Ally Not Keen On CFOO Role

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The board aren't really in a position to tell anyone they're not doing their job well.

They should be coming together and working out a long term footballing strategy. Then set out a list of accountabilities going forward.

Appointing someone else without a plan is pointless.

DG this is clearly part of the football strategy. There are currently no football men on the board. Identify this guy, a chief scout and we have a basis going forward... I think and hope.

It's obvious that none of the boardroom in the last two years knew anything about football, apart from CG, they need someone to tell them at their level what is happening, the worst case scenario is Walter Smith being chosen, then you can forget your football revolution for good.

Walter is retired and deserves his peace. Plus as you say it would be a big mistake, we have to move on from the Walter\Ally days not keep trying to repeat them groundhog day style.

I have a family member who is involved with a championship side down south.

The way the the signing process works with them is-

Manager/ head coach identify the need to strengthen a certain position in the team,

Head of football operations/ technical director will give him three different options of players

In that position and within the budget.

Players will be persued in a first, second and third choice order.

Seems to work for them.

Ally being reported as saying he's not keen on the Chief Football Operating Officer having the ability to decide on signings and choosing players. While i do understand his point i think it may be what's needed given Allys patchy record on signings and will take some pressure off him (assuming he stays manager) Ally also says he thinks Graham Wallace has been totally honest with him and says he can understand why some supporters are undecided about renewals.

Source - internet rumour? The Sun? Yer heid?

Why post unsubstantiated pish like this - sounds like speculation and guess work

I have a family member who is involved with a championship side down south.

The way the the signing process works with them is-

Manager/ head coach identify the need to strengthen a certain position in the team,

Head of football operations/ technical director will give him three different options of players

In that position and within the budget.

Players will be persued in a first, second and third choice order.

Seems to work for them.

I don't really see a problem with the system if it works like this.

It would give Ally more time to work on coaching and tactics.

Not even an "anti Ally" thread just a summery of the mans own words yet BP9 has to jump to battle stations.

I'm surprised people still reply to his pish, he's just a wind-up merchant, and only exists on this forum to get a rise out of everyone else.

Really do tell? Check the Express article too btw.

Yup, read that as will, same quotes as in the Scotsman. What is it that he has said that you have a problem with? He doesn't know the scope of the role and doesn't think it would be a good idea if the person just signs players that the club doesn't want or need. He also says how he thinks it could work effectively, says the the management need help with scouting and medical.

What is the actual problem?