useless in a bottom 10 Championship side.

Maybe he has.

It comes across to me that he's thinking that he's made it in life and doesn't have to improve any further, which is so far from the truth.

Maybe he has.

It comes across to me that he's thinking that he's made it in life and doesn't have to improve any further, which is so far from the truth.

I doubt that's his mentality, whatever you may think of him Papa he won't be happy to sit on the bench at Celtic Park and in European games. There's no way Boyd will consider himself to be be in a comfort zone at Rangers, he's been in and out of the team too much for that.

Maybe he has.

I doubt that's his mentality, whatever you may think of him Papa he won't be happy to sit on the bench at Celtic Park and in European games. There's no way Boyd will consider himself to be be in a comfort zone at Rangers, he's been in and out of the team too much for that.

So why has he not got his finger out and his head down, worked on his all-round game and shown to everyone that he does deserve to play in these games?

Maybe he has.

Why has he not worked on improving himself then?

He's had four years to improve his all-round game, yet he hasn't managed to do it. He's nearly 26 so it's make or break time for him.

Maybe he has.

So why has he not got his finger out and his head down, worked on his all-round game and shown to everyone that he does deserve to play in these games?

I get the impression he thinks, rightly or wrongly, that his goals will merit him a place in the side.

Obviously none of us can read Boyd's mind but when Smith reads out the team sheet for an Old Firm or European game he won't be thinking: "lovely, i'm on the bench, i can just sit back and relax now."

I get the impression he thinks, rightly or wrongly, that his goals will merit him a place in the side.

Obviously none of us can read Boyd's mind but when Smith reads out the team sheet for an Old Firm or European game he won't be thinking: "lovely, i'm on the bench, i can just sit back and relax now."

If that's the case, then the guy has issues.

I'd be working my balls off to prove the manager wrong and it's abundantly clear that he's doing no work whatsoever.

So he should be out there proving everyone wrong.

If Boyd thinks his goals are good enough to merit a place in the team then he is living in a fantasy land - what does he bring to the side when he doesn't score....absolutely fuck all. So he can have no complaints about being benched!

If that's the case, then the guy has issues.

I'd be working my balls off to prove the manager wrong and it's abundantly clear that he's doing no work whatsoever.

When i read his interviews i get the impression he mainly bases his game around goals, comments like "i'm disappointed if i don't get my goal" or something along those lines suggest it.

I have to admit that's not the right attitude to have.

So he should be out there proving everyone wrong.

If Boyd thinks his goals are good enough to merit a place in the team then he is living in a fantasy land - what does he bring when he doesn't score....absolutely fuck all. So he can have no complaints about being benched!

If Boyd does think that, then he would surely understand that his LACK of goals v Celtic means that he's getting dropped for Sunday.

He's got absolutely no right to either a) start the Cup Final or b) start a fight with the manager over being left out for it, if he is indeed judging himself by his past record.

I've always been under the impression there has been some sort of personality clash between Smith and Boyd since the beginning of last season. Even when Boyd scored the 2 goals that saved us an embarrassing defeat to United in the CIS Cup final and then went on to score the winning penalty, Smith failed to acknowledge Boyd's contribution, when usually any other manager would have been lording him up to the high heavens for winning Rangers the cup and having the token photograph with the match winner that is often the case in these situations. He then doesn't acknowledge Boyd again after his goals in the Scottish Cup final. It can be argued, that Boyd saved Watties job with the two cups he won us last year, Smiths under enough pressure as it is with these to trophies, can you imagine the people calling for his head just now after our dismal performances in certain league games this season and the Kaunas debacle? I can't help but think Boyds contribution in the cups last season saved Wattie big time.

It is very rarely you hear Walter praising Smith, despite the fact, Boydies goals have kept us in the hunt(I don't buy into the argument that anyone could have scored these goals.), praising him for his contribution this season in terms of goals without adding a negative on the end of every sentence. The way Boyd was treated in January was shocking from Smith, the stance over the transfer saga, where it looked as though Boyd was being forced out from my view and Smith showing no loyalty to the big man, but when it came to Mendes I'm sure he'd have pleaded to Murray not to let go of him(and rightly so.)

We also seen Boyd dropped from the starting line-up at Pittodrie and Parkhead, which to me seemed very unjust and demoralising for him. I can't believe that no one can see how the events of January are primarily the reason for Boyd going off form, after a phenomenal first half of the season. Your not going to raise the guys morale by dropping him for games and showing little faith in him, it's only going to make the problem worse.

I can't see Boyd staying at the end of the season. But I think if he goes the only people missing him will be Rangers. Theres only one person I'd like to see move on at the end of the season, and it isnt Boyd. Maybe it's time for Wattie to make a permanent move up the stairs and hand the reigns over to someonelse who has better man management skills... and tactical skills! I'd like to hope Boyd does a Coisty and bides his time til the current manager does the off.

I've always been under the impression there has been some sort of personality clash between Smith and Boyd since the beginning of last season. Even when Boyd scored the 2 goals that saved us an embarrassing defeat to United in the CIS Cup final and then went on to score the winning penalty, Smith failed to acknowledge Boyd's contribution, when usually any other manager would have been lording him up to the high heavens for winning Rangers the cup and having the token photograph with the match winner that is often the case in these situations. He then doesn't acknowledge Boyd again after his goals in the Scottish Cup final. It can be argued, that Boyd saved Watties job with the two cups he won us last year, Smiths under enough pressure as it is with these to trophies, can you imagine the people calling for his head just now after our dismal performances in certain league games this season and the Kaunas debacle? I can't help but think Boyds contribution in the cups last season saved Wattie big time.

It is very rarely you hear Walter praising Smith, despite the fact, Boydies goals have kept us in the hunt(I don't buy into the argument that anyone could have scored these goals.), praising him for his contribution this season in terms of goals without adding a negative on the end of every sentence. The way Boyd was treated in January was shocking from Smith, the stance over the transfer saga, where it looked as though Boyd was being forced out from my view and Smith showing no loyalty to the big man, but when it came to Mendes I'm sure he'd have pleaded to Murray not to let go of him(and rightly so.)

We also seen Boyd dropped from the starting line-up at Pittodrie and Parkhead, which to me seemed very unjust and demoralising for him. I can't believe that no one can see how the events of January are primarily the reason for Boyd going off form, after a phenomenal first half of the season. Your not going to raise the guys morale by dropping him for games and showing little faith in him, it's only going to make the problem worse.

I can't see Boyd staying at the end of the season. But I think if he goes the only people missing him will be Rangers. Theres only one person I'd like to see move on at the end of the season, and it isnt Boyd. Maybe it's time for Wattie to make a permanent move up the stairs and hand the reigns over to someonelse who has better man management skills... and tactical skills! I'd like to hope Boyd does a Coisty and bides his time til the current manager does the off.

Spud, could you clarify for me what you beleive to be our best games of the season so far?

How many goals did we score?

Who was missing?

As for being dropped at scumdome and sheepville, we didnt lose either of those games. He played in the first game at Pittodrie and if he wasnt such a lazy clumbersome fat ride of a man, he would have brought himself back onside and spared us the controversy.

ALLY McCOIST recalls fallouts with Graeme Souness on an almost daily basis.

He’d clash with his then Rangers gaffer over horse races, timekeeping, workrate and attitude.

But the bust-ups were soon forgotten and left as little more than distant memories.

Souness may have possessed a fiery temper — but he wasn’t a man to hold a grudge.

And Gers No2 Coisty reckons Walter Smith won’t let his row with Kris Boyd linger.

He said: “Guys have been falling out with managers for 100 years. And it’ll happen for the next 100 years.

“It is something that has happened but it’s personal between Kris and the manager.

“The fact Kris was in training today would suggest it’s not as massive as some people are making out.

“I have no doubts the two of them will sort it out.

“I was known for having one or two disagreements with Graeme. People talk about the Cheltenham row but that was tame in comparison to some.

“But they were wonderful experiences of growing up in my life. I wouldn’t have swapped them and, to this day, I probably wouldn’t agree with Graeme.

“However, it was the job of the manager to make decisions and he made them.

“There was a combination of things with Graeme.

“Maybe I wasn’t working hard enough, although obviously I wouldn’ t agree with that. I don’t think my timekeeping helped matters either.

“But I don’t hold grudges and I can safely say Graeme doesn’t hold any.

“I’ve had dinner with him and shared a glass of wine with him 100 times. He’s great company.”

McCoist has played down the significance of the row between the current boss and the present No9.

Some will say it’s a throwback to the days when Super Ally reacted badly to being dumped on the bench.

But Gers’ record goalscorer insists it won’t overshadow the build-up to the Co-operative Insurance Cup Final.

And he says Boyd, 25, still has a chance of facing Celtic at Hampden on Sunday. Coisty said: “Could Kris be involved in the final? Absolutely.

“We all make mistakes but it’s about how you rectify it or handle those mistakes.

“I am not disappointed by anyone’s reaction to being left out. I’d be more disappointed if anybody, not specifically Kris, wasn’t in the team but was happy.

“Nobody was dropped from the team more than me at various points in my career.

“It’s no different than Kenny Miller being left out of the last Old Firm game or Kirk Broadfoot being left out for Steven Whittaker.

“A huff is a very serious injury but I wouldn’t think it’s life-threatening.

“It’s up to the individual how they react.

“I spoke to the manager and his exact words were that it’s between him and Boydy and that’s how it will stay.

“I don’t know the ins and outs and don’t know the degree of the fallout.

“I know they had a chat and it looks to me that there is not a disastrous outcome.

“The gaffer is shrewd enough not to make judgements to the detriment of the team.

“I can categorically say he will pick his strongest squad.”

Boyd has bagged 24 goals as Gers chase a domestic treble for the first time in six years.

He hit doubles in both domestic cup finals last term.

But he was axed for the Scottish Cup win over Hamilton Accies last weekend.

And he’s had a dressing down from Smith over his reaction to being left on the bench. McCoist said: “I would not say he’s at any crossroads.

“All I can talk about is my experience with Kris. He is still the best goalscorer for me.

“He is not any different from any player in respect of having to listen and learn.

“Kris knows that. But so do Kenny, Nacho Novo and Kyle Lafferty.

“I give all the players advice on the way Old Firm players have to conduct themselves.

“I would never single out Kris for advice any more than Kenny or Kyle.”

McCoist denied talk of any unrest ahead of the final.

He said: “Our camp has been absolutely fantastic. There is no unrest at all.

“There have been the usual arguments over decisions at the five-a-sides in training but it’s been business as usual.”

I hope they both leave at the end of the season (tu)

Boyd gets dropped from the big games for a reason and if he feels it's demoralising then he should be giving 100% to show the manager what he can do in the other games. The fact he fails to improve on his game and has a questionable attitude means he doesn't have the right to feel pissed off when it comes to playing in the so called bigger games.

Hartson in decent article shocker.

ATTITUDE is everything in football.

Deciding to take the huff, sloping around with your body language showing everyone in the stadium you’re ****ed off?

I’ve been there and throwing a major strop is easy.

Knuckling down and showing everyone who matters that you have the character to respond to being dropped? That’s HARD.

Not everyone can do it. It takes a tough pro to knuckle down and show a willingness and determination to work harder than ever.

To step out onto that pitch and say ‘I’ll show him’.

I thought Kris Boyd had that in him. I like the lad a lot and I reckon he is made of the right stuff.

But this nonsense he got himself involved in against Hamilton on Sunday? It sends out all the wrong signals.

Throwing the toys out the pram has only gone and given his critics more ammunition.

That’s not the actions of a man who should be going all-out to impress his manager in Co-operative Insurance Cup Final week.

Walter Smith would have been hoping for a reaction from his No9 after he was dropped for the 5-1 Scottish Cup win.

What he wouldn’t have expected was to see him moping around Ibrox like a kid.

This is Aiden McGeady v Gordon Strachan all over again — without the swear words.

But it boils down to the same thing. Respect.

Boyd has to show more of that, to his manager and his team-mates, because this isn’t good enough.

I don’t know the lad personally, but I’ll bet he wishes he could turn the clock back and do things differently.

At the end of the day there is only ever one winner when there’s a barney between a player and the club.

If Gers chairman Sir David Murray has witnessed something untoward, he’s not going to stand back and let it pass without being dealt with.

When McGeady slaughtered Gordon in the dressing room Peter Lawwell came out and gave his manager his full support without question.

That’s the way it is in football and even as an ex-pro that’s the way it’s got to be. The manager decides who plays and who doesn’t and the players accept it.

People might argue that Paul le Guen lost out when he went toe-to-toe with Barry Ferguson, but I’d say differently.

He was axed because of his awful results.

The Ferguson controversy was just a sideshow.

This is different and the sooner Boyd realises he’s got to get his head down at Ibrox the better.

The fact Walter is prepared to go into the Old Firm cup final without him shows this is a matter being taken seriously.

That said, I’m not so sure Boyd is a major miss.

That may sound daft when you think of all the things I’ve said about his goalscoring ability. Everyone knows I love him as a striker. But he’s not half the talent coming off the bench.

He’s just like I was. I never felt I did myself justice coming on as a sub late on. I always felt I needed to start to get used to the pace of the game. Bigger lads like myself or Boyd need time to get warm.

This whole situation is born out of frustration. Boyd has had enough of sitting out the big matches and he has reacted.

The club tried to sell him not so long ago, so he knows he’s not regarded as priceless.

But that episode showed he didn’t want to go anywhere.

By the looks of things he’s asked for a king’s ransom from Birmingham knowing full well he wouldn’t get it.

I just see a boy who feels hard done by and has reached the end of his tether. Part of me understands where he is coming from because I’d have him in my team.

He’ll have heard the team for the Accies game and thought to himself he was out of the cup final too.

It’s the straw that’s broke the camel’s back, but he shouldn’t have taken the huff.

Knock on the manager’s door if you’ve something to say. Be man enough to look him in the eye. Don’t sulk and lie on the treatment table when the other subs are out warming up. That’s no use to anyone.

Boyd clearly has the Rangers fans on his side because they look at the goals he brings.

But even some of them will be shaking their heads at this.

Boyd is right to admit he’s done wrong. He is only four goals from hitting the 100 mark for Gers and he’ll be desperate to reach that landmark.

Rangers is his life. He has grown up dreaming about pulling on that No9 shirt and scoring goals for the club.

How would he feel if he was shown the door when he’s so close to writing his name into the history books? He’d never forgive himself.

But it doesn’t need to be that way, IF Boyd deals with this situation differently from the way he did on Sunday. It’s time he showed everyone what he’s really made of.

Whenever I see him scoring I get the impression he thinks that’s him done his job. That hitting the net once every week is enough.

Maybe now he’ll realise it’s NOT

I smell shite

Daily Record reports that Rangers forward Kris Boyd could be heading for the exit door at Rangers. Boyd (25) joined Rangers from Kilmarnock in 2006 and has been a great hit at Ibrox.

He was linked with several Championship clubs in England before his decission to join Rangers, but now Premier League clubs are ready to step in if the Scottish international becomes available.

Aston Villa, Stoke, Everton and Middlesbrough are just a few of the clubs ready to offer Boyd a deal. Birmingham and Cardiff have both earlier been close to signing the player which has scored 7 goals in 15 internationals for Scotland.

Boyd made a decission to leave the international schene, claiming he would never play for Scotland under current boss George Burley, after being left on the bench for the World Cup qualifiers against Norway.

A move down south looks close after the 08-09 season. If Boyd, who was excluded from the Rangers training ground yesterday, no longer feature in Walter Smith's plans it could be that a loan move to a Championship club would be happening.

Birmingham and Cardiff might be clubs that again would call Smith for Boyd's services, short term.