***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

So basically you're confirming that Boyd doesn't have the basic ability to create a chance for himself?

That's all I was after (tu)

:lol: I think he needs the ball to create a chance for himself eh?

Like i said delivery to the strikers was a 2/10 last night, if that.

Someone (fleck/davis?) decided it'd be a good idea from the corner flag area, to lob it back toward the half way line at one point doh

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boyd is about goals, and hes not getting the goals.

So we need change, id keep Miller playing because hes lively and you cant blame him for a terrible team performance, which also doesnt mean Boyd should be, however i am a Boyd fan but he has became a passenger now for a good amount of games.

Naismith is hopeless IMO, another waste of money along with Lafferty who is a bit of a joke, i know he didnt ask to be stamped with a 3.5 mil price tag, i look at him sometimes and think i could do a better job.

The only thing im hoping for is Novo returns to fitness and continues the form he showed in the cup mach agaisnt Falkirk before his unfortunate injury against Dundee Utd.

Last night was the worst in a long time.

McBoyd, I can't debate Kris Boyd with you.

You're so unashamedly bias towards him that it actually annoys me.

I'm out of this thread for the forseeable future, until you manage to bring an ounce of objectivity to the table.

Boyd's 'improvement' lasted about 4 games, and now he's back to the level of performance that he was turning in last season. If this is him after improving, god help us. Normally I'd try and be more diplomatic about it, but last night really was the final straw.

I love how everyone ignores the piss poor delivery to him last night.

There's only one person who's ignoring the obvious in this thread and I'm pretty sure it's not me.

I'm out of this thread for the forseeable future, until you manage to bring an ounce of objectivity to the table.

:pipe:

Biased toward him?

If i was don't you think i'd be saying he played great last night and was unlucky not to score?

The whole team played pish, including him, i'm just pointing out it wasn't his worst game yet as some would state, and piss poor delivery to the strikers doesn't help.

:pipe:

Biased toward him?

If i was don't you think i'd be saying he played great last night and was unlucky not to score?

The whole team played pish, including him, i'm just pointing out it wasn't his worst game yet as some would state, and piss poor delivery to the strikers doesn't help.

No, it's just always someone elses fault.

And you expect people to praise Boyd for the most basic of things, such as winning headers and passing to team-mates.

It's not happening for me and Boyd is simply not good enough. As I said earlier, I'd sell every single one of our strikers and buy two or three good ones, instead of having seven who are so dire.

I never saw his chance early doors so I can't really comment but supposidly is was horrific.

It's time this dumpling found himself out of the squad altogether, he is absolutely pish!

That miss had Boyd trip up over/on his own feet!

Boyd has been at Rangers for about 3-4 years now and has shown no signs of improvement. He is content on relying on his goals without putting real effort in.

Take Broadfoot for example, worked hard over the summer in order to improve his game. But Boyd wants to take the easy way out.

20 goals a season or I have flopped

HE screamed aggressively with his fists clenched.

Kris Boyd had reached another 20-goal tally.

It was the Rangers No9’s trademark celebration — but not one born out of joy or unbridled elation. Only RELIEF.

Take the goals out of his game and what are you left with? It’s the question Boyd’s critics have hit him with throughout his Ibrox career.

And one even HE buys into.

He sees Kenny Miller run the channels and bust a gut in the light blue shirt.

But he knows his job is simply to hit the net with AT LEAST 20 strikes a season.

Boyd said: “When you wear the No9 jersey at a club like Rangers you need to score goals.

“Whenever I get over that 20-goal mark it’s a relief.

“I did that a few weeks ago and I’m hungry for more. I really want to build on what I have so far.

“Twenty was the first target because I’m at a club where so many chances are created.

“I base my game on goals, so 20 is a decent return to aim for to begin with.

“Now I’m looking towards the 30 mark. At the beginning of this season my main aim was to play. I managed to get in the team and I’ve stayed there most weeks.

“But that means I have to be looking to get 20-plus goals a season.

“Kenny has got 12 or 13 himself, but you need to take into consideration what he’s done for the team.

“He has created a load of chances for me, so he’ll look at things differently in terms of targets.

“It’s a different story for me. I base my game on scoring goals and you want to score in every game, but that’s not possible. There isn’t a player in the world who can do that.

“But if I don’t get my goal it’s disappointing. That’s what I set out to do at the beginning of every game.

“As long as we get the three points, though, that’s the most important thing.”

Boyd only has to look across the city to see a striker at the other end of the spectrum.

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink can’t score for love nor money at the moment, with just two goals all season.

Boyd added: “It happens. All strikers go through a spell where they don’t score.

“The big man is just having a longer run than he’d have expected. Look at the weekend when he missed a penalty.

“He’s a good enough player, though, and I’m sure he’ll come back from that.

“He’ll take the next penalty and keep getting himself in the box and hope to start taking the chances.

“I maybe went two or three games without scoring, I honestly can’t remember, but you have to keep making the runs and keep believing things will turn.

“It’s when the chances dry up you have a real problem.

“But I look at the players here and know I’ll always get opportunities to score.”

Boyd’s goals could be vital especially if the title is won and lost on goal difference.

He added: “When you look at the table, there’s a real possibility it might come down to goal difference.

“But at this stage it’s about getting three points on the board with every game.

“If things are still the same with two or three games to go we could maybe concentrate on the goals being scored.

“There is a long way to go between now and then.

“You can’t go into games thinking it’s just a case of turning up and scoring as many goals as possible. We need points before goals.

“When you look at how the season’s gone, Kenny and I have done reasonably well together, but it’s easy to talk about that — we’ve not won anything yet.

“We could end up with 50, 60 or 70 goals, but if we don’t win anything it’s no use.”

Losing the championship last season still hurts Boyd and his Rangers team-mates.

It’s become a driving force behind this campaign.

He added: “When you look at last season, the majority of people would say we’d have won the league if we didn’t have all the games we had. When you consider those last two or three weeks, it was virtually impossible for ANY team. We had so many games before the league decider against Aberdeen.

“But we can’t sit here and make excuses. It didn’t work out and Celtic won the league.

“Hopefully this season it will work out.

“It was difficult at the time, but I don’t think anyone here would have swapped the season. We got to the UEFA Cup Final and won two other trophies.

“Sure, we wanted to win the league, but we have that chance now and we need to maintain our form until the end of the season.”

A Kris Boyd interview before last night game

No Boyd=No Titles

so he has been playing alot for 3 years and no titles

never started the 3 most important away games last season, who stepped up then?

Everybody was shit today, but lets blame kris boyd as he is the easy target, i think im getting the hang of this now

he gave away 2 fouls today, lafferty gave away one. He won an abundance of headers with maybe a couple finding a player, not good enough support at all, and bar that 1 good ball near the start, had little service up until the cross where he got a poor header on target... tell me, how many chances did lafferty and miller get on the end of today? Miller gave the ball away more tonight and his first touch was so bad at one point it went about 10 yards in the air. At least for once today boyd was spraying the ball out wide when he got it, miller was just running into god knows what and giving it away, although miller did drop deep a few times and switch the play, that was nothing effective in terms of attacking play around the box like he has done bfore. Boyd doesnt deserve the blame today as much as anyone else does, nobody stepped up today when we needed them. Including boyd. Even the "always impressive up front" lafferty lacked ideas in our team because the midfield and fullbacks offered nothing, none of our strikers are capable of a moment of magic

This just about sums up out support: He made a run into the box, davis played it in way too late and boyd was offside... what are the calls from people in the crowd "ah boyd you lazy bastard, you are miles offside" tell that to davis doh (steve was the worst player on the park today by a mile)

dont let the facts get in the way of a good boyd slaughtering

he was very poor last night , but no worse than everyone apart from Bougherra

i have no intention of debating with some, he who posts the most knows the most, that seems to be the way on here

If Boyd is in the team at the weekend he should consider himself very lucky

thats his 3rd poor performance in a row and he does not look interested in playing

a spell on the bench could be the answer for him at the moment

I'd say drop him for a game or more, he needs to sort it out.

After reading a part in the McCoist biography, and again in that article DB just posted, McCoist had a dodgy 2-3 years at Rangers at the start of his career, and decided to up his game, extra training and fitness, but he needed that catalyst to do so, his was a "fuck you" to sousness, after quite a few things, which worked.

Boyd needs something similar i'd say, he looked totally uninterested today.

I thought working with Coisty would have made him twice the player, but so far not so much, surely the managers who have obviously seen his goal scoring ability should be trying to bring out more from him?

Boyd came on when the game was dead and the team were in 5th gear so i've nothing to say about his performance today. What i will say is that i see no reason to drop Lafferty and Miller, albeit i wouldn't be totally against the idea of dropping Miller for Novo.

I'd say drop him for a game or more, he needs to sort it out.

After reading a part in the McCoist biography, and again in that article DB just posted, McCoist had a dodgy 2-3 years at Rangers at the start of his career, and decided to up his game, extra training and fitness, but he needed that catalyst to do so, his was a "fuck you" to sousness, after quite a few things, which worked.

Boyd needs something similar i'd say, he looked totally uninterested today.

I thought working with Coisty would have made him twice the player, but so far not so much, surely the managers who have obviously seen his goal scoring ability should be trying to bring out more from him?

What could work in his/teams favour is if Lafferty and Miler perform well together as surely it will make him hungry to get back in squad and bolster our options?

Anyway i wouldnt judge any character on coming on in game 4-1 up against 10 men cruising... he didnt break sweat and thats something for the big man!

What could work in his/teams favour is if Lafferty and Miler perform well together as surely it will make him hungry to get back in squad and bolster our options?

Anyway i wouldnt judge any character on coming on in game 4-1 up against 10 men cruising... he didnt break sweat and thats something for the big man!

Nah, you can't judge him on todays game at all :lol:

I agree, maybe a lafferty/miller performance could do it, but Lafferty i think needs to improve certain aspects of his game too.

Nah, you can't judge him on todays game at all :lol:

I agree, maybe a lafferty/miller performance could do it, but Lafferty i think needs to improve certain aspects of his game too.

TBF alot of people in this thread judge Lafferty performances in the past, with the same time on the pitch :pipe: