Fave Rangers Goal?

True blue 72

So many to choose from, Hatelely v Leeds Battle of Britain, Durrant away to Marseille that same year are 2 of my most memorable. All the long range efforts against them too from Wilkins, Thern, Konterman, Kusnetsov, Albertz, Ness, Mendes, animal. Could go on all night!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many to choose from and for so many reasons.

I think I tend to look more fondly on the ones where our backs are against the wall , and our old ' No Surrender ' attitude kicks in. One , as a previous poster mentioned , was the League Cup final v St . Mirren when we were down to 9 men . Kenny Miller's goal was so right out the blue , it was ridiculous.

However , I suppose my favourite was Mark Hateley v aberdeen for the league decider. A 3-0 defeat the previous week , made a draw meaningless , so with an injury ravaged squad up against an in-form aberdeen, that had dropped just 1 point since January , I dreaded the worst. Thankfully we pulled it off.

As an aside , I think this game was the turning point in Mark Hateley's Rangers career . After a slow start , in my opinion , he turned into the most complete CF I've seen in my time of watching Rangers . . . . . and there's been a fair few !

Undoubtedly Novos pen against Fiorentina. Never had a better moment in Football. I smashed my head off a radiator and split it open in the pub when everyone jumped forward and didn't even realise I was bleeding. Sheer elation.

Whittaker against Lisbon was fucking special as well

Da Marcus Beasleys goal away to Lyon in 2007/08 season unbelievable pass from cousin and cool as can be finish from Beasley. As much the occasion, of comprehensively beating one of the top side in Europe in their own backyard, as the goal. But sends shivers down my back everytime I see it, what a season!

My favourite goals against them. Wilkins and therns, near identical.

But my favourite goal of all time comes from the season marseille cheated us out of the final, there was some screamer durrant v marseille, hateley v leeds but it has to be Scott Nisbets against Brugge not a beauty but its still my fave.

Wasn't Nisbets a fluke? Certainly luckiest Rangers goal i remember.

Jelavic in the League Cup Final

My late father had passed the week before and NO One will ever convince me he did not bend that ball behind the line. So yes one of my favourite goals in reality any goal against them. The one that really stands out for me though is King Kai Johansen Scottish Cup final replay

Impossible task but PL's header in the cup final does always come to mind - it was such a incredible moment.

Wee Nacho always deserves a mention when it comes to big goals - Helicopter Sunday, Cup Final, Florence.

Other belters (v them) Numan, Wilkins, Mendes - I loved one Cousin put away after a incredible ball from Mendes. Big fella brushed Wilson aside like he wasn't even there, and where to start with the hammer? That free kick....boooom.

Tell you what going to be the best of all? When Halliday scuffs one past them to win the game - coming soon!

Tav's against the junkies at Ibrox or McKay's last week against Queens what a team goal.

All time just to many, Lovenkrands in the cup final last minute just for the sheer joy. Hately's header against the sheep to win the league in 91 got married the day before that one will always be special.

Hateley and McCoists goals at Elland Road, Durrants v Marseille over there and McSwegans header at Ibrox against them are stand outs of a special European season.

Coopers FK against the sheep in the Skol Cup Final, Albertz drilling a FK past the mhanks......so many to choose from I couldn't possibly have 1.