Ally Not Keen On CFOO Role

I don't really see a problem with the system if it works like this.

It would give Ally more time to work on coaching and tactics.

Agree, negotiations is not the manager or head coaches job,

They should only be brought in in the latter stages, to speak to the player personally

And perhaps to clinch the deal.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, read that as will, same quotes as in the Scotsman. What is it that he has said that you have a problem with? He doesn't know the scope of the role and doesn't think it would be a good idea if the person just signs players that the club doesn't want or need. He also says how he thinks it could work effectively, says the the management need help with scouting and medical.

What is the actual problem?

Did i say i had a problem? Nope i said i understood his point but my personal opinion is Allys signings have been very hit and miss and i would welcome a fresh outlook on future signings. Never slagged Ally never said i had a problem with his comments and didn't add anything that was not in the two articles mentioned. So as turnabouts fair play, what is the actual problem with my op?

Did i say i had a problem? Nope i said i understood his point but my personal opinion is Allys signings have been very hit and miss and i would welcome a fresh outlook on future signings. Never slagged Ally never said i had a problem with his comments and didn't add anything that was not in the two articles mentioned. So as turnabouts fair play, what is the actual problem with my op?

The title is misleading and you only mentioned potential negatives rather than a balanced view on his comments.

Also, I wasn't actually criticising the OP.

I suspect if you took the 'Ally factor' out of this pretty much everyone would agree with what he actually said.

The title is misleading and you only mentioned potential negatives rather than a balanced view on his comments.

I suspect if you took the 'Ally factor' out of this pretty much everyone would agree with what he actually said.

You are correct, if you took Ally out of the equation most fans would probably agree there'd no longer be a need for a DOF or a CLUB.

So a slightly misleading headline and too negative? Fair enough your entitled to your opinion and i mine.

Perhaps that's the plan from Wallace? Cynical maybe but as others have said recently, maybe the least messy way of getting Ally to resign without the disgrace of being sacked by the club he loves.

The problem with trying to ease him out that way is he could simply refuse to pick anyone he did not approve of but was signed by the CFOO.

What happens if we get a director of football is ally becomes a first team coach rather than a manager. His job description changes as well. That's what will be bothering him. His role becomes defined and his targets become set.

I believe the DOF's role will be to provide the first team coach with a squad of say 18 players and agree a football philosophy with his first team coach. And to sell those players, and provide replacements through scouting and youth development, should acceptable bids come in. In other words ally's constant I need new players excuse goes out the window because he is to coach the 18 players he has.

Just say Forrest offer 3 million for Wallace and it meets rangers valuation. DOF tells ally Wallace is away next transfer window u can chose replacement from player a b or c. Keeping a balanced squad. No utility players. No overload of left backs when not having a right back etc.

The board aren't really in a position to tell anyone they're not doing their job well.

They should be coming together and working out a long term footballing strategy. Then set out a list of accountabilities going forward.

Appointing someone else without a plan is pointless.

On the contrary it's their duty to tell him he's not doing his job well

What happens if we get a director of football is ally becomes a first team coach rather than a manager. His job description changes as well. That's what will be bothering him. His role becomes defined and his targets become set.

I believe the DOF's role will be to provide the first team coach with a squad of say 18 players and agree a football philosophy with his first team coach. And to sell those players, and provide replacements through scouting and youth development, should acceptable bids come in. In other words ally's constant I need new players excuse goes out the window because he is to coach the 18 players he has.

Just say Forrest offer 3 million for Wallace and it meets rangers valuation. DOF tells ally Wallace is away next transfer window u can chose replacement from player a b or c. Keeping a balanced squad. No utility players. No overload of left backs when not having a right back etc.

if the footballing philosophy is to be set by a bunch of guys who think a 30% wage ratio is acceptable and competitive i would imagine that philosophy of doing everything as cheap as possible will continue. no wonder ally is concerned i am too. We are a laughing stock as fans allowing that budget. No wonder they are saying it is the envy of other teams what they really mean is its the envy of other teams shareholders as their support whould never sit back and allow their team to be so badly under funded

what signings where his? Perelta is a definate who else?

DOF becomes a key appointment - it sets the direction and governance of the football club from top to bottom.

Youth coaches/ first team coaches and manager report to him. Strategy and leadership is provided by him. The Manager's role is to take the first team squad and work with it on team tactics to win football matches.

The DOF is there to set team philosophy, recruit players that have the required skills/ capabilities to play with that philosophy.

Managers are so short lived that having them central to your plan just results in re-inventing the wheel time and time again.

if the footballing philosophy is to be set by a bunch of guys who think a 30% wage ratio is acceptable and competitive i would imagine that philosophy of doing everything as cheap as possible will continue. no wonder ally is concerned i am too. We are a laughing stock as fans allowing that budget. No wonder they are saying it is the envy of other teams what they really mean is its the envy of other teams shareholders as their support whould never sit back and allow their team to be so badly under funded

So we go back to the Martin Bain days when he was pleased that our player budget was ONLY around 90% of our income.

We shouldn't have had anything more than 30% for the last two seasons but we did and look at the mess it's left us in.

This post proves beyond doubt that many fans simply don't have a grasp of the financial realities of playing football in Scotland.

what signings where his? Perelta is a definate who else?

Most of them expect perhaps Argyriou, Faure who were agents "recommendations" but Sandaza, Kyle, Foster, Smith (albeit he's looking better with games) and all the rest are Allys. He got Wallace,Bell, Black and Templeton (despite injurys) right Law is a funny one brilliant at the start awful recently.