Safe Standing

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a must, I really miss the old days of standing in the enclosures, a lot of our fans will have never stood at a football ground in their life, the sway of the crowd and the surge for a goal and the togetherness and atmosphere u get from standing is a must for every football fan in my opinion.

I'm afraid the mhanky mhob have a march on us again.

If it does happen at Ibrox in the future we'll be doing it coz they done it first now, thats the mind of a tarrier!

Who cares what a tarrier thinks, though.

Would love to see safe standing back at the Lions Den

The beggars got permission first .Who would have though eh .

For us though ,it would be superb .

My original season ticket was for old east enclosure in 1985 and it was one of the best times for me as a boy ,

Now an old codger but to see the young ones going mental when we scored would be pleasing on the eye

The old timers may remember how good it was when a whole lot of mass bodies caused bedlam when a goal was scored .

Never the same standing beside seats. Never will be.

I know for sure as my ankles are battered and bruised hitting off seats and metal ,the amount of times I've jumped from my seat and ran down the stairs like an idiot over last 30years .

Give me back standing for the young bears any day of the week .It will look and sound great .

Not really surprised their friends at GCC approved this does this meet safety rules any update on the young lad who died at the Scotland game and the safety of other parts of the piggery?

For me it is an age thing I like to sit down and rest my weary bones for 90 mins plus , winter time I do agree it is much warmer but after a goal and a surge in crowd movement I usually lost my vantage point on the old terracing at grounds and some six footer stands right in front and I can see nowt so no I prefer a seat being civilised and having a clear unobscured view.

Would love to see safe standing back at the Lions Den

The beggars got permission first .Who would have though eh .

For us though ,it would be superb .

My original season ticket was for old east enclosure in 1985 and it was one of the best times for me as a boy ,

Now an old codger but to see the young ones going mental when we scored would be pleasing on the eye

The old timers may remember how good it was when a whole lot of mass bodies caused bedlam when a goal was scored .

Never the same standing beside seats. Never will be.

I know for sure as my ankles are battered and bruised hitting off seats and metal ,the amount of times I've jumped from my seat and ran down the stairs like an idiot over last 30years .

Give me back standing for the young bears any day of the week .It will look and sound great .

The days that by the end of the game you were yards away from where you started.

This.

Why would we want to reduce capacity and revenue? Lads in BF1 stand up anyhow. Stand there if you want.

Why would you be bothered about keeping the capacity when the current capacity has only sold out like once in a few years?

We filled our stadium in our last home game against Motherwell. (tu)

We've filled the stadium less than a handful of times in the last 3 years and Celtic are exactly the same. We had one full house against Motherwell, so what? That doesn't justify spending to increase the capacity.

Don .It's nothing to do with the beggars or you fretting like a big girl .

Its just about the possibility of having a area for standing area for the bears .

Surely it's worth a debate without linking to the scum

Big wow .They got permission first .Doesn't mean we have to stay clear of it

We've filled the stadium less than a handful of times in the last 3 years and Celtic are exactly the same. We had one full house against Motherwell, so what? That doesn't justify spending to increase the capacity.

We wouldn't be doing it to increase the capacity though, we'd be doing it to increase the atmosphere and give people the option on whether they want to stand or sit at games. The capacity increasing would just be a bonus.

Celtic getting safe standing isn't increasing their capacity. I saw it on SSN.

You can stand either way i dont see why this needs approval. The scum have hardly any supporters anyway.

Eh? What was our home average last season and what was there's? 20k difference. Then again Dave King calculator would tell us that's great news

Someone commented earlier that a standing section may increase capacity. I simply said that increasing capacity wasn't needed at either club. In terms of the improved atmosphere a standing section could bring, I agree.

Eh? What was our home average last season and what was there's? 20k difference.

It's more like 12k. We averaged 32k at league games last season. That's the lowest it has been since the 1985/86 season

You'll have either heard it wrong or they said it wrong, they're getting 2600 safe standing seats, when those seats are up it will allow room for 4880 - slightly irrelevant as it likely wont really boost their attendances until we're back in the top flight but it will allow them to raise their maximum attendance, the only game that could happen though would be n Old Firm Game but I'd be pretty certain that those games would remain all seated

Modern safe standing areas like in Germany have an extra step sort of but you need to rebuild the stand, but when finished you have twice the capacity of an all seated area..

1508_safe-standing-628x406.jpg