***Generic Kris Boyd Thread***

jimmckinlay

Please be objective, for once in your life.

Two fall-outs in the space of 6 months - tells you all you need to know.

Don't blame it on anyone else, his attitude is fucking rank.

Did i said his attitude wasn't bad eh? Read my first post on this matter again, "i don't condone Boyd's attitude at all"

You don't condone it, but you defend him?

One or the other please.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did i said his attitude wasn't bad eh? Read my first post on this matter again, "i don't condone Boyd's attitude at all"

One or the other please.

You can't sit on the fence then? I HAVE to choose a defend or condone him?

I was just saying, i don't condone the attitude, but then again, players will get a temper about them, they are human afterall.

Surely you've written things with either side in mind before Papa? Or are you just negative?

Like someone said a few posts back, i've never seen a player divide the support so much recently, well Miller when he signed, but after a while that died down to just Neeskins having the target on millers head :lol:

One or the other please.

You can't sit on the fence then? I HAVE to choose a defend or condone him?

I was just saying, i don't condone the attitude, but then again, players will get a temper about them, they are human afterall.

Surely you've written things with either side in mind before Papa? Or are you just negative?

I just don't think you can say that you can't condone it, then end up trying your hardest condoning it! That's all :D

Either you think he's right in storming out in bad mood or you think he's wrong, I don't think there can be an in-between like this when it comes to a professional footballer being dropped.

The clue is in 'professional' there, by the way.

I just don't think you can say that you can't condone it, then end up trying your hardest condoning it! That's all :D

Either you think he's right in storming out in bad mood or you think he's wrong, I don't think there can be an in-between like this when it comes to a professional footballer being dropped.

The clue is in 'professional' there, by the way.

Aye, well i'm on the fence on this one :pipe:

I neither agree with Boyd or Walter at the moment, i can see where Boyd might get annoyed, but then again i can understand Walters viewpoint.

:P

In fairness, it must be said that if this was Cousin/Lafferty/Miller, people who defend Boyd would have absolutely slaughtered them.

You don't know that.

Lafferty i wouldn't have slaughtered, he's still young, tempers can rise.

Cousin, probably :lol:

Not sure about Miller.

Boyd has got to quite Rangers says Billy Dodds. Can't say I'd be too disappointed to see him leave.

HOW much more can he stand?

How many times must he have his heart broken?

How many thumping punches in the guts can one man stomach?

I’ll tell you what. Kris Boyd must be made of steel.

Because I don’t know ANYONE who could have put up with the mental torture he’s had to endure during his time at Rangers.

Brutally binned for Sunday’s Scottish Cup quarter-final win over Hamilton Accies, hitman Boyd is facing yet more cup heartache this weekend.

I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance in hell that he will make Walter Smith’s starting line-up at Hampden this Sunday.

And it might just prove to be the final straw for the boy who believes he was born to score goals for Gers.

Let’s not forget, the 25-year-old striker was almost forced out the door in January.

And I think a parting of the ways in the summer is now INEVITABLE.

It doesn’t seem to matter what he does, Boyd just can’t please his Ibrox masters.

And do you know what?

If I was him I’d get out of there as fast as my legs could carry me.

It’s time for Boyd to move to a club where his goals and talent are appreciated.

He’s never once let Rangers down and this season he’s proved just how valuable a player he is.

But what is his reward?

A seat on the bench every time a big game rolls around.

Boyd must be in a permanent state of emotional turmoil.

He’s working hard on his game, he’s looking sharper and fitter than he’s ever done before and, of course, he’s scoring goals.

He MUST be asking himself what more can he do.

It’s horses for courses where Boyd is concerned, but try telling him that after the season that he has had.

Do you think Ally McCoist would have stood for being axed if he had banged in 24 goals?

No, I don’t think so either.

While I don’t think he deserved to be dropped against Hamilton, I can understand why Gers boss Smith left him on the bench.

Against Inverness Caley Thistle last midweek, Rangers struggled to get in behind the Highlanders’ defence.

There was no pace or penetration. Smith addressed that against Accies in the Scottish Cup.

You have to say the changes worked.

And you have to say that Kyle Lafferty is now favourite to start against Celtic in the Co-operative Insurance Cup Final.

That is a massive slap in the face for Gers’ top scorer.

Yet another crushing body blow.

Boyd has come a long way since last season.

Virtually redundant at Rangers as Smith found success with the 4-5-1 formation, the hitman seemed certain to quit the Ibrox club last summer.

But he refused to throw in the towel and this season he’s proven his worth once again.

The boy plays, the boy scores.

And I for one believe there’s more to come from Kris Boyd.

While he will never run the channels like Kenny Miller, his hold-up play and work ethic have improved immensely. But there is still more work to be done. I’m sure Boyd feels he’s working hard enough, but that’s not the case.

If he wants it badly enough he can get even better.

He’s once again the top scorer in Scotland — at any other club he’d be a priceless commodity.

And please, spare me this tosh that Boyd can only score against the so-called smaller clubs.

He scored seven goals in 15 internationals for Scotland.

Yet his critics seem intent on raking up the chance he missed against Celtic at Ibrox back in December.

Fine. It was a bad miss, he should have scored.

But don’t judge him on that one squandered opportunity.

If he goes 15 games without scoring in an Old Firm derby then sure, pass judgement.

But I firmly believe Boyd is a big-game player — he just never gets the chance to prove it.

Yet I still reckon he will have some part to play at the weekend.

Without him, Rangers would not have won the League Cup and Scottish Cup last season.

I’m sure that Lafferty will start in attack alongside Miller.

But the longer it stays 0-0 the more tempted Smith will be to throw on his top scorer.

And that’s why Boyd HAS to remain positive.

He has to stay strong despite this latest kick in the clangers.

I know sometimes Boyd can appear aloof.

Sometimes it seems he’s too busy sulking and moaning at others. But that’s not the side I see.

Instead I see a player desperate to play, desperate to deliver success and desperate to score goals.

It seems that’s a dream he’s not going to realise at Ibrox.

Summer time will be decision time for Rangers striker.

What happens this weekend will have a major say in that.

I really can't stand that sycophantic wee prick and the way he's making a living out of his pals in the game. His bias towards Boyd is actually ridiculous, at times when he does his commentary he even refers to him as "Kris". 'Mental torture', 'heart broken'. Give me a fucking break.

Can't say the article about Smith booting him out of training has surprised me one bit. Good riddance.

In fairness, it must be said that if this was Cousin/Lafferty/Miller, people who defend Boyd would have absolutely slaughtered them.

Exactly, I think since I joined these boards myself and you Papa are pretty much on the same wavelength on this argument! Boyd seems to be the golden child amongst the vast majority of the support and this is wrong in so many ways. You're right of course through one of the other aforementioned players into this situation and it would be cries of "He should never play for Rangers again.....He has no right to think he should always start."

I'm sick of hearing the top goalscorer stuff all the time because we havent won a title with him as top goalscorer as of yet, his attitude is just terrible at times too and as this report goes out it proves just this.

After sitting through the performance of a few players on Wednesday night I was happy to see each of them had been dropped as none of them warranted a start in a cup quarter final after playing like that.

Boyd has no devine right to start for Rangers in any game, plus big Kyle came in and scored two very good.....Boyd-esque goals (oh my god someone else can actually score them....what a surprise).....and his general play on Sunday where he got involved in play and worked oppurtunities for others spoke volumes to me that he and Kenny Miller could form just as deadly a partnership.

I've been saying it all along that if you give another striker the same amount of chances that Boyd getsthey will score goals, if Kyle starts on Sunday upfront with Miller and scores what will everyone be saying then?

If I was him I’d get out of there as fast as my legs could carry me.

Now that made me laugh! Fast is not a word that Kris Boyd understands :P

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7937420.stm

Fresh doubts surround the long-term Rangers future of striker Kris Boyd.

The 25-year-old was sent home from training on Tuesday after an argument with manager Walter Smith.

The pair have had words about the player's reaction to his latest exclusion from the Rangers starting line-up.

Scotland's top-scorer was among the substitutes for the 5-1 weekend Homecoming Scottish Cup quarter-final victory over Hamilton Academical.

Boyd - who has scored 24 goals this season so far - played the final 25 minutes of Sunday's comfortable cup win but failed to find the net.

More to follow.

Being sent home from training means he's leaving rangers :rolleyes:

Why are the papers/websites behind with the story? Ones already been printed saying that he's training today and is talking to WS.

"Should Boyd not feature for the holders from the start against the Parkhead side, there are no suggestions it would be due to this latest development."

Or that he is shite

confused.com so many versions of what happened

anyway it seems to match the rumblings we've heard about moody Boydy already

Wattie will have given him the same treatment he gave Chic Young in 'that' interview

ffs Boydy I'm sending you home ye huffy bassa

aw come oan boss I score the goals, I'm the man

gtf Boydy I'm the man Nacho's in on one leg this Sunday