***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

Simple facts - Miller and Lafferty looked better today than Miller and Boyd have for a month.

Hence, they should start against Celtic.

If you can argue that, then I think objectivity is well and truly dead on RangersMedia.

I would actually say the main difference yesterday wasn't the personnel who were playing up front but the inclusion of Mendes, Whittiker and to a certain extent Aaron.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

someone said he did his usual shit, and that wasnt completely the truth then was it? swings and roundabouts (tu)

He wasn't really on the pitch long enough to be either good or bad, but I was just pointing out that he did lose the ball, when you claimed he didn't.

right, well then next time everyone says he never wins the ball in the air you keep up your nit picking, he kept the ball more than he gave it away, which is more than I can say for some players

Boyd has got to quite Rangers says Billy Dodds. Can't say I'd be too disappointed to see him leave.

HOW much more can he stand?

How many times must he have his heart broken?

How many thumping punches in the guts can one man stomach?

I’ll tell you what. Kris Boyd must be made of steel.

Because I don’t know ANYONE who could have put up with the mental torture he’s had to endure during his time at Rangers.

Brutally binned for Sunday’s Scottish Cup quarter-final win over Hamilton Accies, hitman Boyd is facing yet more cup heartache this weekend.

I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance in hell that he will make Walter Smith’s starting line-up at Hampden this Sunday.

And it might just prove to be the final straw for the boy who believes he was born to score goals for Gers.

Let’s not forget, the 25-year-old striker was almost forced out the door in January.

And I think a parting of the ways in the summer is now INEVITABLE.

It doesn’t seem to matter what he does, Boyd just can’t please his Ibrox masters.

And do you know what?

If I was him I’d get out of there as fast as my legs could carry me.

It’s time for Boyd to move to a club where his goals and talent are appreciated.

He’s never once let Rangers down and this season he’s proved just how valuable a player he is.

But what is his reward?

A seat on the bench every time a big game rolls around.

Boyd must be in a permanent state of emotional turmoil.

He’s working hard on his game, he’s looking sharper and fitter than he’s ever done before and, of course, he’s scoring goals.

He MUST be asking himself what more can he do.

It’s horses for courses where Boyd is concerned, but try telling him that after the season that he has had.

Do you think Ally McCoist would have stood for being axed if he had banged in 24 goals?

No, I don’t think so either.

While I don’t think he deserved to be dropped against Hamilton, I can understand why Gers boss Smith left him on the bench.

Against Inverness Caley Thistle last midweek, Rangers struggled to get in behind the Highlanders’ defence.

There was no pace or penetration. Smith addressed that against Accies in the Scottish Cup.

You have to say the changes worked.

And you have to say that Kyle Lafferty is now favourite to start against Celtic in the Co-operative Insurance Cup Final.

That is a massive slap in the face for Gers’ top scorer.

Yet another crushing body blow.

Boyd has come a long way since last season.

Virtually redundant at Rangers as Smith found success with the 4-5-1 formation, the hitman seemed certain to quit the Ibrox club last summer.

But he refused to throw in the towel and this season he’s proven his worth once again.

The boy plays, the boy scores.

And I for one believe there’s more to come from Kris Boyd.

While he will never run the channels like Kenny Miller, his hold-up play and work ethic have improved immensely. But there is still more work to be done. I’m sure Boyd feels he’s working hard enough, but that’s not the case.

If he wants it badly enough he can get even better.

He’s once again the top scorer in Scotland — at any other club he’d be a priceless commodity.

And please, spare me this tosh that Boyd can only score against the so-called smaller clubs.

He scored seven goals in 15 internationals for Scotland.

Yet his critics seem intent on raking up the chance he missed against Celtic at Ibrox back in December.

Fine. It was a bad miss, he should have scored.

But don’t judge him on that one squandered opportunity.

If he goes 15 games without scoring in an Old Firm derby then sure, pass judgement.

But I firmly believe Boyd is a big-game player — he just never gets the chance to prove it.

Yet I still reckon he will have some part to play at the weekend.

Without him, Rangers would not have won the League Cup and Scottish Cup last season.

I’m sure that Lafferty will start in attack alongside Miller.

But the longer it stays 0-0 the more tempted Smith will be to throw on his top scorer.

And that’s why Boyd HAS to remain positive.

He has to stay strong despite this latest kick in the clangers.

I know sometimes Boyd can appear aloof.

Sometimes it seems he’s too busy sulking and moaning at others. But that’s not the side I see.

Instead I see a player desperate to play, desperate to deliver success and desperate to score goals.

It seems that’s a dream he’s not going to realise at Ibrox.

Summer time will be decision time for Rangers striker.

What happens this weekend will have a major say in that.

who wrote that pish?

How many times we going to see a unfit professinal player fcuked after 10 mins

How many times we going to see a professional player struggal with basics?

He has come along way yes he did and now he is back to his lazy best.

if he loved the club so much he would have bucked his idea's up when he first signed for rangers. He could have been a great striker but he is a bog standard striker at best

Billy Dodds wrote it. I think McBoyd helped him (tu)

usual pish from Doddsy

I hope Boyd leave in the summer 3.5million+ bring a striker who will worry defender Cousin/Prso esque striker-oh shit wait we dont have a decent scouting network to find these regularly

What a lot of shite, seriously.

he never lets us down?? Oh really? Try every fecking big game he plays in, he's an above average SPL striker who can score a lot in one game against pish.

My mate a Killie fan, said he split them as well. Reckoned if he hadnt scored 5 in one game he wouldnt have been on our radar.

Are strikers not allowed to go threw baron spells now ?

or is just because its Kris Boyd ?

Who said that?

I'm saying Kris Boyd should understand why he's being dropped, instead of throwing his toys out the pram yet again.

Who said that?

I'm saying Kris Boyd should understand why he's being dropped, instead of throwing his toys out the pram yet again.

Lots of players get into arguments with the management, especially if you aren't getting picked, and you are top scorer.

Not condoning his attitude at all though.

Hopefully he'll sit out in anger, then calm down and talk to one of the managers/realise what he's doing wrong, and up his game two fold.

He has no reason to not want to up his game, and the managers need to figure out how to deal with him.

Who said that?

Lots of players get into arguments with the management, especially if you aren't getting picked, and you are top scorer.

Not condoning his attitude at all though.

Hopefully he'll sit out in anger, then calm down and talk to one of the managers/realise what he's doing wrong, and up his game two fold.

He has no reason to not want to up his game, and the managers need to figure out how to deal with him.

Getting into a row with the manager over his quite correct decision to drop you is completely out of order and undefendable.

Lots of players get angry, but only those with the poorest attitudes lose their temper over it.

Maybe he's just not good enough to up his game for more than 4/5 games in a row, I certainly think that's the case.

lafferty proved played in his position he can perform and as was mentioned this should make kris want to get his game sorted.

Lafferty also confirmed for me a thought I've had for some time; that any decent striker will score a barrow-load of goals for Rangers in the SPL given the amount of chances provided.

In near 50 years of following The Rangers I can't recall another striker who so divided the support as Boyd.

His attitude should be an embarrassment to him. Toys out the pram for Scotland and now at The Rangers.

Presumably everybody has read this article: http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/2009/03...86908-21189331/

I've got to say, you can't take these kind of articles 100% seriously but if it is mostly true, which I suspect it is, I'm disappointed in Boyd. I'm a Boyd supporter, but I can see when the man is in the wrong or the man has put in a poor performance.

Boyd should be upset that he's been dropped, but he should not be acting in the disrespectful way he has been towards the rest of the team. Boyd should have resolved to up his game, try harder, work harder in both training and in matches instead of sulking. Until Boyd does this, he won't be the player he could be.

How many times have we said something like, 'This will hopefully be a catalyst for him to up his game and come back stronger'? I'm running out of patience with both sides here.

Boyd needs to get over himself, he's not untouchable.

Getting into a row with the manager over his quite correct decision to drop you is completely out of order and undefendable.

Lots of players get angry, but only those with the poorest attitudes lose their temper over it.

Maybe he's just not good enough to up his game for more than 4/5 games in a row, I certainly think that's the case.

You forget these players are human, of course they will lose there temper fuck sake :lol: You expect them to bottle it all up inside ?

The boot lashing thing was bollocks apparently anyway, Boyd denied it.

You forget these players are human, of course they will lose there temper fuck sake :lol: You expect them to bottle it all up inside ?

Please be objective, for once in your life.

Two fall-outs in the space of 6 months - tells you all you need to know.

Don't blame it on anyone else, his attitude is fucking rank.

I expect them to behave like professional athletes at all times. Tens of thousands of pounds every week should guarantee that.

Please be objective, for once in your life.

Two fall-outs in the space of 6 months - tells you all you need to know.

Don't blame it on anyone else, his attitude is fucking rank.

Did i said his attitude wasn't bad eh? Read my first post on this matter again, "i don't condone Boyd's attitude at all"