The bank balance

Ecosse123

The money in the bank is used to see us back to the top flight, it has to see us through for at least 3/4 years,season tickets and other enterprises only cover part of the running costs, this is why Ally and co can't spend our way back to the top but we have to be successfull

Once Rangers get back to where the money is made you'll see more investment comming into the club

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the turn of the year we had £21.1m in the bank. 4 months later, minus the £1m a month loss plus revenue boosting it up, it will be sitting at around £17m/£16m just now. That is just a simplistic look at it excluding any possible payments which may have been made out-with the norm.

In a month or two the ST money will begin coming in and that will boost it back up. Plus, as we go up the leagues the revenue streams start to become larger and more of them appear plus as the team gets stronger there will be more cup runs and more revenue from that etc.

We are more than equipped to go back to the top and, without selling any players, we could make it there simply on the IPO money and ST money each year boosting it up.

At the turn of the year we had £21.1m in the bank. 4 months later, minus the £1m a month loss plus revenue boosting it up, it will be sitting at around £17m/£16m just now. That is just a simplistic look at it excluding any possible payments which may have been made out-with the norm.

In a month or two the ST money will begin coming in and that will boost it back up. Plus, as we go up the leagues the revenue streams start to become larger and more of them appear plus as the team gets stronger there will be more cup runs and more revenue from that etc.

We are more than equipped to go back to the top and, without selling any players, we could make it there simply on the IPO money and ST money each year boosting it up.

I hope we are in a good way and from what we have been told and simple calculations we will be, but we had a chance to start again and do things right and get thing set up right like youth development, scouting, players wages and sell on values but it looks like in 5 years time we will be back at square one giving sub standard player over inflated wages and relying on tv revenue/European football revenue.

I hope we are in a good way and from what we have been told and simple calculations we will be, but we had a chance to start again and do things right and get thing set up right like youth development, scouting, players wages and sell on values but it looks like in 5 years time we will be back at square one giving sub standard player over inflated wages and relying on tv revenue/European football revenue.

The thing is though, starting again incurs one off costs - as seen by the interim results. There are one off costs in our expenditure that won't be paid again.

Things like youth development, scouting etc don't happen over night. The youth we have at the moment are the youth that were here last year. Youth recruitment and development has to start at Level A where they are brought in (say U'16) and then nurtured through the youth teams and into the First Team. You can put the building blocks in place but you might not actually see results for a few years. There's a slight difference between buying young talent for the first time and bringing it in to develop in stages.

I don't think we will go back to where we are and if we do I reckon, hand on heart, the management team will be the cause. It's the old pals act which got us where we were and the longer it stays the more it's going to affect us. Remember the Kevin Kyle statement? "The club will be going in a new direction very soon", so here's hoping.

Mainly, we can't buy players just now so over the next two or three years I reckon we'll see more of the "sell on value" route. A lot of young players won't fancy dropping down to Div 2/3 at this stage in their development and would prefer to stay at their own clubs. Once we are in Div1/near the SPL we will be a more attractive proposition to the younger talents of the world.

I hope we don't end up relying on European revenue again and I think, now that we have a clean slate - no debt, no nothing - we will be more attractive for investment and other revenue streams. Unless the old guard work their way back in, I think the future is looking bright.

has to be remembered that when we were losing a mil a month we had no sponsership cash, no kit deal cash and no merchandise cash.

we would/will have received a portion of these deals up front.

when added to season book renewals come May/June the club will be cash rich.

we just cant spend it

has to be remembered that when we were losing a mil a month we had no sponsership cash, no kit deal cash and no merchandise cash.

we would/will have received a portion of these deals up front.

when added to season book renewals come May/June the club will be cash rich.

we just cant spend it

I'm hoping you are right

Have we ever been told how much the sponsorship deals were for?

I'm hoping you are right

Have we ever been told how much the sponsorship deals were for?

think there was some detail on the sports direct merchandise deal but none I think on kits or shirt sponser, they will however show up on the club accounts, there is also stadium naming rights cash to come as well.

despite all the media shit stirring and the need for some clarity about certain issues during the take over theres no problems with the structure of the clubs finances (tu)

I agree with the poster who stated the share money will be used for seeing us through to the top. Whilst we are in the SFL, I can't see us making a profit, I expect to see a substantial loss for the next couple of years, but its not that scary. Once we get back to the SPL we will have much better revenue streams.

I would actually be quite happy if we lost a full year loss of £7m, but I think it will be a bit higher. It will be blown up by the press as a crisis, but it really won't be.

What is important is that we limit our losses so that we get back to the top with as big a reserve as possible.

I agree with the poster who stated the share money will be used for seeing us through to the top. Whilst we are in the SFL, I can't see us making a profit, I expect to see a substantial loss for the next couple of years, but its not that scary. Once we get back to the SPL we will have much better revenue streams.

I would actually be quite happy if we lost a full year loss of £7m, but I think it will be a bit higher. It will be blown up by the press as a crisis, but it really won't be.

What is important is that we limit our losses so that we get back to the top with as big a reserve as possible.

There was a suggestion on Radio Scotland tonight that Green was paid off. Anyone else hear this ? I certainly hope this isn't true.

If its true, that will be another serious dent in our coffers.

Just wait until the transfer window when Ally, backed by Walter can let loose and spend money like there's no tomorrow. I don't think either of them realise that if you do this then there will be no tomorrow.

This is my fear also.

These Rangers men have never really had to balance the books and show no desire to do so. We have the second highest wage bill in Scotland despite playing in the third division. I'd see the point if we were playing SPL standard football but that's not the case and there's nothing to suggest Ally or Walter have any intention of changing strategy (if there is one) in a footballing sense. I'm just as fearful now as last year. There appears every sign that those running the club will spend every penny that's been raised with very little progress to show for it.

Has anybody any idea what's left in the bank just now?

Most of the share floatation's £22m should still be there because the ST revenue covers running costs.

I'm sure Ally's on £750k a year and think that's too much for a 3rd divi manager whos tactics are beyond comprehension.

Has anybody any idea what's left in the bank just now?

Most of the share floatation's £22m should still be there because the ST revenue covers running costs.

I'm sure Ally's on £750k a year and think that's too much for a 3rd divi manager whos tactics are beyond comprehension.

How are you sure Ally gets paid 750k a year? Who told you?