Greatest Pre/end Match Atmospheres At Ibrox?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barcelona was pretty special.

Follow Follow being belted out when the teams came out and during the Champions League anthem.

Then when the players got shown on the screens the entire stadium erupted urging us on.

Although a lot of old firm games stick out, my favourite atmospheres usually come on European nights. My personal favourite being the 4-1 PSV game, wasn't the loudest, but the air of expectation that filled ibrox was just immense, the after match atmosphere was no bad either.

Holy fuck i forgot about that pre match atmos.

Next season we need a few card displays and to bring back the atmosphere, noise and fear factor to the opposition of playing at Ibrox during Eruopean nights!

EDIT: the Rangers v Stuttgart, not the Old Firm UJ event.

The Gough one was superb and the 5-1 slaughter with Ray Wilkins screamer was awesome but everybody to a man in the Stadium this day was convinced this was NIAR:

:sherlock:

I love Walter celebrating in this.

Love the Barca clip, all our players are moving about you can tell they're nervous and then it gets to Papac who is just standing with the coldest expression on his face, staring into the crowd like each and everyone of them killed him mum, the guy is just sheer steel

the game we needed to with against the sheep shaggers when walters crossed the ball for hately to score the first was a great day , also against them when gazza scored the hatrick after the sheepies went one up . 2 fantastic days , with brilliant atmosphere's ,, too many to remember when i think about it ,leeds game, there are just too many.

You had good reason to be smug that night mate :D:sherlock: I listened to that on Radio5 as was living in England then and we didnt have sky, one I wish I had been at :)

Sorry smug lookin fat bastard Collie, I remember as if it was yesterday, me and the Mates walked along Edmiston Drive towards the PRW and ma mate aff the tap o' his heid said 'Nine In A Bo' ! And that was the headline paper wise the next day. Halcyon Daze when there was never any doubt in everybodys head about who we are. Ma heids still the same by the way ! W.A.T.P. ;):uk::sherlock:

PS - And talking about initials F.T.P. !

Barcelona was pretty special.

Follow Follow being belted out when the teams came out and during the Champions League anthem.

Then when the players got shown on the screens the entire stadium erupted urging us on.

Then the game kicked of everyone sat there arse down and moaned n groaned through 90 minutes of football