***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

Boyd came on when the game was dead and the team were in 5th gear so i've nothing to say about his performance today. What i will say is that i see no reason to drop Lafferty and Miller, albeit i wouldn't be totally against the idea of dropping Miller for Novo.

Fairly accurate, and I would agree (tu)

Now that Lafferty has scored more goals against hamilton than any other club in scotland, what will fans response be to that? after all that is seen as a negative for kris boyd? but its ok because Lafferty won an abundance of headers today? no, nope. Lafferty set up goals, nope erm, he scored twice, well done big kyle lafferty. Still needs a good run of games to try and prove he is the right player to play up front because there were still some poor aspects of his performance today despite his enthusiasm. As soon as we can, Id shift all our strikers

this is the boyd thread though, little time to impress and didnt see much of the ball today, game was over as stated. Roll on the final, where I would play the same team

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boyd came on when the game was dead and the team were in 5th gear so i've nothing to say about his performance today. What i will say is that i see no reason to drop Lafferty and Miller, albeit i wouldn't be totally against the idea of dropping Miller for Novo.

Now that Lafferty has scored more goals against hamilton than any other club in scotland, what will fans response be to that? after all that is seen as a negative for kris boyd? but its ok because Lafferty won an abundance of headers today? no, nope. Lafferty set up goals, nope erm, he scored twice, well done big kyle lafferty. Still needs a good run of games to try and prove he is the right player to play up front because there were still some poor aspects of his performance today despite his enthusiasm. As soon as we can, Id shift all our strikers

this is the boyd thread though, little time to impress and didnt see much of the ball today, game was over as stated. Roll on the final, where I would play the same team

Lafferty and Miller looked 100 times dangerous as a partnership than Miller/Boyd has looked for the past month or so.

It's all about what's best for the team, not Kris Boyd, and the strikers looked good today. Lots of running, awareness, effort and two goals to round it. They also brought Aaron, Ferguson, Mendes and Davis into the game very well, something that the Boyd/Miller partnership isn't as good at.

Miller and Lafferty for me next week.

Lafferty and Miller looked 100 times dangerous as a partnership than Miller/Boyd has looked for the past month or so.

It's all about what's best for the team, not Kris Boyd, and the strikers looked good today. Lots of running, awareness, effort and two goals to round it. They also brought Aaron, Ferguson, Mendes and Davis into the game very well, something that the Boyd/Miller partnership isn't as good at.

If you want to make it seem as if im saying its all about kris boyd then carry on.

Miller and Boyd were doing plenty against ICT to try and bring other players into the game, wide players especially. Its just that they (broadfoot, davis, papac, fleck) were completely off their game, how that gets carried back to them I dont know

Simple facts - Miller and Lafferty looked better today than Miller and Boyd have for a month.

Hence, they should start against Celtic.

If you can argue that, then I think objectivity is well and truly dead on RangersMedia.

Argue away doh

Simple facts - Miller and Lafferty looked better today than Miller and Boyd have for a month.

Hence, they should start against Celtic.

If you can argue that, then I think objectivity is well and truly dead on RangersMedia.

Actually I thought Miller and Boyd looked okay when we played Accies away, and brought other players into the game, the test for Miller Lafferty is when we a team that packs 10 men behind the ball for the whole game, like ICT did. unfortunately in those games, it ain;t the players fault it is the managers fault because he never plays with a true winger, when we need real width and the ability to get to the bye line. Accies were quite open today given their formation, it allowed real space for Rangers to attack.

I think Eck has a pretty fine point there to be fair.

I also disagree about Miller, I just cant fathom him out, he makes me nervous every time he plays, and, does not look dangerous at all. Lafferty looked fairly sharp, and, I really enjoyed both his finishes. I thought Miller went down a little too easily for the pen. I think the differences in the2 partnerships, was that laafferty seemed to have a bit of desire to score today, and, that helped make it look better, but, i think it was all about him, the last few games with Boyd/Miller, boyd has been poor, and, miller contributed very little.

One positive from today is, (as I think was mentioned), now we appear to have another striker who will score, as, with miller we dont, and, perhaps boyd slipped into complacency, since its always regarded that he will score regularly.

They didnt ( I dont think) bring the midfield into it, but, more was the case our midfield actually decided to turn up today! and, Whittaker made a big difference as well

The only downside, for me, is that Boyd and Lafferty didnt look great together, but, perhaps it will in time. Can you imagine? 2 strikers who can score, PLUS midfielders doing that as well! Maybe our arses would become less squeaky

Argue away doh

:D

At least we agree.

I also disagree about Miller, I just cant fathom him out, he makes me nervous every time he plays, and, does not look dangerous at all. Lafferty looked fairly sharp, and, I really enjoyed both his finishes. I thought Miller went down a little too easily for the pen. I think the differences in the2 partnerships, was that laafferty seemed to have a bit of desire to score today, and, that helped make it look better, but, i think it was all about him, the last few games with Boyd/Miller, boyd has been poor, and, miller contributed very little.

One positive from today is, (as I think was mentioned), now we appear to have another striker who will score, as, with miller we dont, and, perhaps boyd slipped into complacency, since its always regarded that he will score regularly.

They didnt ( I dont think) bring the midfield into it, but, more was the case our midfield actually decided to turn up today! and, Whittaker made a big difference as well

The only downside, for me, is that Boyd and Lafferty didnt look great together, but, perhaps it will in time. Can you imagine? 2 strikers who can score, PLUS midfielders doing that as well! Maybe our arses would become less squeaky

A threat from midfield, you are hoping for a bit much there. It was all down to the space Accies afforded us today.

A threat from midfield, you are hoping for a bit much there. It was all down to the space Accies afforded us today.

Glass half full fella :pipe:

Lafferty and Miller didn't set the world alight today. On the whole our three main strikers are nothing special.

As I've said before, I'd sell every single one of them and bring in three decent ones.

I wonder if Boyd could be a shock starter next week?

Wally and co always love a suprise against celtc - hopefully not tho.

:lol: I doubt that very much.

You never know he might start and score a hat trick :craphead:

Lafferty and Miller didn't set the world alight today. On the whole our three main strikers are nothing special.

Our striking options are a joke.

When he came on today I was expecting him to work his socks off to get in the manager's thoughts for the cup final after being dropped, but he came on and done his usual shit.

It's time for Lafferty to be given a run up front, it's only fair.

When he came on today I was expecting him to work his socks off to get in the manager's thoughts for the cup final after being dropped, but he came on and done his usual shit.

Like what, dropping deep signalling for the ball? playing a couple of passes back out after receiving the ball, he never gave the ball away when he got it and forced a few punted clearances chasing the ball down. The game was dead and over by the time he got on anyway. It was probably boyds fault we conceded that goal today aswell. I think he made an eye signal at Mcgregor

Like what, dropping deep signalling for the ball? playing a couple of passes back out after receiving the ball, he never gave the ball away when he got it and forced a few punted clearances chasing the ball down. The game was dead and over by the time he got on anyway. It was probably boyds fault we conceded that goal today aswell. I think he made an eye signal at Mcgregor

You forgot the moments of sheer genius when he passed the ball straight off the pitch, and completely missed a header. Sometimes your views on Boyd are just astounding.

I can remember him giving it away. He went to play a ball to Aaron and it ran over the touchline.

I was expecting more from him after being dropped. And yes it was Boyd's fault for the goal, he shouted "McGregor I'm off to shag your bird. Ok?"

You forgot the moments of sheer genius when he passed the ball straight off the pitch, and completely missed a header. Sometimes your views on Boyd are just astounding.

easy mistake, hound me for it then if you want, he completely missed a header? holy shit, lafferty missed even more. So you jump on one misplaced pass, that went out for a throw? and not actually to another player?, good one doh

someone said he did his usual shit, and that wasnt completely the truth then was it? swings and roundabouts (tu)