Mr John Paul Clark/ Mr David John Whitehouse

Duff & Phelps

43-45PORTMAN SQUARE

WH1 6LY

LONDON

11th July 2012

Dear Sirs

THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB PLC

I refer to our telephone conversation on the 9th July 2012 and my letter of same regarding the above. I refer also to my telephone conversation today at 11.02pm to which I still await a response.

I have now ascertained from the English Football Association that The Rangers Football Club PLC is indeed eligible to play either in the Premier League or the Football League decisions that are those entirely on either of those two bodies.

As I understand matters although your firm filed an application with the SFA when you were appointed as Administrators and also an application with UEFA according to those that advise me and my agents you did not consider the option of the Premier League or the Football League.

The Rangers Football Club PLC is still de facto an active company and only de jure in administration still permitting the company to trade. I am aware that the assets of the company were sold and I have now received a full report on the per se liabilities and contingent liabilities.

I have to say that prima facia in February 2012 based upon the balance sheet that I have seen I am somewhat surprised that Craig Whyte deemed the ‘company’ insolvent. However, those matters are of course no concern of mine and will be aired by the Prosecuting Authorities in due course.

What concerns me solely is the status of The Rangers Football Club PLC.

I am aware of the purported liabilities and am fully aware the assets were sold and do have a list of such.

The way things remain at present is that in short HMRC and creditors will receive nothing once the company is formally dissolved.

I HEREIN offer you the sum of £1 (ONE POUND) for the majority share capital of The Rangers Football Club PLC. As stated the sale is on the basis that I am aware of the liabilities both actual and contingent.

It seems to be incongruent to liquidate a company that has seen two centuries of life and existence when there is a real possibility that such company can be used to participate in the English Football League or Premier League based upon its previous admission. This was not considered by your firm and as I understand it (although I have not received formal confirmation from Charles Green) neither by him or Sevco 5088 Ltd.

By selling the company to me any remaining creditors are in a no worse position than by liquidation and if I am successful in any application to the English Premier or Football League there may well be a good chance that creditors will be repaid more than what was offered in the CVA. In any case at the moment they stand to receive nothing further than the proportion they received from the sale of assets.

There is a school of legal thought that by virtue of the sale of assets and rejection of the CVA the company The Rangers Football Club PLC is now a company with no assets or liabilities but with a real option of subscribing to the English Premier League or Football League.

It follows that time is of the essence and I urge upon you an immediate response.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

GIOVANNI DI STEFANO

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rangers Football Club PLC is still de facto an active company and only de jure in administration still permitting the company to trade. I am aware that the assets of the company were sold and I have now received a full report on the per se liabilities and contingent liabilities.

I have to say that prima facia in February 2012 based upon the balance sheet that I have seen I am somewhat surprised that Craig Whyte deemed the ‘company’ insolvent.

:lol:

I have now ascertained from the English Football Association that The Rangers Football Club PLC is indeed eligible to play either in the Premier League or the Football League

I'd love that to be true, oh someone please make that true, but, like everyone else, you have to take this with a huge pinch of salt, and if he did have the above, it would be in writing!!

GIOVANNI DI STEFANO@DEVILSADVOKATBy what I have seen in the last four weeks and "reserved" papers no way were Rangers insolvent no way

Expand

1h20161_301616160730_726585730_5091083_4644699_n_normal.jpgJames Doleman@jamesdoleman@DEVILSADVOKAT Not insolvent? That's the shark jumped. Who do you represent in this deal?

Expand

1hGiovanni_normal.jpgGIOVANNI DI STEFANO@DEVILSADVOKAT@jamesdoleman myself

Expand

1h20161_301616160730_726585730_5091083_4644699_n_normal.jpgJames Doleman@jamesdoleman@DEVILSADVOKAT So who is providing funding or is that confidential?

Expand

1hGiovanni_normal.jpgGIOVANNI DI STEFANO@DEVILSADVOKAT@jamesdoleman funding for what sorry? I am acting for myself so it follows I am paying myself and I'm acting as a citizen

Hide conversation

I have now ascertained from the English Football Association that The Rangers Football Club PLC is indeed eligible to play either in the Premier League or the Football League decisions that are those entirely on either of those two bodies.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? It makes no sense whatsoever.

If anyone thought John Brown was loopy, I dread to think what that makes this character. OldCo Rangers, that he is bidding for, still has Rangers FC Group as its major shareholder. And as such he would have to reach an agreement with Craig Whyte to transfer his shares.

You do realise that he means the Oldco has the right to play in England and not the Newco. He would have to start with building a stadium as ibrox was purchased by CG, and a new team, the old one was purchased by CG also, so really we could have two rangers one that plays in scotland and has the history of the old club. Or he could offer CG say £30million for the assets of the newco, and do what i think that Bill Miller wanted to do and merge the two back together, once the oldco debts had be resolved.

You do realise that he means the Oldco has the right to play in England and not the Newco. He would have to start with building a stadium as ibrox was purchased by CG, and a new team, the old one was purchased by CG also, so really we could have two rangers one that plays in scotland and has the history of the old club. Or he could offer CG say £30million for the assets of the newco, and do what i think that Bill Miller wanted to do and merge the two back together, once the oldco debts had be resolved.

Good luck with that Giovanni.

Two fucking nutters fighting over a pound.

Get that on Sky box office and I will sign back up again :lol:

a decision between EPL and EFL as to what league we would have to start in

Would his "bid" not be taken more seriously if he had written it in English rather than unintelligible gobbledegook?

If you have followed what he has been doing from the get go it make for an interesting situation and despite what you may think of him personally he may have found the pot of gold at the bottom of the rainbow. One thing for certain he isn't doing any harm and a lot more than so many Rangers men. It may all go to fuck but at least someone is trying and saying what he is doing. At the very least it may give us another option and strengthen our position with the bams up here. So go for it Gio!